I realize this is just the 9700 board, but I'm asking here cuz I just got it.

I would prefer one of the leather pocket pouches or whatever they're called, to come with the phone. I felt the same way about my 9000. Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm just curious other people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 01:48 AM
    I agree completley being 17 I don't have a need or want for a clip holster, but I am using it until my comuter case gets here

02-28-10 02:04 AM
    I personally love the holster. I was excited when I opened up my 9000 last year and saw the holster. I hated those sleeves that came with the 83xx and 8900 lol. My 9700 is always at my side.

02-28-10 02:18 AM
    I agree completley being 17 I don't have a need or want for a clip holster, but I am using it until my comuter case gets here

What, being 17 makes you so kooool that you would not be seen with a holster? I can see it WOULD be a problem getting your Blackberry out of a pocket when your pants are down to your knees! LOL! You got some growing up to do!

I guess with all the social pressures and acne a holster is a no-no, but wait till you get out in the real world where you are making a living and all of a sudden how you look becomes secondary to funtion!

I handle likely 80 emails and calls a day out in the field and I want to be able to grab my phone and use it and when do slip it back into safety waiting for the next call or email. Nothing beats a holster. I guess I pick practicallity over looking kooool!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 02-28-10 at 06:40 AM.
    02-28-10 06:33 AM
    I never holstered my 9700 once! Hate them.

02-28-10 06:48 AM
    I never holstered my 9700 once! Hate them.

^^+1 (or any other BB device)

Mine came with the pouch & holster (holster is gathering dust somewhere). "Holstering" seems mainly to be a NA thing; never understood it either. Its very rare if I see anyone "holstering" their BB in Europe.
    02-28-10 06:58 AM
    ^^+1 (or any other BB device)

Mine came with the pouch & holster (holster is gathering dust somewhere). "Holstering" seems mainly to be a NA thing; never understood it either. Its very rare if I see anyone "holstering" their BB in Europe.
    What do you do with your phone while at work or shopping or stuff like that. I wear a suit while at work and the holster is a must, i cant see keeping my bb in my pocket.
    02-28-10 07:09 AM
    What, being 17 makes you so kooool that you would not be seen with a holster? I can see it WOULD be a problem getting your Blackberry out of a pocket when your pants are down to your knees! LOL! You got some growing up to do!
    From the old guy on American Idol: "Lookin' like a fool witcha pants on the ground".......
    02-28-10 07:14 AM
    my 9700 came with the little pocket thing which i use at work (wearing theatre scrubs!) i also bought the holster so that when i am doing things round the house i dont miss any calls/texts/emails! also sometimes i work at my freinds shop so the holster comes in handy then too! i like both cases but i just got an otterbox commuter (quality case!!) so i no longer need the pocket for work, but i plan on buying a bold 9000 holster so i still have that option without having to take the otterbox off!!
    02-28-10 07:18 AM
    What do you do with your phone while at work or shopping or stuff like that. I wear a suit while at work and the holster is a must, i cant see keeping my bb in my pocket.
    I use both the holster and pouch, although I had to get my pouch (pocket sleeve?) off eBay. When I wear a suit, I keep the device in the left inside pocket of the jacket.
    02-28-10 07:22 AM
    @Work : I wear a suit and its always within the inside left pocket of my blazer. For me personally, I have no need to quickly draw my blackberry (I'm not in the wild west :grin: ). From the sound alert notification I know if I have an e-mail, IM, BBM etc.

@"Shopping or stuff" : Its in my right pocket of trousers/jeans/shorts. Left pocket has keyring (with three keys) and a very small slim wallet holding 2 credit cards and banknotes (I hate small change). Keyring maybe in a jacket if I'm wearing one...

I do not tend to carry 101 keys and a thick wallet of useless cards/receipts/papers etc.
    Last edited by PDM; 02-28-10 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Edit : (I'm not in the wild west :grin:)
    02-28-10 07:23 AM
    my 9700 came with the little pocket thing which i use at work (wearing theatre scrubs!) i also bought the holster so that when i am doing things round the house i dont miss any calls/texts/emails! also sometimes i work at my freinds shop so the holster comes in handy then too! i like both cases but i just got an otterbox commuter (quality case!!) so i no longer need the pocket for work, but i plan on buying a bold 9000 holster so i still have that option without having to take the otterbox off!!
    The Bold 9000 holster piece will work with the OB Commuter? I have one as well and a drawback is no way to carry it. I'm gonna be all over this!
    02-28-10 07:24 AM
    I love them both. Mine came with a rather cheap holster. I have the case-mate barely there on my bb and use my old 8310 pouch while at work. I use a 9000 holster away from work. It fits perfectly in the holster with a skin or the case-mate on.
    02-28-10 07:26 AM
    I use my left over 9000 OEM holster with my 9700 w/Incipio case, works really well.
    02-28-10 07:30 AM
    Pouch and pocket for me.

Just the thought of having my Berry swinging from my pants scares me... sooo 80's
    02-28-10 07:31 AM
    I've yet to use a holster that came with the phone. I only holster my phone when I'm out to dinner or something.
    Some wide sweeping generalizations made above...wow. Give the kid a chance to explain why before you make assumptions that his pants are on the floor and he has zits. The kid said that being 17 he doesn't have a need or want for a clip holster. Hmm, looking back at myself at 17, I wouldn't want one either. I was riding bikes on ramps, dirt tracks or skateparks. I would think a clip holster whilst doing a 540 on a Haro Freestyler or a PK Ripper would probably allow the phone to pop out onto the pavement. The safest place would probably have been my front pocket, but still dangerous. A backpack would have been better, but in 1984, if you wore a backpack...you got the sh*t kicked out of you.
    Anyway, there were no cell phones for us back then, and no way our parents could get in touch with us until we were good and ready to come home.

02-28-10 07:34 AM
    Pouch and pocket for me.

Just the thought of having my Berry swinging from my pants scares me... sooo 80's
    Now that was funny. I roll with the Ari Gold case 99% of the time..., my hand.

02-28-10 07:37 AM
    I wonder if the UK 9700 sales packaage comes with a holster or pouch, as I haven't ever seen one person use a holster. It does look pretty ridiculous, but that's just a cultural thing, I'm sure if I lived in the US I would adopt the holster. A pouch is perfect for me, as skins make the phone difficult to retrieve from a pocket. And when I'm home my phone generally sits in the charging pod in the office.

02-28-10 07:42 AM
    I have mine on the hip at all times as it is much more convenient for me to access it. I thought it actually was a really nice case myself. If it is dorky, not in style I don't care. I do it again out of convince. Honestly basing how someone is on how they carry their phone is just silly to me and immature.

02-28-10 07:46 AM
    but in 1984, if you wore a backpack...you got the sh*t kicked out of you.
    LOL! Now that made my morning.

I did not mean to disrespect the "kid", just wanted to defend the holster, it is not just for us "old people"

I have been using Blackberry all the way back to the 957 series, most people did not know what a Blackberry was back then, they came with this horrible plastic clip holster which I did NOT like but back then there were no 3rd party holster makers, period!
    02-28-10 07:47 AM
    I've tried them all,sleeve that came with my 8330,leather pouch and plastic clip holster. I use the sedio hard case and clip holster and this works best for me. I can dress casually for work so I have no need to wear any kind of suit coat or jacket. It's just a matter of personal preference and my daily routine that I choose what works best for me.
    02-28-10 08:23 AM
    I was very disappointed to find the belt-clip holster in the box. This is a professional looking phone. What am I, some sort of geek with a pocket protector in my shirt pocket and a phone on my hip? I always carried my 8320 Curve in its leather sleeve inside my suit coat pocket, or in my shirt pocket. I immediately ordered a sleeve. The least they could have done is made the belt clip removable. What a waste.
    02-28-10 08:41 AM
    I just pocket my phone , everywhere I go, no matter what I wear, I even pocket my phone while wearing my pj's ;-)

02-28-10 08:46 AM
    LOL! Now that made my morning.

I did not mean to disrespect the "kid", just wanted to defend the holster, it is not just for us "old people"

I have been using Blackberry all the way back to the 957 series, most people did not know what a Blackberry was back then, they came with this horrible plastic clip holster which I did NOT like but back then there were no 3rd party holster makers, period!
    I remember when I first started seeing blackberrys pop up, you're right, nobody had cases.
    02-28-10 09:17 AM
    I have the leather pocket from my 8900- fits perfectly.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-28-10 09:19 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD