Releasing all these little private beta's?? I dont get it.

Are they actually fixing things? or releasing these beta's with different numbers to each carrier, in hopes that they can find out which carrier is leaking them? like .48 went to TIM, .52 went to AT&T, etc..

Or are they trying to add piece by piece, all of what's in 4.6, to the 4.5 beta's in hopes that by the time the Bold get's released, it's OS version will match what is on all the other devices?

I dont notice a single difference from the first beta, to the .52 beta... other than watching streaming video's doesnt reboot my device now.. other than that.. nothing looks changed/updated.

I guess no one knows except them..
    07-18-08 10:08 AM
    Ok first ATT doesn't have .52. RIM gives betas to it's partners. It is then the Partners decision on wether they want to release the beta as official or not. It has nothing to do with RIM. As far as fixes, most foreign carriers stamp. Official on the beta and release it. Most US carriers do not. But just wanted to let you know RIM has nothing to do with these releases.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 10:14 AM
    Ok first ATT doesn't have .52. RIM gives betas to it's partners. It is then the Partners decision on wether they want to release the beta as official or not. It has nothing to do with RIM. As far as fixes, most foreign carriers stamp. Official on the beta and release it. Most US carriers do not. But just wanted to let you know RIM has nothing to do with these releases.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was just using the .52 as an example.. So between all those little beta's, the only difference is carriers putting their garbage on them?

If it's up to the carriers to release as official, why would RIM get mad? If they dont want them to be leaked, tell the carriers they cannot release at all, official or otherwise..
    07-18-08 10:21 AM
    I was just using the .52 as an example.. So between all those little beta's, the only difference is carriers putting their garbage on them?

If it's up to the carriers to release as official, why would RIM get mad? If they dont want them to be leaked, tell the carriers they cannot release at all, official or otherwise..
    MAN I COULDNT AGREE MORE...The just like jerking people around i have heard that before 4.6 hits that the carriers will be using 5.0 for cdma's so here is what you have a cellphone company that love tweaking its os but never really committing to what they need to. Take the feature we want make them work and get out of the god damn way!
    07-18-08 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD