Do y'all really not understand the concept of widgets? Theme /= widgets...
    I know it's not the same thing but it sort of serves the same end purpose, information available to view on the homescreen without having to click on anything, new sms, emails, bbms, ims etc calendars, weather etc information available at a glance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-11 01:15 PM
    BB is good, for me where the current BB OS fails is:

- The browsing experience (No flash)
    - Lack of graphical power for games and apps like other OS have
    - The app World is rubbish compared to Android Market and App Store (Everyone should agree with this)

I see BB being a big player in the future for people who want the above, but current generation is hitting all the marks people want.
    I really don't consider these failures of BB. Flash is Adobe's. Its up to them to make it for rim. Think of all the websites that blackberry users goes to. Matter of speaking android phones is the only ones that have flash. I never hear anybody say the platforms are fsiled cause they don't have flash. I would think that web devs. Will start creating mobile sites and create them w/ out haveing to have flash. Where would that leave adope's flash.
    When you build a pc you start by decideing what the pc is going to be used for. Then you build it to spec. So bb built the phone to spec. To send data. Its not a psp.
    True itunes and app store has 100s of 1000s of apps. Go browse them. There 1000s of junk and useless junk.

04-04-11 01:18 PM
    Moved the thread to the 6.0 OS Forum. I GUESS we mean OS 6.0?
    04-04-11 01:29 PM
    I know it's not the same thing but it sort of serves the same end purpose, information available to view on the homescreen without having to click on anything, new sms, emails, bbms, ims etc calendars, weather etc information available at a glance.

Not just view. You can also interact w/ several widgets w/o clicking into the app or leaving your home screen. For example, w/ my calendar widget I can scroll through my appointments up til about late May. With my map widget, I don't have it set to refresh automatically that often, but I can refresh it from the home screen (came in very handy in the severe weather we had last night in Kansas City). With my media player widget I can start my music in one click & scroll through my music w/o leaving the home screen. With my power widget I can toggle screen brightness, wifi, gps, & bluetooth. With my twitter widget I can scroll through tweets. Again, all of this is w/o leaving the home screen or clicking into apps, & these are just examples of widgets that I personally use.
    Chrisy and howarmat like this.
    04-04-11 01:30 PM
    Wow I guess this has gone places lol.

Seems like we all want different things and the sooner we except that and except that there isn't anything wrong with it that we would get a long a lot better.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-04-11 05:03 PM
    Wow I guess this has gone places lol.

Seems like we all want different things and the sooner we except that and except that there isn't anything wrong with it that we would get a long a lot better.
    Not to go all Grammar Nazi here.... But I'm pretty sure you mean "accept."

As for BBOS, it's a matter of opinion. BBOS does many things just fine, such as battery life, which is why some people have no desire to upgrade to an Android smartphone which lacks in that area. I personally would prefer an Android device or an iPhone right now, but some people will continue to purchase BlackBerries and it's absolutely fine. We're all old enough to determine what type of smartphone we purchase without getting into drawn out arguments on a forum.

BBOS may lack in some areas such as Web Browsing, but to some people it doesn't matter. I spend a lot of time Web Browsing, so 4G and a faster browser would be a huge improvement to my OS 5 Curve. But some people use it for emails and such, which the BB does excellently. (Aside from when emails get truncated. That's always a pain.)
    04-04-11 09:37 PM
    I have a BB and I don't need Desktop to update contacts or my calendar???
    To sync, backup, restore and switch decives you do. You can't go on a PC and edit your contacts. When your device crashes and wipes all data (as my Tour did three times), or when you switch devices you must use DM.

It's just a personal preference that I like OTA more. Mostlybecause I don't have a computer.

But I always found DM to be a pain. Manually doing a backup and restore. Apps aren't backed up (yes, I know the "work around for that).
    04-05-11 07:45 AM
    I think she means 200 plus the monthly payments not buying outright the phone for 200
    Either way, vga is exagerating, blackberry takes much better photos then that.

I thought my Tour took fine pictures. I meant sending them via BBM in low quality. That's what I didn't like, and why I sent via email. But my BlackBerry can't sent the quality of pics and video that I take on my Tbolt. Nor could it receive them.
    04-05-11 07:48 AM
    To sync, backup, restore and switch decives you do. You can't go on a PC and edit your contacts. When your device crashes and wipes all data (as my Tour did three times), or when you switch devices you must use DM.

It's just a personal preference that I like OTA more. Mostlybecause I don't have a computer.

But I always found DM to be a pain. Manually doing a backup and restore. Apps aren't backed up (yes, I know the "work around for that).
    Blackberry Protect now takes care of this, it can restore after a wipe or restore to a new device, it only takes a few seconds too, it's very fast at backing up and restoring.
    It backs up: contacts, calendars, tasks, memos, browser bookmarks, text messages
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 04-05-11 at 08:26 AM.
    04-05-11 08:09 AM
    I thought my Tour took fine pictures. I meant sending them via BBM in low quality. That's what I didn't like, and why I sent via email. But my BlackBerry can't sent the quality of pics and video that I take on my Tbolt. Nor could it receive them.
    But BBM can send them at the full quality, I'm not sure why you think it can't. I see your point about videos but it really doesn't apply to photos, are your photos bigger then 6mp?
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 04-05-11 at 08:24 AM.
    04-05-11 08:10 AM
    True itunes and app store has 100s of 1000s of apps. Go browse them. There 1000s of junk and useless junk.
    Amount of apps is meaningless, since no one is ever going to get all those apps. But the qaulity of the better apps is much more impressive.

A good example is Angry Birds vs Angry Farm, both do the same, but birds is a much better application and the current generation of BBs can handle it. Saying that I see big things in RIMs future.
    04-06-11 11:52 AM
    I not going to go all "Tech" about the OS. Suffice to say, that the Blackberry OS is slow at best and moody. The desktop application is archaic and i keep waiting for the thing to go all blue-screen on me. I can not tell you how many times your average every day Blackberry user has to pull the battery out to reboot so that they can use their "new" latest and greatest BB Torch. I understand loyalty, but let's call a spade a spade.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my Blackberry, but the processor, etc. is antiquated by the time it hit's the market and the OS ... don't even get me started again. This should not be beta software?
    04-18-11 10:04 PM
    I not going to go all "Tech" about the OS. Suffice to say, that the Blackberry OS is slow at best and moody. The desktop application is archaic and i keep waiting for the thing to go all blue-screen on me. I can not tell you how many times your average every day Blackberry user has to pull the battery out to reboot so that they can use their "new" latest and greatest BB Torch. I understand loyalty, but let's call a spade a spade.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my Blackberry, but the processor, etc. is antiquated by the time it hit's the market and the OS ... don't even get me started again. This should not be beta software?
    I'll get all techi, and say maybe your browser sucks, but willing to push the envelope, and do better.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/ki...7/#post6237687
    04-18-11 11:45 PM
    I'll get all techi, and say maybe your browser sucks, but willing to push the envelope, and do better.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/ki...7/#post6237687
    Lol. Also, Nothing wrong with a good pull.....of the battery. What do we know......you're an average user too!!!

Last edited by Blacklatino; 04-28-11 at 10:19 AM.
    04-19-11 11:48 PM
    I have owned multiple models of all 3 and currently have the HTC one and new black berry bold (wife has the iPhone 5). The bb operating system seems like it's 5 years old. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of the difference is you can pick up an iphone or Android and use it. I can't tell you how many times I have to Google how to turn off a simple option or change some setting on the bb (there is an infinite number of forums with the same questions so I can't be the only one). Someone made a comment about people not wanting to learn and having unrealistic expectations. Unfortunately for blackberry, intuitive, efficient, visually pleasing operating systems are not unrealistic but have become the norm.(a simple but powerful example: on a bb you have to define the wireless security type when logging onto wife, are you kidding me? I didn't know they made devices that still required this). Also the Android and IPhone have learning features which continually improve your experience and make your use more efficient. BlackBerry simply has a bunch of on/off options stored in the least intuitive locations I could think of. It's like a group of executives said. "here are the features I want." sent the list to India and bam , an OS was delivered 3 weeks later. No innovation, no dynamic features, nothing creative, fun or visually pleasing. I just don't get it.
    My preference is definitely the Android as I view it as an iPhone with freedom (not always a good thing for some users) but when comparing the 3 OSs the blackberry is eons behind. I can't figure out how they are still in business. Must be the big business/government legacy users that see the change as too expensive or difficult. The only argument I kind of got was security but if you look into the iPhone OS security I don't see an advantage to the bb. In recent years have you ever heard of a person switching from an iphone or Android to a blackberry if they had a choice (rhetorical question. - if you can think of that one person it is the exception not the rule). Clearly by the comments everyone is making most of you are legacy users with little experience on other phones. Now let's flip my question around and think of how many people that migrated away from the bb. Apple and Samsung aren't making billions because people like the look of their phones
    05-03-13 11:22 PM
    Did you realize this is a 2 year old thread????
    05-04-13 03:30 AM
166 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD