Hello !
    I'd like to install the new OS (like the Blackberry Bold 9700) for my Blackberry Bold 9000 but i can't find a link and instruction to do that !
    I've found a rapidshare link, but it gotta be a premier account.
    Can you give me a link and instruction ?
    Thanks you !
    12-27-09 03:06 PM
    I have not herd about installing a different devices OS on your device. Personally it doesn't sound like a good idea and it might brick your Berry. However I could be wrong. I will be interested to see others input.
    12-27-09 03:40 PM
    Cant See this working as the 9700 has different hardware components. Perhaps the OP ment simular features as the 9700, then i would advise the os 5.411for bold 9000. Check the os beta page on this forum, you will also find instructions there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 07:36 PM
    He is asking to install an os LIKE the BlackBerry 9700 not the same. If he gets the 5.0.0.411 OS it will be the same os as the 9700.
    12-27-09 07:43 PM
    A lot of the links pointing to Beta OS versions for the 9000 are dead now. I've got a copy, but I'd wait if I were you. It's a reasonably stable beta, but battery life and memory leak are bad if you ask me. I just bought two Bold 9000s in the past few weeks. One for me that I put 5.0 (.411) on. One with the stock 4.6 (my wife's). Her battery lasts way longer as does her memory. Add to that a glitch in the camera and a few other issues. I'd wait until another beta comes out OR RIM releases the official 5.0 for the Bold which shouldn't be long.

I'd go back to 4.6 myself, but I just scored the latest Pocket Informant and I had to choose between the one for 4.5/4.6 and the one for 4.7+. I chose the latter because it's only a matter of time before 5.0 is official.
    12-27-09 10:15 PM
    So its not too advisable to dl the os 5.xxx? Any idea when the official version will be released by RIM?

Was thinking of DLing but i cant dl rapidshare/megaupload links..
    12-27-09 10:34 PM
    So its not too advisable to dl the os 5.xxx? Any idea when the official version will be released by RIM?

Was thinking of DLing but i cant dl rapidshare/megaupload links..
    Its official when your carrier pushes it out.

I run .411 and it works fine, if you knew what you were doing you could pony up and make yourself a hybrid but since i SEVERELY doubt you do, i wouldnt be messing with anything.

9000 Mirror - Hotfile.com: One click file hosting

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

Follow instructions
    Last edited by devildrifterX; 12-27-09 at 11:03 PM. Reason: fuckin rapidshare
    12-27-09 10:58 PM
    I'm keen to start using the OS 5.0, but until it's released by my carrier for my Bold 9000, I'm not even going to try to upgrade, although a friend has and he swears by it.

The possibility of goosing my Bold is more of a deterrent.
    Hold your breath until it's rolled out by your carrier.
    12-28-09 06:26 AM
    Wait for the official release. There are memory and battery life issues with .411 from what I've read. I think RIM wants to get it right, that's why it's taking so long.
    12-28-09 08:10 AM
    Wait for the official release. There are memory and battery life issues with .411 from what I've read. I think RIM wants to get it right, that's why it's taking so long.
    Well said.
    Speaking as someone who as used a PC since MS DOS, it it not worth the pain to use beta's.
    But, some folk just want to learn by trial and disaster. There is NOTHING seriously wrong with the official OS's that a little patience will cure.
    12-28-09 10:27 AM
    Well said.
    Speaking as someone who as used a PC since MS DOS, it it not worth the pain to use beta's.
    But, some folk just want to learn by trial and disaster. There is NOTHING seriously wrong with the official OS's that a little patience will cure.
    Indeed. I use the latest OFFICIAL version on my 9000 (4.6.0.303) from my carrier (Rogers). It is flawless IMHO. Sure, I would like a faster browser and threaded SMS, but it's worth the wait. Reliability is critical for my personal and business use.
    12-28-09 10:33 AM
    Ah!
    another reason not to go the way of the beta:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/5-0...y-leak-393775/

why do they do that??

Here is another headache on the"wonderful" beta:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/una...n-wifi-372038/

why don't they learn??
    Last edited by mandony; 12-28-09 at 08:49 PM.
    12-28-09 07:42 PM
    The possibility of goosing my Bold is more of a deterrent.
    Hold your breath until it's rolled out by your carrier.
    Why is it magically going to work when your own carrier rolls it out? Lots of carriers have rolled it out now. Why is your carrier any smarter than they are?
    03-01-10 09:35 PM
    why do they do that??
    Because in most situations, the pros of upgrading outweigh the cons, and if you really find a build that doesn't work for you, you can go right back to the one you were on before it. We're not ruining our phones. I'm not exaggerating when I say I've installed a new OS more than twice a month since owning my 14-month-old Bold. Sometimes several weeks in a row. It's running better now than when I bought it.

why don't they learn??
    Why don't we learn what? I'd argue we learn a whole lot more than you do. We learn what makes them tick, we learn how to fix them when something doesn't go exactly as we thought it would, we learn creative ways of improving performance, we learn what RIM is doing in terms of OS development long before you do, we learn that these phones are pretty tough to mess up permanently, and we learn that OS 4.6 is lacking all kinds of fun stuff found in 5.0. What do you learn by sitting on your hands?

The threads you linked are not full of people who wrecked their devices. They're just full of people who aren't afraid to tinker and troubleshoot a bit. All of our devices work fine. I don't mind people who don't feel like trying something, but I hate it when people act like they are somehow smarter than the rest of us, for essentially being too afraid to experiment with a device that's nearly impossible to ruin with software alone. Apart from making a mistake debranding, I've yet to see a single thing that can't be fixed after an OS upgrade issue with a little patience. I've read literally THOUSANDS of threads about successful upgrading, and NOT A SINGLE STORY about a permanently damaged phone. Sometimes there are more issues than others, but they're becoming increasingly scant with each new build that leaks. In fact, lately even the builds with a few bugs here and there stay on my device until the next leak comes out. The very small kinks RIM is still working out are nothing compared to how crippling it would feel to go back to 4.6 after all this time playing with the new features.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 03-01-10 at 09:59 PM.
    03-01-10 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD