It's pretty obvious that Blackberry's App World needs some major work. I've been under the assumption that it's new and will get better over time but it hasn't. Does anyone know what's going on or if RIM ever plans on updating it?
    09-12-10 10:25 AM
    I don't know. I try to do everything using the built-in apps. however I know that's not always possible. Some people prefer using the MobiHand website. I'm going to take a look at MobiHand today.
    09-12-10 11:02 AM
    App World has been around for a while. RIM actually did upgrade it last month. The current version is less buggy than prior versions.

I still prefer the CrackBerry App Store, however.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-12-10 11:18 AM
    ...Some people prefer using the MobiHand website. I'm going to take a look at MobiHand today.
    Mobihand also have download app for the bb (just like BB Apps) - I found mostly same apps but cheaper so I haven't used BB appworld since
    09-13-10 03:02 AM
    I regret purchasing some items on App world, since now I can't really delete the app if I want to stay up to date with my purchased apps.
    For future apps, I go to Mobihand now.
    09-13-10 03:23 AM
    I regret purchasing some items on App world, since now I can't really delete the app if I want to stay up to date with my purchased apps.
    For future apps, I go to Mobihand now.
    The list of uninstalled apps, is a history of some sort, stored online on RIM's servers. It simply reflects in App World when signed into My World.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-10 10:10 AM
    I just got app world updated to version 2.0 on my storm 2 at midnight last night.

09-13-10 10:38 AM
    The list of uninstalled apps, is a history of some sort, stored online on RIM's servers. It simply reflects in App World when signed into My World.

Oh, no. What I meant was I have installed apps from App World.
    App World alerts me when there are updates for any of those installed apps.
    If I deleted App World, I wouldn't be able to get those auto alerts anymore.
    09-13-10 11:41 AM
    I have had no problems lately with App World. I prefer to buy my apps from App World than from Mobi hand. When I first upgraded to App World 2.0 I had some problems, but those have gone away and it has been working great.
    09-13-10 12:35 PM
    I use either Mobihand or BB app world. App world has gotten better with the last update. But I was really looking forward to carrier billing, guess ill have to wait and see whats down the road.
    09-13-10 02:37 PM
    I emailed BB App World support yesterday (couldn't install an app) and it was bounced back - reason -'mail box full'
    09-14-10 03:07 AM
    APP world on my 9550 is completely f@cked up. The newest version gets stuck in a feedback loop between migrating my old apps, paypal authentication, and "saving changes." I can't even download the free ebay app. I deleted app world, reinstalled, and the problem has persisted for weeks.

Having the simplest of tasks become such problems is why people are leaving this platform
    09-16-10 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD