Hello,

Since I upgraded my Tour to .419 leaked, I never been able to type correctly, if it is being charged !!

If I typed, "handkerchief", it would just type "hadkrchef" or perhaps "hndkecef" or anything else.

I would always missed something, as in if your BB's keyboard is damaged. Unless if I pressed each of the keyboard deeply and slowly, then I wouldnt experience this.

I guess I am not alone
    01-20-10 05:20 AM
    I have no experienced anything like that. I've been using a hybrid since early January on my Verizon Tour. Coincidence?

First, with the phone ON, pull the battery out for 40 seconds and see if that cures it.

I guess you have a choice or two. Go back to your former OS and see if that fixes it. That would be a test.

Good luck.
    01-20-10 08:47 AM
    I would say take the phone to Verizon and have them replace it before the problem gets worse.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 04:50 PM
    I have no experienced anything like that. I've been using a hybrid since early January on my Verizon Tour. Coincidence?

First, with the phone ON, pull the battery out for 40 seconds and see if that cures it.

I guess you have a choice or two. Go back to your former OS and see if that fixes it. That would be a test.

Good luck.
    Are you using hybrid of .419 ? I've used hybrids from irtehun before and never experienced anything like that too. This has just appeared when I use .419 (non-hybrid)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 07:43 AM
    I agree try doing a battery pull, that usually fixes minor problems if it presists u can always take it to the techs for ur provider and they should be able to help u there if not they might just swap it out for a new one.
    01-28-10 01:39 PM
    I agree try doing a battery pull, that usually fixes minor problems if it presists u can always take it to the techs for ur provider and they should be able to help u there if not they might just swap it out for a new one.
    of course I had done battery pulls... thousands of it.. and this problem still persists...

so I guess I am the only one with tour .419 experiencing this issue?
    02-01-10 08:22 AM
    Check your "Keyboard Rate".

When I upgraded to .419 I started having the same kind of issues. Double letters, unwanted CAPS, unwanted punctuation. Just weird stuff. Then I read a thread about somebody having issues along the same lines with SMS, and in it someone mentioned keyboard rate. So I checked mine and it was set at Medium Fast. Dropping it down to Normal seems to have corrected the issues. I do not experience anything more than fat finger syndrome now. Nothing random.

Good Luck . . .
    02-01-10 02:12 PM
    I changed mine from 'normal' to 'medium fast' and the problem seems solved !!
    thanks buddy!
    02-03-10 02:01 AM
    I changed mine from 'normal' to 'medium fast' and the problem seems solved !!
    thanks buddy!
    My pleasure. I have gotten so much assistance from these forums with various issues and questions, it is nice to be able to "pay it forward" for once.
    02-05-10 08:55 AM
    How Do You Change The Keyboard Rate ?
    08-02-10 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD