I know the leaks are out there but I'm going to wait until it's officially available from Verizon or on Desktop Manager before I install it.

Anyone heard a date?

I'm still running 4.7.1.53 right now.
    11-09-09 09:20 PM
    Hopefully soon. Because I cant wait for this, and I'm a little scared on trying to instal the leak.
    11-09-09 09:21 PM
    I can tell you that it will not be out in 5 minutes. I can tell you it will be released when it is ready and tested fully to the satisfaction if VZW. Keep a watch here at CB. When it is about to happen, I am sure the rumors will flying.
    Last edited by lastraid; 11-09-09 at 09:35 PM.
    11-09-09 09:24 PM
    Thanks. Like Seven, I am hesitant to install the leak, so I'll just wait for the official version.
    11-09-09 09:28 PM
    If you want speculation, search the forum, you'll get plenty of theories. If you want the truth, it's that no one has an answer. In my opinion, the most logical answer considering the Storm has 5.0 now that the Storm2 was released, is that the Tour will get the official update when the Essex (Tour2) comes out.
    11-09-09 09:28 PM
    I have to agree with willy. 5.0 is coming, people, just be patient! There just isn't a sufficient amount of deficiency in 4.7 - as a whole in the customer base - for VZW to rush the release of a new OS just so its 9630 users have something new to play with.

The funny thing is that once 5.0 is officially released, some hack will start complaining about it immediately, igniting the new wave of complaints by the nitpickers who idealize the "perfect" OS.

No matter the provider, the phone manufacturer (including, but not limited to the site and date of assembly), the operating system, or the patience of the user, nothing is going to please all of the people. Some phones, no matter the technology, will have issues. It is a perfectly imperfect system.

Seriously, how many of you are willing to give up your Crackberry over OS issues?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD