I'm seriously thinking of dropping my BB 8350i and going with an iPhone. I sync with Outlook Exchange through BES and I'm concerned about what features I'd be giving up. I guess the iPhone uses ActiveSync. I've talked to a couple of people using the iPhone with OE and they think it works well but I really don't trust that they use the features to their full extent. Please give me some good email and calendar reasons to stay with BB. The best reason is that Nextel service sucks. If I don't go to iPhone I'll at least switch to AT&T and get the Bold. I know there are a lot of comparisons between the two but I'm really just interested in the email and calendar functions. Thanks.
    07-25-09 09:36 PM
    Truth be told the iphone is pretty good. Since they finally implemented Exchange support it is up there with BB if your company uses that.

Do you like doing two things at once? Then stay with a BB. Iphones can't multi-task worth a flip. Since your Nextel coverage is so bad have you thought about moving to the Sprint side? Or even VZW for that matter?
    07-25-09 09:43 PM
    email is obvious. But really its the os where the iphone blow away the competition. With a great touch screen, graphics, and lots of apps to go with it, 3GS should be considered, or wait for storm 2 if you can wait. Or go with tour.
    07-25-09 09:54 PM
    Blackberry's good with emails. That's what i use it for but if u like cool apps, iphone is hard to beat
    07-26-09 02:11 AM
    IMO, I would just switch to the Tour on Sprint. I just bought this phone and couldn't be happier. It does most everything an iPhone can do, save for a few thousand useless apps that you wouldn't use more than once or twice anyway. iPhone is a solid device but AT&T is lacking as a carrier.
    07-26-09 02:33 AM
    Ok no one seems to be addressing the question.

BlackBerry PUSHES your email to you, you will get it faster, and it will look clean and easy to read (Unless you need full HTML, but I have never received a business e-mail requiring full HTML that is more for Play e-mails)
    BlackBerry Calendar holds appointments across timezones, cleanly, your appointments do not jump, as you cross time zones because your phone stays in your home time zone, this is a feature or a limitation depending on your uses, it is a feature to me.
    With the latest BB's you can set which time zone you want your appointments for rather then having to do the math, so if you know you are going to be in Central time on tuesday and have a meeting at 2pm central time you set your appointment at 2pm Central time, and it will show up correctly in your calendar based on your time.

If you type a lot of e-mails, I feel a physical keyboard is far suprior to that of a touch screen keyboard, this is a heavily debated topic, so it is something you would have to test for yourself.

IF you are in the market for a toy phone, the iphone is for sure the better purchase, way more games, bigger screen for movie watching, slick and light weight, but if you need a TOOL to get work done with, BB is your solution.
    07-26-09 06:49 AM
    Ok no one seems to be addressing the question.

BlackBerry PUSHES your email to you, you will get it faster, and it will look clean and easy to read (Unless you need full HTML, but I have never received a business e-mail requiring full HTML that is more for Play e-mails)
    Thanks for addressing the question deRusett. Doesn't the ActiveSync on the iPhone push the email as well?
    07-26-09 06:09 PM
    Thanks for addressing the question deRusett. Doesn't the ActiveSync on the iPhone push the email as well?
    iPhone has push email, address book, calendar.
    07-26-09 10:17 PM
    there's no perfect toy that caters to the world. choice between a BB vs iphone deeply depends on what the individual needs, and is likely to do on the phone.

i observe that BB users r less likely to be gaming while on the go. whilst iphone is pretty much a lifestyle gadget. in short, its an ipod touch c/w phone functions.

for me... to get the best of both worlds, i'd get a ipod touch for all the other apps. that way, my phone battery aint drained.
    07-27-09 12:05 AM
    there's no perfect toy that caters to the world. choice between a BB vs iphone deeply depends on what the individual needs, and is likely to do on the phone.

i observe that BB users r less likely to be gaming while on the go. whilst iphone is pretty much a lifestyle gadget. in short, its an ipod touch c/w phone functions.

for me... to get the best of both worlds, i'd get a ipod touch for all the other apps. that way, my phone battery aint drained.
    yeah, exactly. It really just depends on what you want to do with your phone and what your priorities are.
    07-27-09 03:07 PM
    You know what, I've had the iphone and just this week I got the Xperia X1, and that's one of the best phones i've EVER had. With an exchange account, mail was pushed to my phone along with my calendar and contacts. Automatic backing up and full (yes FULL) imap support! Great screen resolution and sexy as ****. But ALL battery life SUCKS on ANY other phone but the blackberry, why was that? Ahh, because BB has the patent on it's compression and push tech. In reality they both use the same amount of battery (or more or less of course), but the REAL deal saver is when your phone communicates to the network. instead of 50k every time, it's 1k. Over the course of a day, it REALLY shows. After 6 days with my Xperia, I'm returning it / selling it. I love the phone, can't stand that it won't last more than 1/2 a day with me. My blackberry bold lasts longer on 3g, while the other one was on GPRS. LOL.

Blackberry SUPERIOR MESSAGING TOOL!
    Iphone, SUPERIOR TOY
    07-27-09 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD