This is a hybrid for the Bold 9650 Device. I recommend uninstalling any other OS�s off of your computer and running CCleaner (including registry cleaner) to ensure a clean install. Please back up all your data before proceeding.

-This is meant to install over the following OS:
    9650: 6.0.0.280
    -Run Willyboy 9650 v8.1.exe to install the hybrid over the base.
    -"Exit" the installer, BBHTool Shrink-A-OS will pop up. Shrink accordingly, but conservatively.
    -If you choose to wipe, now would be the time to do it.
    -Launch loader from SAOS. If core applications are missing from loader selection, try launching from BBSAK or BBMCP.

This is a .280/.294 build.

-Includes BBM 5.0.1.41
    -Includes all stock Blackberry games and IM Applications with loader options.
    -BIG thanks to Lyricidal for allowing me to use his new BBH TOOL! This will pop up instead of Shrink-A-OS after the install but it functions just the same.... only better! Check out his work at BBHybrids Forums - BBHybrids - Home!

Our first official 6.0 hybrid for the 9650. We thought we'd make it public for ALL to enjoy. We stashed some 6.0.0.294 files in there, so we hope you like them. Nothing higher is available at this point, so expect slight changes from the base OS. We are already gearing up for the next 9800 leak which we think will really help put this hybrid into another gear.... until then, hope this holds you over! Enjoy!

It is important to keep in mind that the first couple reboots will take a lot longer than normal. Also, battery life will not be good until the device settles which usually takes 24-48 hours. If you have it loaded and are experiencing sub-par performance, consider wiping a reloading. Another helpful utility is to every once in a while give your phone a security wipe.

Device/About Screen/Help Screen
    9650/6.0.0.294/6.0.0.294

Please post your comments and feedback! ENJOY!

Last edited by willyboy6; 10-19-10 at 07:32 PM. Reason: typo on the title
    10-19-10 07:31 PM
    I give this one a go!! Hopefully the battery life will be good since the other hybrids wasn't so good on that part of the hybrid! No disrespect intended.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 07:50 PM
    Just installed & will see how it goes..
    10-19-10 10:54 PM
    Am I a dork for installing these strictly because I like seeing a higher OS number on my about screen?
    10-20-10 11:46 AM
    nope thats most of the reason why i do it :P
    10-20-10 01:31 PM
    Am I a dork for installing these strictly because I like seeing a higher OS number on my about screen?
    I'm willing to bet that that is the single biggest factor in people installing Hybrids. The need for the latest and greatest, even if it may not be any better than an officially released OS.
    10-20-10 02:30 PM
    Great hybrid......just a bit slow in my messages when i try to scroll, but not too much of a problem. Thx WillyBoy for your hard work, keep the updates coming.
    10-20-10 04:50 PM
    willyboy you are the bomb...i use either yours or Jasper's hybrid builds and since you're the only one so far that came out with a hybrid for OS6 i decided to put it on my Bold. i must say you outdid yourself with this build, internet is faster, messages seem normal to me but i've only had it on my phone for about 16 hours now and best of all, the phone options are back. keep up the good work!!!!!!!
    10-24-10 01:09 PM
    Almost everything seemsto work well for me with WB's New 6.0 hybrid, except one thing, It occationally will freeze up on the main screen and will only let me scroll left to right depending on were i am. Its hard to explain but it happens and its really causing me to switch builds not because I want to though. I have already wiped the device and started fresh and reloaded the hybrid but still the same issue. Been running it since it was released and I thought it was because the hybrid just didnt settle in yet.
    10-24-10 08:22 PM
    Can you do this using DM5? Or do I have to upgrade to DM6?
    10-26-10 08:51 AM
    Can you do this using DM5? Or do I have to upgrade to DM6?
    You should be able to load just fine using DM5
    10-26-10 08:54 AM
    Why hybrid a pretty solid OS in the first place? Storms and curves maybe, but Bold doesn't need hybridizing.
    Last edited by plkcable; 10-26-10 at 09:05 AM.
    10-26-10 09:00 AM
    Why not? If there is something out there to make the original better, why not try it.
    10-26-10 09:02 AM
    Why not? If there is something out there to make the original better, why not try it.
    What's wrong with the 9650 OS? RIM actually got one right, or pretty d*mn close anyway.
    10-26-10 09:06 AM
    Why hybrid a pretty solid OS in the first place. Storms and curves maybe, but Bold doesn't need hybridizing.
    On the contrary, the Webkit browser is still in it's infancy as far as OS6 development goes and any effort to improve the browser rendering time, among other aspects of it, should not be discouraged. While the Bold itself is a solid device, OS6 is still a young Operating System and has room for improvement.

Thanks for sharing your opinion though!
    10-26-10 09:07 AM
    On the contrary, the Webkit browser is still in it's infancy as far as OS6 development goes and any effort to improve the browser rendering time, among other aspects of it, should not be discouraged. While the Bold itself is a solid device, OS6 is still a young Operating System and has room for improvement.

Thanks for sharing your opinion though!
    BB6 is also stable. Your hybrid fixes the browser?
    10-26-10 09:08 AM
    BB6 is also stable. Your hybrid fixes the browser?
    Saying OS6 is stable and saying that it performs efficiently are two different points completely. One could argue that it being stable is even a stretch considering many users have reported random reboots on 6.0.0.280. The goal of any hybrid is to take files from a (typically) better performing OS and use those files to improve performance of your current OS. If you've ever used a 9780, you would know that it's version of OS6 runs better than it's 9650 counterpart, for whatever reason that may be. In this build I took files from the 9780 and used them on a 9650 to try to achieve this performance increase. I leave the findings of whether this hybrid actually improved performance and browser speed up to the end users.
    10-26-10 09:28 AM
    Saying OS6 is stable and saying that it performs efficiently are two different points completely. One could argue that it being stable is even a stretch considering many users have reported random reboots on 6.0.0.280. The goal of any hybrid is to take files from a (typically) better performing OS and use those files to improve performance of your current OS. If you've ever used a 9780, you would know that it's version of OS6 runs better than it's 9650 counterpart, for whatever reason that may be. In this build I took files from the 9780 and used them on a 9650 to try to achieve this performance increase. I leave the findings of whether this hybrid actually improved performance and browser speed up to the end users.
    I get the idea behind a hybrid, thanks for attempting to insult my intelligence. All of the above may very well be true; and I recall reading that the reboots were caused, many times - not all, by third party app incompatibility. Since I don't suffer from lag, reboots, spinning clocks I was asking why hybrid what seems to be stable already.

Having owned the Pearl, Curve, Storm and Storm2 I know a crappy OS when I see one. I've used almost every official and leak out there, and done numerous wipe/reloads on all of them. As I mentioned before, on those OS' I could understand the need for a hybrid.
    10-26-10 09:34 AM
    I get the idea behind a hybrid, thanks for attempting to insult my intelligence. All of the above may very well be true; and I recall reading that the reboots were caused, many times - not all, by third party app incompatibility. Since I don't suffer from lag, reboots, spinning clocks I was asking why hybrid what seems to be stable already.

Having owned the Pearl, Curve, Storm and Storm2 I know a crappy OS when I see one. I've used almost every official and leak out there, and done numerous wipe/reloads on all of them. As I mentioned before, on those OS' I could understand the need for a hybrid.
    By no means was I trying to insult your intelligence. Rather, I was trying to formulate a coherent response for others who may be late to the party and be less familiar with the purpose of a hybrid in hopes that they might better understand my response. You've made it quite clear that you are very proficient when it comes to Blackberry knowledge and I'm sure that everyone in this here forum appreciates and welcomes your insights.

If you want to sit here and tell me that the 6.0.0.280 is a rock solid OS and is not in need of an upgrade or improvements, then shame on you. Anyone running the OS would tell you that it leaves a lot to be desired from the browser to the transitions, not to mention some noticeable bugs. I never made the claim that this hybrid would be the end all and be all to the 9650 OS (nor is .280 the answer). In fact, I even make mention in the OP that the user should only expect "slight changes from the base OS". However, it does give users the opportunity to try out newer files on their 9650 and see for themselves if they notice any differences or improvements. That is all.

I look forward to seeing more users feedback on this hybrid
    10-26-10 10:17 AM
    willyboy,

Does this hybrid fix some of the "quirks" of .280. Like hiding Gmail accounts, and cursors getting stuck up against side of screen on app download screens, etc..
    10-26-10 04:01 PM
    Installed and loving it. Very fast and stable.
    10-28-10 04:56 PM
    Love this hybrid. No more reboots and stuck screen. Thanks.
    10-29-10 01:03 AM
    Glad you all have been enjoying this build!

willyboy,

Does this hybrid fix some of the "quirks" of .280. Like hiding Gmail accounts, and cursors getting stuck up against side of screen on app download screens, etc..
    I have been running it myself since I posted it here and I haven't noticed any of those issues that you mentioned, but you may be describing a unique instance that I didn't test.

Enjoy!
    10-29-10 09:12 AM
    willyboy,

I am currently running plain .280 and I've noticed none of these issues.

10-29-10 09:36 AM
    Maybe I'm not doing something right here. I uninstalled the .280 software from my computer, installed your exe file, shrunk the os minimally, then used apploader to load it up like I have with all these leaks. But it didn't seem to go well, it was super quick and when I disconnected my 9650 from the computer I found that all my settings/icons were all intact as if I didn't update the os. Usually a bunch of unnecessary crap pops out and you have to go through first time set up after loading a new os. Not this time though. Also I don't know how to tell if I'm running the hybrid cause it just says I'm still using .280 but I assume this is okay since its built off .280.

And my phones a lot buggier than before. Stupid interface glitches and it keeps saying I have a new sms even after I check my texts.

10-30-10 03:14 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD