If you've checked all you SMS,MMS,Email folders then try this

Go To Messages>view folders
    Check Browser Messages and Wap Browser messages
    12-06-09 05:12 PM
    Ive come across a multi colored envelope on my bb storm. it has the red asterisk in the upper right corner. I tried searching on here but didnt come across anything. i tried unhiding all my icons but nothing worked. its right under the time and day/date in portrait mode.

thanks for any help.
    Try going to the Messages folder and selecting "U" for any unread message...
    12-08-09 11:10 PM
    Ive come across a multi colored envelope on my bb storm. it has the red asterisk in the upper right corner. I tried searching on here but didnt come across anything. i tried unhiding all my icons but nothing worked. its right under the time and day/date in portrait mode.

thanks for any help.
    It sounds like the eBay app...
    12-08-09 11:18 PM
    After reading your reply I was finally able to get rid of the circle.

So I found it today it means there is an update for one of the apps. So basically you get two indicators for it. The thing is if you do the update without checking the message it will not clear the indicator. The reason why you probably didn't see it is because you probably have your sms and emails seperate from the actual messages. When I went and looked at the messages and scrolled down through all the texts and stuff I found it on there so I guess I will need to check that once in awhile.
    12-28-09 11:35 PM

thanks for any help.

******That icon is an ebay notification. in my case it meant i won an auction. I don't know how the original setup is anymore but i clicked on my email folder and then on the messages icon. i scrolled down until i found the multi-colored icon message. Then you can go from there. For any unexplained icons go the the messages icon to view the notification.
    I hope this has helped you.*******
    01-11-10 12:23 PM
    Thanks. Very Helpful!
    01-26-10 11:51 PM
    I have only had my BB a week now so still learning. I have an icon that is not in my book nor have I found it anywhere I have looked. It is a 1 next to a blue/white caption box with a red star in top right corner, like something is unread or unopened. I have checked messages and even taken the battery out but it is still there. Any help would be appreciated.
    02-06-10 08:43 AM
    I have only had my BB a week now so still learning. I have an icon that is not in my book nor have I found it anywhere I have looked. It is a 1 next to a blue/white caption box with a red star in top right corner, like something is unread or unopened. I have checked messages and even taken the battery out but it is still there. Any help would be appreciated.
    sounds like a blackberry messenger (BBM) new message indicator.
    02-06-10 10:52 AM
    sounds like a blackberry messenger (BBM) new message indicator.
    That was it. That was stashed away in apps folder and I did not realize it when I checked all the other messages. Thanks Snarfler.
    02-06-10 11:37 AM
    I was rearranging my icons and somehow my alarm clock icon left the screen. I tried the show all and some totally new icons came up but the alarm clock will not come back. please help.
    ps. i also tried changing themes. thank you in advance
    02-09-10 10:52 PM
    I notice a new icon showing up on my BB 8900 phone. I have AT&T as my provider, and this new icon is showing up every time I make or receive a call. The icon is located to the left of "EDGE" and I can describe it as a rectangle with a series of + (plus signs) diagonally placed from top left to lower right corner of the rectangle. What is it?
    thanx
    02-12-10 10:39 PM
    I notice a new icon showing up on my BB 8900 phone. I have AT&T as my provider, and this new icon is showing up every time I make or receive a call. The icon is located to the left of "EDGE" and I can describe it as a rectangle with a series of + (plus signs) diagonally placed from top left to lower right corner of the rectangle. What is it?
    thanx
    it's an enhanced call audio icon, think of it as an equalizer graphic. Top left to bottom right indicates bass boost. Next time you're in a cal, hit the BB button to bring up the menu, look for the enhanced call audio options.
    02-13-10 08:12 AM
    I was rearranging my icons and somehow my alarm clock icon left the screen. I tried the show all and some totally new icons came up but the alarm clock will not come back. please help.
    ps. i also tried changing themes. thank you in advance
    did you move it to a folder?
    02-13-10 08:14 AM
    Cool, thanx Snarfler
    02-13-10 03:08 PM
    I've been looking for a while and can't find any descriptions that match this. It showed up yesterday and i can't figure out what it is. It looks like some sort of message icon but i don't have any new messages.
    02-14-10 01:17 PM
    I have a bb curve 8330 with verizon and a little blue guy showed up in the top middle of the screen with red marks on the right side of his head and on the left there is a # 2. I am sure it means there is some kind of message but all are empty. anyone have any idea? Thanks
    03-12-10 11:14 PM
    A box in the upper left hand corner with a gray stripe going through it. Anyone know how to get rid of this? Thanks.
    05-26-10 03:24 AM
    i dont see no information on the first post, odd.. well anyways i see this icon showing a little "silver box with two holes in it" is this the usb something notifaciton?
    06-01-10 08:48 PM
    Funny Thread lol
    06-01-10 10:03 PM
    Just saw a new symbol in the top right of my screen yesterday while on a call!? It is right above the Speaker symbol and to the left of the volume bars on the screen. It appears to be a rectangle with four diagonal dots from the top right to the bottom left. Any clues?
    07-20-10 02:16 PM
    Just saw a new symbol in the top right of my screen yesterday while on a call!? It is right above the Speaker symbol and to the left of the volume bars on the screen. It appears to be a rectangle with four diagonal dots from the top right to the bottom left. Any clues?
    From BlackBerry Quick Tip: What are these notification icons? | CrackBerry.com

I would guess that this is the Enhanced call audio enabled ...

from the phone app .. press BB button, Options/ Enhanced Audio

KB15902 - View Document
    Last edited by Briard; 07-20-10 at 03:09 PM.
    07-20-10 02:49 PM
    Awesome, many thanks. You are exactly right.
    07-20-10 04:24 PM
    I am having an icon problem, mine is that in the upper right-hand corner of my screen, it constantly says alt in a black box. If you push the left shift button, it changes to 123 in a black box. Also, I can't open up emails, sms/mms texts, contacts, etc. I took my phone into Best Buy almost a month ago now (which is where I bought it) for help, they were able to fix the problem, told me not to run as many applications and to turn it off periodically (which I have been doing) but now I have the same problem again.

Any suggestions?
    08-10-10 11:49 AM
    Nevermind, in pushing buttons last night, I was able to lock my keypad using the A key... when I unlocked it using the button on top, the alt went away.
    08-11-10 08:18 AM
    So I have waited and searched but I cant figure this thing out. I have a yellow phone facing up and to the right with a half arrow pointing at the middle of it. kindof like this"^' but the bottom line is parrellel to the ground and then a forty five degree up and away. it is not a missed call and there is not a call in my call log with the symbol.

any suggestions or places that need specification?
    08-13-10 12:31 AM
220 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD