Hey

So I have whatsapp version 2.11.410 on my 9790 (os7). I received a few voice messages yesterday and now that whatsapp downloads them automatically I was able to click and play them. Does any one know where they're saved on the blackberry? I can't find them anywhere

In older versions of whatsapp they'd save in my voicenotes folder but I can't find them there now.

Any ideas?
    11-26-13 10:25 AM
    Go to file manager and access the voice section, you'll see them there.

Posted via my Q10 from T- Mobile�BlackBerry Pin:�2AF236F5 Twitter: BBRY_Addict83 Instagram: BBRY_Addict83
    11-26-13 10:28 AM
    Hi

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't have a file manager section but I've looked in "Media" under "Voice notes" (where they used to be saved) and they're not there
    11-26-13 10:38 AM
    If you're on bb10 there is an app called file manager, it is preloaded on ur BlackBerry device. (check the first icon in the second row of the screen cap). That's where you should go and check voice.

Whatsapp received voice messages, where are they saved?-img_20132153.png

Posted via my Q10 from T- Mobile�BlackBerry Pin:�2AF236F5 Twitter: BBRY_Addict83 Instagram: BBRY_Addict83
    11-26-13 01:32 PM
    Hey

So I have whatsapp version 2.11.410 on my 9790 (os7). I received a few voice messages yesterday and now that whatsapp downloads them automatically I was able to click and play them. Does any one know where they're saved on the blackberry? I can't find them anywhere

In older versions of whatsapp they'd save in my voicenotes folder but I can't find them there now.

Any ideas?
    Try your downloads folder...

If they're not there, type AMR in universal search... Voice Notes always have AMR in the file name (if I remember correctly).. You should find them that way (I always used Universal Search for everything on OS7, never use it on the Z)...

Also check if permission for shared files is allowed.. It could be that you can open them from the app, but they are not downloaded to your device...

From the Z...
    11-26-13 02:01 PM
    If you're on bb10 there is an app called file manager, it is preloaded on ur BlackBerry device. (check the first icon in the second row of the screen cap). That's where you should go and check voice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20132153.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	961.3 KB 
ID:	224465

OP is on OS7.. They don't have a file manager, only an all files folder... Don't know how I lived with that for years...

From the Z...
    11-26-13 02:03 PM
    They're still saved in the same Voice Notes directory as before. However, the files are now all set to be hidden. This is because they're not all AMR files, and thus we really did not want them showing up in the Music app. If you go there in the File manager, press the BlackBerry button and select "Show hidden", you will find them.
    11-26-13 03:45 PM
    They're still saved in the same Voice Notes directory as before. However, the files are now all set to be hidden. This is because they're not all AMR files, and thus we really did not want them showing up in the Music app. If you go there in the File manager, press the BlackBerry button and select "Show hidden", you will find them.
    That's good thinking.. I remember having to scroll through a lot of AMR's when trying to find a normal mp3...

From the Z...
    11-26-13 05:28 PM
    Thanks everyone! I see them now I've selected show hidden. Also, thanks for the universal search tip, I don't use that enough.

11-26-13 06:43 PM
    I tried to look in File manager and used the 'show hidden' and I still couldn't find the voicenotes outside of Whatsapp...Video notes and photographs are fine, it's just audio. My phone is a 9320 Curve and used to save the voicenotes I sent, now it doesn't do that. Is the problem my phone?

Thanks in advance
    12-03-13 09:08 PM
    I tried to look in File manager and used the 'show hidden' and I still couldn't find the voicenotes outside of Whatsapp...Video notes and photographs are fine, it's just audio. My phone is a 9320 Curve and used to save the voicenotes I sent, now it doesn't do that. Is the problem my phone?

Thanks in advance
    Did you check permissions? It click be that you don't allow them to be saved on your device.

Z
    12-05-13 03:44 AM
    Is there any way to have my voice-notes not be hidden when they are saved? It's so long having to search through all those hidden messages to find important voice-notes
    02-21-14 02:09 PM