Hi!

So I tried searching for answers to no avail. I accidentally deleted both the games and downloads folder on my Curve. All the actual games/downloads inside those folders automatically moved to the home screen.

Upon looking for answers I saw a few possible solutions, but none of those worked. I tried doing 'show all' but they were not there. I tried looking in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager but can't find anything to restore them (maybe I just missed it?). And I tried making new folders. Right now I have new folders setup but I'm not able to use the proper icons, so I would REALLY like to get the original folders back :/. I am hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks,
    Skyler
    03-18-09 03:32 PM
    System level folders can't be restored. Unless I'm missing something.
    03-18-09 03:52 PM
    Hi!

So I tried searching for answers to no avail. I accidentally deleted both the games and downloads folder on my Curve. All the actual games/downloads inside those folders automatically moved to the home screen.

Upon looking for answers I saw a few possible solutions, but none of those worked. I tried doing 'show all' but they were not there. I tried looking in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager but can't find anything to restore them (maybe I just missed it?). And I tried making new folders. Right now I have new folders setup but I'm not able to use the proper icons, so I would REALLY like to get the original folders back :/. I am hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks,
    Skyler

If you recently backed up your phone (prior to delete) do a restore through your DM.. That should put the folders back onto your main screen..

At least I hope it does.. :/
    03-18-09 04:02 PM
    do you make backups of your device using desktop manager? if no you would need to install desktop manager and reinstall the os
    03-18-09 04:15 PM
    If possible, reinstalling the theme should do it... I have no clue if this would work or not, but I assume it would...
    03-18-09 04:16 PM
    So if I reintall the new OS (168 or something), it'll put it back?

It's pretty ridiculous they don't let you get it back easily T_T.

And no I don't have any backups.

Okay how would I go about reinstalling the theme? (Its the default one). I switched to the other theme on the phone and the folders were back so I think the theme reinstall would work.l

EDIT: AH! I went into themes and 'Reset Theme Defaults' from BB Menu. I have to re-organize everything and change some stuff, but the folders ARE back. I wish there was an easier way though. Kinda dumb if you ask me. Thanks for the fairly quick responses and all the help though

-Skyler
    Last edited by Skyler0; 03-18-09 at 04:40 PM.
    03-18-09 04:38 PM
    The way you found is the only way to do it.
    03-18-09 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD