Is there something wrong with the link that I posted?
    When you try and open it says invalid COD file. Thank for your efforts
    09-27-09 06:29 PM
    Whoops, sorry.. I'll see if I can delete it still.
    09-27-09 07:59 PM
    i just dl it with no issues, is there a charge? i alread pay for everything with the SEP from Sprint. i am going to make that change though for the tricking it into the computer instead of device. should i be ok?
    09-28-09 12:02 PM
    i just dl it with no issues, is there a charge? i alread pay for everything with the SEP from Sprint. i am going to make that change though for the tricking it into the computer instead of device. should i be ok?
    No you should not be charged I have been using this feature for some time now. Yah just use your comp to trick the sprint app so it will allow you to open the app and register the product.
    09-28-09 09:35 PM
    How do you get the BB to recognize the computer as a GPS receiver? All I'm able to do when I connect via BT or USB is Device GPS. Thanks.
    09-30-09 01:14 AM
    My pc doesn't have blue-tooth, Is there any other way to have this navigator register?

i get stock at the payment screen...
    10-01-09 12:23 PM
    Hopefully he'll chime in about that. I don't know if you need a GPS device hooked up to the computer for it to register as an external GPS?
    10-01-09 01:20 PM
    Mine did the same thing. Downloaded it, worked fine, and then went to brag to a fellow Tour owner about my work around and it came up with the "Pay per day" option ... I hope Sprint shows mercy and gives us an update soon!
    10-01-09 04:22 PM
    I can confirm I had the same exact problem. I was getting a Pay screen that asked to pay and wouldn't go past it.

I followed the instructions above and joined my Blackberry to my Mac Book Pro. After selecting it to use my computer instead of the device, under Advanced Options and GPS, I was able to launch and register using the old Sprint Navigation program.

After I registered, the TeleNav program worked perfectly. Make sure you change the GPS back to device and it'll work perfect.

Thanks for the great workaround!!

Omar
    10-05-09 10:13 PM
    hehe does anyone know what to do if I am a PC? I think the only people successful for getting external GPS are MACs
    10-07-09 02:13 AM
    i didn't know you guys didn't know about the bell version. i know i posted it a while back, but...

good to see people are happy

Cody

this link works... replace the hxxp with http...

hxxp://otacdn.telenav.com/resources/2009-06-09/Bellca_RIM_9630_20090608/1_3_0_16/GPSNav.jad

Thank you, Cody.
    10-08-09 09:45 AM
    Thank you, Cody.
    I second that!
    10-08-09 06:26 PM
    I guess my phone is flagged on TeleNav because I even tried the Bell version and it popped up the pay warning even though I'm with sprint
    10-08-09 09:54 PM
    I guess my phone is flagged on TeleNav because I even tried the Bell version and it popped up the pay warning even though I'm with sprint
    Hey Calisoldier your phone isn't flagged all you need to do is register sprint-nav again. The problem is if your running 5.0.190 or higher sprint-nav cant find the GPS even when its on so you need to trick the phone as stated in my OP. You will need to pair with any GPS enabled blackberry 8330 8900 tour etc.. or Macbook and set the GPS from device to the other Blackberry Macbook etc.. Once you have done this go back and open up Sprin-nav and register enter your name email etc.. and close the app after its done registering. Then re-open the bell version and your off and running TRUST ME IT WORKS.

Thanks,
    10-09-09 12:22 PM
    JP, I'm not running v5 just trying to re-register sprint telenav via external GPS. I'll see if I can do it with a WinMo phone since I dont have a MacBook or another BB handy.
    10-09-09 12:31 PM
    Hey Calisoldier your phone isn't flagged all you need to do is register sprint-nav again. The problem is if your running 5.0.190 or higher sprint-nav cant find the GPS even when its on so you need to trick the phone as stated in my OP. You will need to pair with any GPS enabled blackberry 8330 8900 tour etc.. or Macbook and set the GPS from device to the other Blackberry Macbook etc.. Once you have done this go back and open up Sprin-nav and register enter your name email etc.. and close the app after its done registering. Then re-open the bell version and your off and running TRUST ME IT WORKS.

Thanks,
    OK, I successfully d/l the GPS App and when I connected to my PC, I connected to PC and went to GPS and there was no option to change GPS on my phone. I d/l the Bell link in hopes that it will work, but I doubt it.

Any help here regarding a work around for PC users?????
    10-09-09 07:00 PM
    OK, I successfully d/l the GPS App and when I connected to my PC, I connected to PC and went to GPS and there was no option to change GPS on my phone. I d/l the Bell link in hopes that it will work, but I doubt it.

Any help here regarding a work around for PC users?????
    You need to find a bluetooth item that your phone will see as a GPS, Macbook, PDA, Some windows comps, blackberry etc.. Then go to:

OPTIONS > ADVANCED OPTIONS > GPS > GPS DATA SOURCE > CHANGE TO SOMETHING OTHER THAN DEVICE GPS.

AFTER YOU EXIT THE OPTIONS MENU GO TO SPRINT-NAV AND REDGESTER WITH YOUR NAME AND EMAIL. YOU WILL NOW BE ABLE TO OPEN THE BELL VERSION OF TELENAV AND IT WILL WORK.

I cant make it any simpler than that if it doesn't work Im becasue it works fine for me and hundreds of others.
    10-10-09 02:01 PM
    This doesn't work with v4.7.1.57 I tried it at a Apple store and it wouldn't let me register after switching to the computer. I even tried uninstalling/reinstalling..

At least we have google earth now!
    10-10-09 07:13 PM
    SprintNav, Telenav, & GPSNav work on Tour OS .157. I checked it today. Telenav works the best for me so i deleted GPS and hid SpringNav. I'm staying on .157, not moving to 5.0.
    10-10-09 07:55 PM
    JPatterson you and CodyBB are freakin life savers ....i had my fingers and toes crossed downloading this GPS Nav to my phone. I have OS .230 and i was expecting it to ask me some payment or account questions but it didnt. I wonder if it has something to do with my Sprint-Everything plan? (I dont know). But thanks for the info. Since ive installed .230 i've been backing up my phone like crazy every time i install something. LOL
    10-10-09 09:38 PM
    These seem like some complicated steps when you can just download telenav from App World and register @ telenav.com to be able to use it.
    10-10-09 10:55 PM
    All I did was go back to 4.7 and downloaded the Telenav for the Samsung M610 and then all you have to do is upgrade your OS to 5.0.0.230 and you'll be good to go, I hope this helps.
    Last edited by kyrumo; 10-11-09 at 02:22 AM.
    10-11-09 02:20 AM
    thnx!! u guys r life savers lol
    10-11-09 05:25 AM
    Thanks Codybb you are the best!!!
    10-15-09 03:16 PM
    I have SprintNav working with my Curve on .230. Is this a Tour-only problem?
    10-15-09 05:06 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD