I do not want to download any of the leaked OS's and should not have to, RIM or Verizon SHOULD have provided a fix for the .591 crap by now. What are they doing? Do they think that there are no issues with .591 or what? we should all send a signed petition or something to get some progress going here only I am not sure how to start something along those lines. If anyone has any answers or can help with a petition or something similar please post up thanks.
    05-20-10 12:02 AM
    05-20-10 12:25 AM
    I had a lot of issues with .591 as well. Dropped calls, slow internet, fluxuating signal... Just a lot of weirdness. I just updated my phone to Sprint's .624 and the phone seems better alreadt. The internet speeds blow the old OS away. Still dealing with the browser click issue but otherwise seems pretty solid. Looking forward to a new Verizon update soon though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 12:42 AM
    I've had no issues with .591, sorry.
    05-20-10 09:17 AM
    I've had no issues with .591, sorry.
    you must be the ONLY one.
    419 worked great for me, but the auto unlock out of the holster got me looking for newer ones. .662 is doing pretty well, some weirdness with the reminders and battery isnt as good as .419 but ill live with it for now.
    05-20-10 09:34 AM
    I'm not planning on upgrading to .591. .419 works perfect for me.
    05-20-10 09:41 AM
    I dont understand why everyone is scared of the leaked os or hybrids. The builders of the hybrids listen to all of the issues that are being brought up and do what they can to fix the issue. Not a fan boy, but its obvious that big V and Sprint dont care about the problems that are prevalent with the 9630 and to be honest im sure the bold is gonna have problems too. Come to grips with it and then move on.
    05-20-10 09:53 AM
    RIM isn't waiting for anything. They've released many new OS's for the Tour since .591.

It's Verizon who isn't releasing the OS.

You'd rather ***** and moan and sign an online petition that will do nothing as opposed to just using the official Sprint release or the .643 one? Not exactly the brightest plan, now is it?
    05-20-10 10:05 AM
    Went from .419 to .591 and the only issue I've had is the browser click one, which is starting to get real annoying. .624 from Sprint has this issue too?
    05-20-10 11:03 AM
    The CARRIERS are the ones who release the OS versions to the users.
    05-20-10 11:12 AM
    My Verizon Tour with Sprint's build suffers from the browser click issue. To be honest, its not something that bothers me enough to warrant a complaint. I'm going to load up .662 soon though, as that seems to be the build everybody is happiest with.

05-20-10 11:14 AM
    RIM isn't waiting for anything. They've released many new OS's for the Tour since .591.

It's Verizon who isn't releasing the OS.

You'd rather ***** and moan and sign an online petition that will do nothing as opposed to just using the official Sprint release or the .643 one? Not exactly the brightest plan, now is it?
    Actually it is a bright plan. The way things work are you buy a phone and you also get something called customer service along with it. There is a reason Desktop Manager came with the phone, so that updates can be supplied to the customer. A web forum did not come with the phone so as much as I am greatful for Crackberry it is not the proper answer to the issue, nor is installing another carriers software. Especially if you are an average customer who does not go searching for answers online because you shouldnt have to, service is part of the contract you have with your supplier. Imagine buying Ford that is still under warranty whose paint is peeling. Would you get mad a go to GM to have them paint it or would you like to have Ford fix the issue because that is part of what you payed them to do? Just because you are pissed at RIM or Verizon doesnt mean you should criticize someone else for wanting to hold them accountable.
    05-20-10 11:16 AM
    *sigh*

Were you promised OS updates anywhere when you bought your Blackberry? No, you weren't. You're lucky they are releasing anything above 4.7. They're not obligated to update anything.

Do you buy a 2009 Ford, then when they come out with 2010 version with improvements -- do you go back to Ford and demand they install all those updates in your 2009? No, I didn't think you did.

If you really want to complain, call Verizon and complain to them. Doing it on the internet is going to get you nowhere.

Or, you could just install the latest Sprint OS and stop whining.
    05-20-10 11:46 AM
    Actually it is a bright plan. The way things work are you buy a phone and you also get something called customer service along with it. There is a reason Desktop Manager came with the phone, so that updates can be supplied to the customer. A web forum did not come with the phone so as much as I am greatful for Crackberry it is not the proper answer to the issue, nor is installing another carriers software. Especially if you are an average customer who does not go searching for answers online because you shouldnt have to, service is part of the contract you have with your supplier. Imagine buying Ford that is still under warranty whose paint is peeling. Would you get mad a go to GM to have them paint it or would you like to have Ford fix the issue because that is part of what you payed them to do? Just because you are pissed at RIM or Verizon doesnt mean you should criticize someone else for wanting to hold them accountable.
    Boy ignorance sure is bliss huh....
    05-20-10 11:55 AM
    The CARRIERS are the ones who release the OS versions to the users.
    Thanks, well then we need to let Verizon know that we have issues and we want them addresssed. I have talked with about 4 tech each from both VZW and RIM and they both say that besides the browser click issue there has not been many claims at all of other issues. The browser click issue is being addressed with the coming software update per RIM tech support that I spoke with today. They were unable to tell me when it would be released though and said to contact VZW for that. So the reason I say we need to send a collection of comlaints or something along those lines is so that it is all lumped together and cannot be denied.

The other issue I have since V5 that bothers me a lot is constant buffering. After some troubleshootingwith RIM today I have a feeling that this may be related to the signal strength not being the same as before V5. I am gonna test this out by using Scanner Radio at work where there is a very good signal and see if it doesnt need to buffer as much as at my house where my signal is around -88 to -90. Then I am gonna downgrade to whatever I had before V5 and use it for a few days to see if I can find other issues. I didnt have the phone too long before V5 came out besides the browser click and Buffering I cant remeber much to compare them in other areas.
    05-20-10 12:01 PM
    *sigh*

Were you promised OS updates anywhere when you bought your Blackberry? No, you weren't. You're lucky they are releasing anything above 4.7. They're not obligated to update anything.

Do you buy a 2009 Ford, then when they come out with 2010 version with improvements -- do you go back to Ford and demand they install all those updates in your 2009? No, I didn't think you did.

If you really want to complain, call Verizon and complain to them. Doing it on the internet is going to get you nowhere.

Or, you could just install the latest Sprint OS and stop whining.

They did release an update for my device and they are obligated to make sure that it runs smoothly and properly. It was provided to me through the update program that they included on my phone and through the software program for my PC that was provided from them with my phone. It is there for a reason the same as how windows has updates, any piece of hardware for your computer has updates and so on.

Also it is not whining to take a stand for something you feel is not right. I have seen many people actually whining on these boards but have they even taken the time to go through Tech support and use their process so that the issue is documented which will lead to action to fix it? I am gonna say the majority have not. They just want to whine that VZW sucks and they wont help me so I HAVE to go find software somewhere else. Complaining that something is wrong but not wanting to properly address it is whining.
    05-20-10 12:41 PM
    If you don't like it load up 643.
    05-20-10 01:09 PM
    Mister I think think you are missing the obvious point of my stance that i shouldnt have to load up a leaked update or somone elses update. I used to do it in the past with my old smart phone but this one I want to keep with the ones only available to a normal phone user.
    05-20-10 01:18 PM
    Yes...it seems RIM/Carriers are somewhat challenged when it comes to offering a satisfactory OS for the masses. "You can please some of the people some of the time, but..." I am new to the Tour and it came into my possession free from VZW due to ongoing issues with my Curve so I am no stranger to OS issues. My Tour came preloaded with the first .591 release. The browser click issue was a pain. After reading about the leaked 5.0 releases I was willing to give it a try and am mostly happy with the results but not satisfied enough as battery performance, even after a week of settling in, is not quite up to par. Signal stability and reboot issues are minor.

One observation that no one has mentioned yet is that there are a variety of opinions on which leaked OS (.643 or .662) is "the best." Some posters have had better results with one leak while others have had better results with the other. I would have to deduce that RIM has failed to produce a single OS for the VZW Tour and as a result, there is no upgrade available for .591...yet. So come on RIM, get your act together!

05-20-10 02:02 PM
    Mister I think think you are missing the obvious point of my stance that i shouldnt have to load up a leaked update or somone elses update. I used to do it in the past with my old smart phone but this one I want to keep with the ones only available to a normal phone user.
    I know exactly what you are saying and I said the same thing but I just found 643 to be perfect. I used to run 6.5.x on my Touch Diamond all the time.
    05-20-10 02:37 PM
    Roll the device OS back to 4.7 and you will be back to the way you were. Problem solved.
    05-20-10 05:23 PM
    I have to agree with O.P.

I bought a device with a "#1" carrier to avoid issues. I did not plan to make keeping up with crackberry a necessity just to have a device perform the way it is supposed to.

I like the idea of this site to modify or learn tricks, but not to work around basic software builds that should be addressed after a year of being put to market.
    05-21-10 12:50 AM
    I rolled back to .484

It is more stable, and I don't miss the enhancements either

Roll the device OS back to 4.7 and you will be back to the way you were. Problem solved.
    05-21-10 07:10 AM
    I have to agree with O.P.

I bought a device with a "#1" carrier to avoid issues. I did not plan to make keeping up with crackberry a necessity just to have a device perform the way it is supposed to.

I like the idea of this site to modify or learn tricks, but not to work around basic software builds that should be addressed after a year of being put to market.
    Excellent comment. Unfortunately, it does not hold true.
    05-21-10 08:45 AM
    That's exactly what I did since .591 is garbage. Since I 'downgraded' so to speak. QuickPull works again. The browser click issue is gone. I find having to to this as unsatisfactory. What if there was a problem with Windows on you PC and Microsoft said well just reinstall the older version?

BTW I received many emails nagging me to upgrade to .591

Barry
    05-21-10 08:53 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD