Hey guys, I got BB Protect installed and set to backup daily. What time of day does it actually backup? Or is it a random time and/or different time each day? I just don't want to be in the middle of a phone call or something important when my BB is trying to backup...
    04-19-11 03:05 AM
    According to the product description,
    it will backup only contacts, agenda, memos, tasks,
    Bookmarks and messages.
    So no 3th app data!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 04:04 AM
    Thanks... but my question was in regards to when, not what...
    04-19-11 10:34 AM
    it does this when your phone is not active, so it might change as if you are on a phone call it will wait.

Backup options - User Guide - BlackBerry Protect - 1.0
    JR A likes this.
    04-19-11 10:37 AM
    Thanks! I guess it's random throughout the day (I have it set to daily)...
    04-19-11 11:17 AM
    Mine has been creeping up ealier each day.
    When 1st installed is was 1 am.
    Now I at 2pm.

So if I set it to WiFi only, does it keep trying (using up battery) until wifi connects or does it attempt only if wifi is connected?

TIA
    04-19-11 10:08 PM
    Hey guys, I got BB Protect installed and set to backup daily. What time of day does it actually backup? Or is it a random time and/or different time each day? I just don't want to be in the middle of a phone call or something important when my BB is trying to backup...
    I came across this and your thread tonight.

BlackBerry� Protect can be used to automatically back up BlackBerry smartphone data daily, weekly, or monthly. When automatic backups are enabled, BlackBerry Protect will back up BlackBerry smartphone data at the specified frequency. This will occurwhen the BlackBerry� smartphone is connected to either a wireless or WiFi network (depending on the settings selected), and not in use. If the Blackberry smartphone is turned off or not connected to the wireless network when a backup is due, BlackBerry Protect will back up BlackBerry smartphone data the next time the BlackBerry smartphone is turned on and connected.

While BlackBerry Protect is backing up BlackBerry smartphone data, the BlackBerry smartphone can be used as normal. BlackBerry Protect pauses the backup process when the BlackBerry smartphone is in use, and automatically finishes backing up BlackBerry smartphone data when the BlackBerry smartphone is idle.
    07-21-12 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD