I find it amazing that you seem to know my family, and what they want, more than I.

Interesting. Here I thought I was very close to them. I'll let them know that you and I discussed it and that you made their wishes clear. Thanks!

As you stated, "that's just [you]." I have pictures of my family all around my house. Not VGA quality either.

These high quality pictures and videos don't take hours to view or download. Maybe on a Blackberry they do, if they even get through. That's one advantage to having a phone that can handle media and communications.
    Lol Chrisy, just joking, or "winding you up" as they say around here.
    But do a test, go to your dad's computer and see how many of the pictures you sent him has he saved lol.
    Nobody's talking VGA here tho, blackberry's take pretty good quality pictures and I haven't even tried a Torch or 9780 yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-11 02:21 PM
    Sent from your Thunderbolt at fake 4G speeds you mean? There's no real 4G yet, not even LTE

If you haven't experienced the speeds of HSPA+, WiMax, or LTE, you don't have a leg to stand on. All of theses 4th gen networks are blazing fast. They may not meet the international 4G speed requirement, but they are 4th gen here in the US and leaps and bounds faster than 3G.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-03-11 02:25 PM
    I just visited my dad in Pennsylvania March 10-18th. He went with me when I bought my Android. He had me send him test pictures to see the quality. He seemed excited. I suppose he could have been lying. He probably just puts up that wall of pictures of my brother and me when I visit. You're right! I'm never speaking to him again!

Lol. I'm just glad I can now send and receive videos and good pics. I uploaded a YouTube video today that I could never do with Blackberry.

It's cool. I won't tell your sister you delete all the pics of her baby she sends you.
    K Bear likes this.
    04-03-11 02:28 PM
    I just visited my dad in Pennsylvania March 10-18th. He went with me when I bought my Android. He had me send him test pictures to see the quality. He seemed excited. I suppose he could have been lying. He probably just puts up that wall of pictures of my brother and me when I visit. You're right! I'm never speaking to him again!

Lol. I'm just glad I can now send and receive videos and good pics. I uploaded a YouTube video today that I could never do with Blackberry.

It's cool. I won't tell your sister you delete all the pics of her baby you send.
    OS6 has an option to upload to youtube built in, also did you have a 3.5mp camera blackberry? Don't judge blackberry on older models, it's the usual Android thing. Try taking pictures with a 9780 or Style or Torch, but to be honest, the 9700 is good enough to view on full screen on a computer.

If anything a blackberry is very very good at taking candid pictures. I did manage once to take two pictures of a passing google view car and an android powered friend just about managed to shoot the back of it even tho it was his idea to do it in the first place.

But seriously, once you bring up 2-3 kids last thing you want to do is look at other people's kids lol, it's a fact. There was a thing about it on Family Guy the other day lol, look at my kids, look at my kids lol
    And there's the ones with the ugly kids asking the dreaded question, "aren't they beautiful?" Lol.

04-03-11 02:37 PM
    Moving on; RIM doesn't provide free audible turn by turn directions application. Blackberry Maps is pretty weak.

That sucks!
    04-03-11 02:39 PM
    OS6 has an option to upload to youtube built in, also did you have a 3.5mp camera blackberry? Don't judge blackberry on older models, it's the usual Android thing. Try taking pictures with a 9780 or Style or Torch, but to be honest, the 9700 is good enough to view on full screen on a computer.

If anything a blackberry is very very good at taking candid pictures. I did manage once to take two pictures of a passing google view car and an android powered friend just about managed to shoot the back of it even tho it was his idea to do it in the first place.

But seriously, once you bring up 2-3 kids last thing you want to do is look at other people's kids lol, it's a fact. There was a thing about it on Family Guy the other day lol, look at my kids, look at my kids lol
    And there's the ones with the ugly kids asking the dreaded question, "aren't they beautiful?" Lol.

I don't have kids. I guess you're right. Blackberry phones are for jaded soccer moms! Ha

Did you see the Seinfeld where they had a "must lie situation" when visiting a friends ugly baby?
    Last edited by chrisy520; 04-03-11 at 02:43 PM.
    04-03-11 02:41 PM
    More like it'll take RIM 2-4 years to release 4G devices.
    Why do you think that? It didnt take them any longer to put out 3g phones.

04-03-11 02:41 PM
    I don't have kids. I guess you're right. Blackberry phones are for jaded soccer moms! Ha

Did you see the Seinfeld where they had a "must lie situation" when visiting a friends ugly baby?
    Lol, I can't remember, I must look it up

04-03-11 02:45 PM

C'mom, dude. Even Blackberry fan boys admit RIM is 1-1.5 years behind current technology. It's ok to admit it, even healthy.
    04-03-11 02:46 PM

I get it now. Android is ... breathtaking!
    Chrisy and Machzy like this.
    04-03-11 02:47 PM

It's cool. I won't tell your sister you delete all the pics of her baby she sends you.
    He's a dad. Us dads are supposed to be just as excited about whatever our kids are excited about.

No matter how trivial they are.
    04-03-11 02:48 PM
    Moving on; RIM doesn't provide free audible turn by turn directions application. Blackberry Maps is pretty weak.

That sucks!
    So blackberry OS sucks because Android came along and offered free turn by turn navigation?
    Blackberry Maps might be pretty week by today's standards but it's very very data efficient. I roamed on google maps for blackberry for 1.5 hours last month and it cost me �8 for the privilege, never again.

04-03-11 02:49 PM
    I get it now. Android is ... breathtaking!
    LOL! Yes! Sometimes you say things like that just to be polite.
    04-03-11 02:49 PM
    RIM > apple
    RIM > android
    QNX > apple+android

total win

oh and did i mention RIM > all ?
    now i feel like im on the same level as you, android-fanboy : p
    04-03-11 02:50 PM

That sucks!
    Nope but Sprint does And also google maps app is much improved to!
    Last edited by Slammer; 04-03-11 at 02:58 PM.
    04-03-11 02:51 PM

The Evo is not even true 4g!
    04-03-11 02:52 PM
    Yes, that's correct. Blackberry offerings, or lack thereof, help make the Blackberry experience suck. Why not try to stay competitive? Why not add audible turn by turn to Blackberry Maps by now?

I can't speak to your roaming and costs. Where the.heck are you!?
    Northern Ireland but this applies to most of western europe, less then an hour drive has you roaming and without borders anymore it's pretty easy. Either way, Google Maps is a data hog. Ever tried it on slow gprs?

04-03-11 03:06 PM
    "What makes the bb OS suck?"

1. Users who don't do their homework.
    2. Users who don't take the time to try to learn how the device works.
    3. Users with unrealistic expectations.
    4. Users who have short attention spans.
    This guy has got it spot on!!!!!! This is what I'm always saying!!
    04-03-11 03:52 PM
    The Blackberry OS was created for a specific type of person. I don't care for music and will only watch movies on a 14-inch screen or larger so I don't need high quality sound. If you are interested in are business uses the BB is a good phone for you.
    As Motercycle Mama said in in her post, you should take the time to research a phone before you buy it, and not just assume that it is what you want or you may be disappointed with that phone's performance and will disparrage that phone because it will not do what you assumed it would. Also, take the time to learn about your phone and how to get to work best to your liking.
    04-03-11 04:19 PM
    Any more of this juvenile personal attacking will soon result in this thread being closed.

It is WAAAAY of topic now.

Get it back on subject or that's it. I said this in my earlier post and I'll do it if I have to.

Thanks guys - really.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-03-11 04:22 PM
    To put it simply.. the BlackBerry OS sucks to those who have higher expectations for it's usage.

"BlackBerry can't do this...."
    "BlackBerry can't do that...."

Maybe I don't want it to do the things it can't. I like it just the way it is.. for all the things it can't do, I have other devices that can. Is it a great messaging an email device? Yes.. It is. Is it a great media device? Sure as heck is not.. but I don't want it to be. I didn't buy it to watch videos on and if you did, then you bought a BlackBerry for the wrong reasons.

If you want something to be what it is not, then obviously BlackBerry isn't for you. Move on to something that does provide the things you want if they are so great instead of complaining about what sucks on something you continue to use. Personally, I have a Nexus S, Nexus One, Desire HD, Atrix and an iPhone 4 to fill any void BlackBerry leaves me with. Yet, none of those devices match the messaging abilities on a BlackBerry for me.
    Culex316 and BlackBerry Guy like this.
    04-03-11 04:26 PM
    thats a lot of phones !

i bet QNX phones will be capable of doing everything ur other phones can do, you'll be fine with only using that then
    04-03-11 04:35 PM
    Agreed Bla1ze... I just don't get after moving on why keep the BB bashing over and over every chance u get??
    04-03-11 04:41 PM
    thats a lot of phones !

i bet QNX phones will be capable of doing everything ur other phones can do, you'll be fine with only using that then
    Hopefully, but realistically.. I don't ever see one phone being top. Every device has strengths and weaknesses.. just depends on the users needs. This why I find all this "my phone is better" crap so lame all the time.

What one OS does great at, another will miserably at so there is no "better" or "best" OS. Just all breaks down to end users needs and what OS works best for them.

No fanbois are ever gonna change that plain and simple fact.
    04-03-11 04:43 PM
    Agreed Bla1ze... I just don't get after moving on why keep the BB bashing over and over every chance u get??
    Some of it is bashing.. the rest of it is misdirected anger because you know what, chances are they really wanted to stay with BlackBerry. But the stuff it couldn't do, outweighed the stuff it could so justifying the change often to other trolls comes off as bashing.

Not to mention some of it just a placebo effect.. "Hey look what I can do... I can stream movies on my 4.3" display and download at 12MBs" Too bad the battery life is pretty much non- existent and you need a car to charge your device with.

And just in case anyone wants to call me out and say I'm a BB fanboi, I should note I also write for Android Central and have written articles for TiPB in the past as well, appeared on their podcast for both iPad and iPhone.
    04-03-11 04:50 PM
166 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD