I have my Blackberry Tour 9630 set to have a RINGTONE while in holster, but It does not do it. I have all set correctly, any ideas why I get no ringtone while in holster, I also set it to VIBRATE while in Holdster also?
    01-09-10 01:20 PM
    AHhh apparently you have to make sure the phone is placed upside down in the holster - and no one at Tech support at Sprint/Nextel was aware of this! DARN! But once I did that the phone now rings while in holster.. go figure..
    01-09-10 02:48 PM
    AHhh apparently you have to make sure the phone is placed upside down in the holster - and no one at Tech support at Sprint/Nextel was aware of this! DARN! But once I did that the phone now rings while in holster.. go figure..
    LOL that sounds about right. Don't ya just love it when tech support knows less than the owner/consumer? Welcome to crackberry!
    01-09-10 03:01 PM
    make me wonder why I'm not an employee of Sprint... LOL!
    01-09-10 05:11 PM
    Where did you hear that?

Sounds like horse**** to me. I never put my phone in upside down and all the notifications worked correctly.
    01-09-10 09:54 PM
    Does it ring and vibrate when it's NOT in the holster?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 10:44 PM
    Where did you hear that?

Sounds like horse**** to me. I never put my phone in upside down and all the notifications worked correctly.

Well mine ringtones do not work when placed in HOLSTER right side up, placed upside down they do work.
    01-10-10 03:55 PM
    When you go to edit your profiles, there is an option for "Play Sound:" and a drop-down box that give you the options for:

1. In Holster
    2. Out of Holster
    3. Always

Of course the first two pay only under those conditions and the third one plays regardless of being in the holster.

01-10-10 08:01 PM
    Yes, I know that, all my set ups are correct, but the SMS Text and Email ringtones will not ring if the phone is placed in the holster right side up, then I contacted SPRINT support, the answer after going through all the setups were re-install the software or take the phone back. I then searched the internet and someone said they had the same problem, then the placed the phone upside down in the HOLSTER(and this is the holster that came with the phone) once I did that, the ringtones worked.
    01-10-10 08:16 PM
    Yes, I know that, all my set ups are correct, but the SMS Text and Email ringtones will not ring if the phone is placed in the holster right side up, then I contacted SPRINT support, the answer after going through all the setups were re-install the software or take the phone back. I then searched the internet and someone said they had the same problem, then the placed the phone upside down in the HOLSTER(and this is the holster that came with the phone) once I did that, the ringtones worked.
    I have the same problem with a Verizon Tour & I did take mine back & got a brand new one which does the same thing! Putting the phone in upside down only band aids the problem because it doesn't activate the magnetic contacts but that leaves the phone on so you can possibly dial someone without knowing it while it's in the holster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 04:47 PM
    Mine worked fine in my old holster but the magnet went out and I bot a new BB holster and now it won't ring when in Holster. It does vibrate but not ring. My settings are fine.

03-17-13 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD