I had me bold 9700 for about 3 months now on the latest os6 update and everything seems to be working fine untill today my wifi stopped working with my bbm.
    I have the data plan and everything and i can perfectly connect to wifi and use the browser using wifi.
    but when i try use bbm with wifi it doesnt work anymore.

on the service status it would say:

Blackberry Internet Service
    Connection: Not Connected

but my browser works fine even if i turn my mobile signal off.
    before it would say:
    Blackberry Internet Service
    Connection: WiFi
    and everything would work fast, now it doesnt work anymore
    can someone please help me asap, thanks

Also along with this problem, my bb stopped reading my sd card before it would work but oversnight it says 'media card not present' when its inserted, i put it inside another bb and it showed up so i dont think anythings wrong with the memory card
    Last edited by mahdi1994; 06-07-11 at 12:12 PM.
    06-07-11 12:08 PM
    Its not just you this seems to be the beginning of a pandemic!!!!! i was waiting for a bbm reply last nite until i realised the bb logo had disappeared from my home screen, and any msgs i tried to send were stuck with the red clock! I dont get mobile signal up where i live so i updated the phone today and set it all up and it worked fine with network coverage, as soon as i came home and connected to wifi - no luck although like you say the browser still works over wifi (which it wouldnt without the right blackberry data plan as you know) i have found a few posts on random sites where a few people are having the same issue and after spending an hour on the phone to my network to no avail, a full wipe + the update ...... nothing has changed, i can only imagine its a blackberry issue and not this many peoples phones.

Also can anyone reading and hasnt noticed this yet please turn ur network off while connected to wifi and see if you can send a message? i tried it on my sisters blackberry and she had same issue with network off!

Hope its fixed soon cos this is why i went for Blackberry.
    06-07-11 01:36 PM
    damn, and i though i'm the one who is having trouble with this issue
    06-07-11 01:52 PM
    no my wifi is working i can browse and that BUT the BIS isnt connected via wifi so i cant use the blackberry services via wifi
    06-07-11 02:47 PM
    Yep same here.. This afternoon I stopped having BIS over WiFi.. With mobile network off I am able to browse over wifi but no e-mails no BIS connection..

Any news RIM??

p.s. My carrier is Cosmote in Greece
    06-07-11 04:54 PM
    Same problem Vodafone UK
    06-07-11 06:11 PM
    Some big-*** problems going down with BIS, nobody in the UK's is working by sounds of it!
    06-07-11 06:17 PM
    I'm facing the same issue....I discovered this almost 2 days ago.....Vodafone Egypt
    06-10-11 03:08 AM
    Yep I have same problem vodafone UK.. I'm in the usa but I'm from england.. So I don't pay roaming charges I turn my signal off and everything worked fine over wifi.. I did notice yesterday and last night it did work for a brief moment... Like minutes but then dropped again.. Hoepfully things wiill b sorted soon.. So glad in not alone with this...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-11 03:44 AM
    Its bak on people..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-11 02:39 AM
    I am having the same issue. I am with Telus (Canada) but am currently travelling in the US and have turned off the radio to avoid roaming charges. No BIS connection when on wifi.

I've definitely done this before back home since the building I work in doesn't get cell reception. Not sure if anyone in North America can confirm/deny this....
    06-11-11 08:22 PM
    It's back for the last couple of days
    06-13-11 12:17 AM
    I have BB Bold 9700, and my browser etc. and everything works fine with wifi. Everything but BBM! I am from Canada, and im going to Orlando very soon, and i dont want to be charged with roaming, so im turning my mobile network off.
    p.s- im with Bell.
    PLEASE HELP ME!
    12-19-11 03:11 PM
    Had the same issue with a Blackberry bold 9900 on wifi ... no wifi icon on front screen yet the home network wifi name does appear and looks to be connected to wifi. Talked with both Bell reps and Blackberry with no solution. If the network is turned on, the bbm and email messages start coming in and roaming charges are incurred. Two other blackberries and laptops are connected to this same home wifi. It's very frustrating when Bell advises of incorrect information every time you call them. The blackberry is now working on wifi but in order to kick start it, the network had to be turned on first. Very annoying since in order to make it work on wifi, you first have to incur roaming charges. I believe there is something wrong with the wifi workings of the blackberry and want to exchange it. Also, when we tried to back up the blackberry on Blackberry Desktop Manager, it failed. Also failed when attempting to update the software via BDM.
    12-31-11 09:09 AM
    Hi need help my blackberry 9800 bbm want work and I've tryed every thing need help please
    08-13-13 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD