Hey,
    I installed DM6 and the OS.
    I usually know how to do this i deleted the vendor file it found the os but when connecting to boot rom i get the fatal error. I tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling still no luck. I tried using apploader.exe and I got this error.
    Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]

I tried re downloading the OS, Same problem.

Pleae help. Thanks
    01-26-09 11:50 PM
    Check out my signature, be sure to follow that upgrade procedure.
    01-27-09 12:39 AM
    Hey,
    I installed DM6 and the OS.
    I usually know how to do this i deleted the vendor file it found the os but when connecting to boot rom i get the fatal error. I tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling still no luck. I tried using apploader.exe and I got this error.
    Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]

I tried re downloading the OS, Same problem.

Pleae help. Thanks
    Thats exactly why ill be waiting on the official release
    01-27-09 08:52 AM
    What Windows environment are you running? I'm on a Mac and am running VMWare and lately I constantly get that error when trying to do an OS upgrade. I have to use a Windows PC or boot into Windows using Boot Camp.
    01-27-09 10:33 AM
    its happening to me also. i'm trying to install .144 on my 8900 using dm4.7. it doesnt do any harm to my blackberry it just reboots. i keep getting the fatal update error.
    02-05-09 01:43 AM
    This may help if apploader isn't seeing your device. You can also give crackmem a whirl, select the OS you want to load on the left, then click one the wipe my berry. When you enter. Brickmyberry, it should start the OS load. Make sure you select the apps you want installed from the OS list. Your can then restore from your back up file. Good luck.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 03:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD