An OSBB exclusive!!!

Some of you know me well, most of you know my work, I have a problem with leaving well enough alone. Although there was major concern with legacy users, about OS10 locking us out of features and customization, the dedicated always manage to find a way.
    I bring to you ZED PRIME!!!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!

THIS IS NOT FOR THE REGULAR USER!!! IF YOU DO NOT KNOW ANY OF WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, IN THIS THREAD, DO NOT ATTEMPT AN INSTALL. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU BRICKING YOUR DEVICE. IF, AFTER READING THIS WARNING, YOU STILL WANT TO ENJOY THE GOODIES, READ THRU THIS ENTIRE THREAD, WEIGH THE OPINIONS CAREFULLY, AND MAKE A DECISION BASED ON YOUR CHOICE ONLY!!!

I'm not going to go into my usually eloquent prose, because I'm too excited and want you to have this NOW!!!

Instructions...please follow CAREFULLY!!!

Download the Dev beta OS10.1.0.1485 - https://developer.blackberry.com/bla...alphas/update/ - Make sure you select the CORRECT OS for your device, unzip and save it to your desktop

Download and install the awesomest OS10 desktop utility: vnBB10 - vnBB10 � Utility for Side-load app from bar files into BlackBerry 10 and get Hardware ID | vnbb's blog - please donate to the Dev.

Download and unzip my file to your desktop - https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwr-...it?usp=sharing

Connect your BB10 device to BlackBerry Link, and do a FULL backup of your BB10 device. Yes, I said FULL backup. The I do NOT want you to blame me for lost data, after I stressed TWICE to do a full backup. If Link doesn't want to do a full backup, do not continue with the install of .1485, or this hybrid.

Once your full backup is complete, start the Dev Beta exe, and wait for the install of .1485 to complete. You will have to go thru the setup process briefly. Once you installation is complete, unplug from your computer and do a battery pull

Next, enter Development Mode and create a password. Then plug your device back into your computer, and allow set up to pair your device. If Link starts, reduce the screen. Wait for your computer to ask for password input, and comply.

Now start vnBB10. Make sure you provide the proper I.P. info, and the password you created, and select "connect". Once your device info and phone image appears, select "install apps", and navigate to the unzipped ZED PRIME folder. Select all and hit "enter", and hit
    "install"...and wait. Once everything is complete, close out of vnBB10, and restore all previous information with BB Link.

Enjoy!!!

MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENTS: BBM Voice/Video could not be recovered, Voice Control doesn't work, Docs2go may work if

installed from BB World, but I did NOT include it in this build.

I've added language support, so please let me know if these work, for my non US friends..

If you do not like how any of this works, after installation, plug your device back into your computer, start BB Link, and reinstall the

previous OS available for download. Do the happy dance.

Mecca
    04-20-13 11:18 AM
    Nice One Mecca

Although I have no intention of giving up my 9900 for some time It is good to know that when the day comes to move to BB10 Hybrid OS's will be ready and waiting for me.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-20-13 11:33 AM
    Nice One Mecca

Although I have no intention of giving up my 9900 for some time It is good to know that when the day comes to move to BB10 Hybrid OS's will be ready and waiting for me.
    What's sad is that, creating a hybrid for OS10 is easier than the legacy OS's. I have a nice catalog of parts to select from, so let me know when you're ready.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    04-20-13 11:36 AM
    Hmmmmm.....

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 11:58 AM
    Thanks bro, loading it
    04-20-13 11:59 AM
    Hmmmmm.....

Posted via CB10
    You know what it is!

Thanks broma, loading it
    You're welcome!
    04-20-13 12:03 PM
    You know what it is!

You're welcome!
    That was a weird autocorrect. I know you are a male.
    04-20-13 12:04 PM
    That was a weird autocorrect. I know you are a male.
    Hahahaha!! I was responding to BL, with the first reply.
    04-20-13 12:07 PM
    LOL. Yep. I'll definitely get it done later.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:14 PM
    What's sad is that, creating a hybrid for OS10 is easier than the legacy OS's. I have a nice catalog of parts to select from, so let me know when you're ready.
    Is there any discussions where I can learn how to find these updated files and then try to sideload them to different devices (i.e. the "unsupported" Dev Alpha A, or try and collect latest updated 10.0 files for STL100-1 Z10)?
    04-21-13 11:27 AM
    Is there any discussions where I can learn how to find these updated files and then try to sideload them to different devices (i.e. the "unsupported" Dev Alpha A, or try and collect latest updated 10.0 files for STL100-1 Z10)?
    Yes. Download Sachup - google it - and see if there's an OS compatible for your device. From there select "download all", and you will receive a folder containing every available part of the OS you need, in its .bar format.

On a side note, there's no vital settings in this hybrid package, so as long as you have the current Dev Beta already installed, for your specific device, my hybrid should install fine.
    04-21-13 11:51 AM
    I will try tomorrow to sideload/flash your package onto my Dev Alpha A already running the current 10.1 Dev firmware.

Also, I think that STL100-1 is not supported by Sachup (I downloaded the latest one found in the CB thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...rabber-737025/ when it was published by Sacha). The "variants" of Z10 present in the software seem to be -2 -3 and -4. I would be happy if you prove me wrong and help me downloading STL100-1 files
    04-21-13 12:05 PM
    I will try tomorrow to sideload/flash your package onto my Dev Alpha A already running the current 10.1 Dev firmware.

Also, I think that STL100-1 is not supported by Sachup (I downloaded the latest one found in the CB thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...rabber-737025/ when it was published by Sacha). The "variants" of Z10 present in the software seem to be -2 -3 and -4. I would be happy if you prove me wrong and help me downloading STL100-1 files
    My package doesn't contain any core dependent programs, so it won't matter what model phone this is installed on. It's all safe. If there were core dependent files, like the settings or sfi, I would be afraid to have released this. hahaha. I'm not fond of CB witch hunts.
    04-21-13 02:21 PM
    I do not want to make any witch hunt, I would only like to learn more, to be able to download official BB updates for my STL100-1 without depending from network operators But so far I have been unable to understand if it is at all possible with current Sachup release
    04-21-13 04:22 PM
    Mecca, .1429 is not bad at all. Still thinking about dropping your hybrid in the mix.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 05:45 PM
    I have been able to succesfully sideload all the apps to my Dev Alpha A. Something is not working (i.e. trying to swipe down from lock screen to activate clock bedside mode just gives me a black screen and I need to reboot to have access to the OS again) but I was not expecting it to be smooth on an old and unsupported device.

I am also having a problem with the Facebook app: I read in one of the other 10.1 threads a suggestion to solve the error message, that is deleting account and recreating it.

But I am not able to create it again, because the settings program just allows me to create an email account.

Is there any other workaround to make it work?

Thank you again!
    04-22-13 04:04 AM

stl100-1 is suported by sachup stl100-1= devalphaB same hw
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-22-13 09:02 AM
    What is this? Looks like the latest Dev software with some bars, but you don't list what they are. Is there a better description somewhere?
    04-22-13 09:11 AM
    Nice work @Mecca EL, you mentioned BBM voice and video don't work in your hybrid, please do you know why it's so? And is there a fix for that? I would like to install your hybrid on an STL 100-1, but the lack of BBM video and voice is the only reason holding me back for now. Thanks for the great. Please keep at it.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-22-13 10:30 AM
    stl100-1 is suported by sachup stl100-1= devalphaB same hw
    OT: do you know what is STL100-2 in Sachup? Thanks
    04-22-13 01:35 PM
    What is this? Looks like the latest Dev software with some bars, but you don't list what they are. Is there a better description somewhere?
    Got excited over the fact that I actually got it to work, and rushed to get it to market. What do you need to know my friend?
    04-22-13 10:34 PM
    Nice work @Mecca EL, you mentioned BBM voice and video don't work in your hybrid, please do you know why it's so? And is there a fix for that? I would like to install your hybrid on an STL 100-1, but the lack of BBM video and voice is the only reason holding me back for now. Thanks for the great. Please keep at it.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    I would actually have to change a major component to get bbm video/voice to work, but a fellow compiler has already done this. I figure since both hybrids have broken parts, there's a choice for users to consider and utilize.
    Last edited by Mecca EL; 04-23-13 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Spell check
    04-22-13 10:39 PM
    Thanks a lot for your Hybrid!

Is there a way to have also Facebook & Twitter & Linkedin apps working on this?
    Maybe using your OS10.0apps.zip?
    Or isn't it possible?

Cheers from Italy.

Filippo
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-23-13 03:18 AM
    Thanks a lot for your Hybrid!

Is there a way to have also Facebook & Twitter & Linkedin apps working on this?
    Maybe using your OS10.0apps.zip?
    Or isn't it possible?

Cheers from Italy.

Filippo
    Once installation is complete, check BB World. You should see all new updates. Everything works except Bridge, until that is updated.
    04-23-13 07:34 AM
    Once installation is complete, check BB World. You should see all new updates. Everything works except Bridge, until that is updated.
    Already tried!
    You can easily install FB, TW & Linkedin.
    But you CAN'T add the relative accounts.
    Am I wrong?
    04-23-13 09:08 AM
41 12