I deleted BBM a few weeks ago. I never used it and decided to get rid of it. After I did the OTA update today for the "new & improved" software, it not only added BBM back on my phone but now I can't delete. I went to Apps and it's now under the Core list. I also tried deleting w/ Desktop Manager and still no luck. Can someone please help?
    04-19-10 09:48 PM
    What worked for me is to install BlackBerry App World. There is a newer version of BBM available there. Newer than the one that Verizon dishes out. Install the upgrade for BBM, reboot, and now it will be listed under 3rd party apps in Options/Applications.

Uninstall it, then uninstall BlackBerry App World and then both are gone.

Worked for me anyhow.
    04-19-10 09:53 PM
    What worked for me is to install BlackBerry App World. There is a newer version of BBM available there. Newer than the one that Verizon dishes out. Install the upgrade for BBM, reboot, and now it will be listed under 3rd party apps in Options/Applications.

Worked for me anyhow.
    Thank you!!! I'll give it a shot
    04-19-10 09:56 PM
    If that doesn't work then just load DM and delete it using that.
    04-19-10 10:01 PM
    I tried deleting it through DM and that doesn't work either. I'm going to try your other idea.
    01-17-11 12:15 PM

Worked for me anyhow.
    I also updated to .267 on my 9930 and I already had APP World installed and use it regularly.

Your solution is apparently a great one (if that works which I'm not questioning you at all), but what if you still want Blackberry App World on the phone?

I deleted BBMessanger 3 days ago due to apparent "Issues with Device Responsiveness" now being at a low of 26 which makes no sense because I have TONS of free space but I deleted some useless apps, including BBMessanger, which brought me back up to a still ridiculous 32 and am now in the exact position as the OP.

Another problem is that already having App World, BBMessanger is installed there (not in 3rd party apps) so you can't install anything but the latest version which goes right into App World.

My mission today was to ask why they made BBMessanger a REQUIRED APP now? It kinda pisses me off that they decided FOR ME that I can't delete a USELESS app that I don't use or want!

Sorry, was starting to go nuts.... back to my question, what if you still want App World? If I delete that now, won't I lose ALL of my apps along with BBMessanger?

Thanks...
    02-18-12 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD