View Poll Results: Angry Bird or Angry Farm

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angry Bird

20 64.52%
  • Angry Farm

11 35.48%
    I've never played Angry Birds before, well not enough to remember anything about it but I'm just wondering what are the differences between the two and which one would you prefer?

I cast my vote for AF since I don't know anything about AB.
    02-26-11 02:59 PM
    No big difference for the game itself, except Angry Farm is not smooth on Blackberry. Well, at least on MY 9700, running OS 6. Not sure what others are experiencing
    02-27-11 12:55 AM
    No big difference for the game itself, except Angry Farm is not smooth on Blackberry. Well, at least on MY 9700, running OS 6. Not sure what others are experiencing
    Yeah, it is a little choppy at times. At quite glitchy, but they probably just wanted to release it because of how much people wanted it.
    02-27-11 06:50 AM
    I agree. I have it on my Torch and it plays fairly well. It is choppy at times and its not what you have running in the back like the game maker tells you. It just needs to be fixed and updated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 08:44 AM
    I have both. It's no contest, the Birds game is much more polished.
    02-27-11 10:34 AM
    I voted for Angry Farm because not only does Rovio not make Angry Birds for BBs, but they don't make it for Vista PCs either. For XP and Win 7, sure, but not Vista. So I'll recommend Angry Farm, which is, despite its glitches, quite charming. I think they'll work out the bugs so it will run more smoothly. Until Angry Birds is released for some platform I own, I'm not going to worry about them.

(As a side note, right before I found out about Angry Farms, I was trying to buy Angry Birds for my PC. If they'd have had it available for Vista PCs, I would have bought it and the developers of Angry Farm wouldn't have gotten my money. Their loss.)
    02-27-11 11:51 AM
    I voted for Angry Farm.

To be fair, I haven't really played Angry Birds (10 seconds in a shop, when the salesman was trying to get my husband to purchase a Galaxy Tab PC doesn't really count, does it?!), although I've watched my husband play it on his phone.
    02-27-11 12:14 PM
    I voted for Angry Farm because not only does Rovio not make Angry Birds for BBs, but they don't make it for Vista PCs either. For XP and Win 7, sure, but not Vista. So I'll recommend Angry Farm, which is, despite its glitches, quite charming. I think they'll work out the bugs so it will run more smoothly. Until Angry Birds is released for some platform I own, I'm not going to worry about them.

(As a side note, right before I found out about Angry Farms, I was trying to buy Angry Birds for my PC. If they'd have had it available for Vista PCs, I would have bought it and the developers of Angry Farm wouldn't have gotten my money. Their loss.)
    After I posted this, I downloaded an update for my mac, so I could get the AppStore. Then I downloaded a torrent of Angry Birds so I got it for free. It's got so much levels, I wish it was for BlackBerries. I like it a lot better and I would change my vote if I could.
    02-27-11 01:53 PM

You can also get it for playstation 3 in the ps online store

02-28-11 01:38 PM
    Hate to admit it, but I voted for Angry Birds

Although Angry Farm is by far the best game available for BlackBerry... it's a far cry from Angry Birds on a decent Android device or iPhone.
    02-28-11 02:14 PM
    well curiosity got to me so i went and checked out angry farms. I have to give the devs credit they are really trying to create a great knockoff but wow its just not near the same quality. Its very choppy and no where near the experience that angry birds is. Anyone who has played both knows its not even close. I give the devs credit they are tackling something that no one else has even attempted. what sucks is AB is free for android and this knock off is 4.99 i think. The hardware for the current BBs just is not good enough to support this type of game play along with the harder programming that would be involved
    02-28-11 02:42 PM
    Angry farm is in its first version, birds is in its fourth. Right now AB is better, but give smarter apps some time and AF will be at least as good.
    It is kinda sad that AF is $5 and AB is only $1 tho
    02-28-11 07:41 PM
    it was wayyy to laggy on os6 9700. it would keep hourglassing on me, it was a bit ridiculous :/
    02-28-11 09:37 PM
    There is a pc version of Angry Bird, just like the AB on iPhone. You can google and download it for a test
    02-28-11 11:06 PM
    My experience has been a mirror image of most others here. Its the first version and, while a good replica of angry birds, is laggy and glitchy.

The sound effects clash and sometimes shut down to silence. The game lags after each collision of each "bird" with the concrete/wood house, especially after each rendering of the house damage and fox deaths. It actually freezes up momentarily. Finally, the over all graphics are not as liquid-smooth as ipad's AB but given blackberry processors I doubt it ever will be.

Overall I recommend it for those wanting Angry Birds on their BB, updates are free for life and it is playable and fun now. I think the creaters of AF knew there was a huge market for this and wanted to hurry up and get v 1.0 out there to start drawing people in. The coming updates will fix all the irritations but the app does work without outright crashing. I'm already addicted.

03-01-11 05:34 AM
    I love angry farm because it's for blackberry... Lol

03-01-11 08:02 AM
    Looking to give this a try, in the hope the dev will give free updates in future.
    When I go to buy it offers 2 versions without saying what handset I have, then when I select 9700 it just has one... Is this version compatible with OS6 ?
    03-01-11 10:04 AM
    Updates? I already finished it! Lol

Now what? New levels?

It was a big laggy and takes forever to go back to use your next "aerial animal" but all in all, I enjoyed it!

Someone should come up with an adult version like "angry genitals" lol...jk

03-01-11 10:29 AM
    Angry Birds is better. Its just more polished. Hopefully Angry Farm gets some updates that will make it better. Its still a good time waster.
    03-01-11 01:13 PM
    I can't believe how cruddy Angry Farm is. I understand that they wanted something to compete with Angry Birds, but this is so far below the bar thats been set by Angry Birds that its not even funny.

Angry birds works great on an iPhone, whereas Angry Farm is choppy, slow and the sounds are of such poor quality that I wonder why they even bothered.

I wish I wasn't giving Angry Farm such a brutal review, but come on...do or do not - there is no try. Why bother releasing something thats of such poor quality?! Just to give Blackberry users a chance to play something LIKE (and I use that term loosely) Angry Birds??! AND they have the cahonies to charge $4.99???!!! Unreal...
    03-01-11 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD