whenever i download a new operating system , it asks me to save file or cancle

When I click Save File, does anyone know where it goes? ( i use windows XP)
    01-07-10 09:27 AM
    whenever i download a new operating system , it asks me to save file or cancle

When I click Save File, does anyone know where it goes? ( i use windows XP)
    It goes wherever you tell it to go with the "Save In" menu. When you click on a file; any file, it gives you the "Save In" menu at the bottom of the Save window.

Since you are not very familiar with PC's, I would suggest that you download it to your desktop. That way it will be easy to find. Your desktop is what you see on your screen when there aren't any programs open and you are looking at your wallpaper and icons.

When it is finished downloading, double click it and it will install to a default folder on your PC. If it is an official OS, then connect your BB to your PC and open up Desktop Manager. It will look in the default folder for a new OS. When it finds it, it will notice that it is a newer OS than the one that is currently on your BB and offer you the option to upgrade your BB OS right from Desktop Manager.

**Disclaimer**
    These are not exhaustive instructions on installing your OS. If that is what you are after, and you haven't found it yet, then you haven't looked. However, if you are simply wondering how to save a file to your PC, then this should help.

Posted from my 9630 at
    wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by TravellingFool; 01-07-10 at 10:30 AM.
    01-07-10 09:55 AM
    All right , will put it on my Desktop from now, but when I clicked on Save File, I had no option to save it in a particular place
    01-07-10 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD