Hello,

I have a question about my blackberry storm. I have an icon or notice icon on my home screen under my date and time that i have no idea what it is. It looks like a circle with an arrow pointing down with the red astric in the right upper corner. can anyone help?

thanks

*got it figured out......kinda feel dumb but o well got it fixed!!
    Last edited by jfire332002; 08-10-09 at 09:54 PM. Reason: fixed problem
    08-10-09 09:29 PM
    Hello,

I have a question about my blackberry storm. I have an icon or notice icon on my home screen under my date and time that i have no idea what it is. It looks like a circle with an arrow pointing down with the red astric in the right upper corner. can anyone help?

thanks

*got it figured out......kinda feel dumb but o well got it fixed!!
    ................well what is it because i dont know yet.
    08-10-09 11:47 PM
    I have this icon in the top right hand corner of my screen that displays EN in a little quare the same size of when you click shift. I've had my 8900 for a while and I've never seen this. I know it stands for the language selection as English, but how do I get rid of it? It only shows up in text fields, other than that it's not displayed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 02:15 PM
    Ok I have relatively new icon that I don't recognize and maybe I missed it while I was reading this thread (I am tired) but it only shows when I am at a message screen it's a black circle with a down facing arrow and a red star at the top of the circle . It sort of looks like an app update icon but there are no updates available.
    Last edited by Lunchbox700; 08-13-09 at 04:08 PM.
    08-13-09 04:06 PM
    Ok I have relatively new icon that I don't recognize and maybe I missed it while I was reading this thread (I am tired) but it only shows when I am at a message screen it's a black circle with a down facing arrow and a red star at the top of the circle . It sort of looks like an app update icon but there are no updates available.
    Same here. It's a circle with an arrow pointing to the 7 o' clock position from the 1 o' clock. It has a red asterisk next to it but nothing it lit. I thought it was a wireless update for a bbstore update but no dice. A battery pull did not get rid of it.
    08-16-09 12:42 AM
    I cannot view these icon images. Can you please try to resend them. I can't believe they don't have some sort of cheat sheet!!
    08-18-09 09:49 AM
    I can't see the icons as well. Can anyone repost the original post? Anyway, I'm completely new to the BB. I've connected the phone to my PC and I clicked a window which I think is to update the BB. Then the screen turned white with a two icons. One icon looking like the BB and another icon which looks like a PC. Then small arrows in between the BB and the PC both pointing in the opposite direction. It has been in this screen for so an hour now and can't open anything in the desktop manager. My question is can I disconnect my phone from the PC while in this state, or is a software update ongoing and I should wait for it to finish? Thanks!
    08-18-09 11:20 AM
    Im new to this site. I have a joystick icon on my BB Bold. Not sure how it got there, as I never play any games online. I think it's an online game indicator. Does anyone know how to remove that?
    i have the same problem !
    please help ... it is driving me crazy!
    08-24-09 09:17 AM
    i have that too, what is it?
    08-24-09 09:24 AM
    little blue staircase: this freaked me out too but I figured it out. this is the sound enhancement for calls. to change it call your voicemail or someone that wont mind you calling to do this and hit the menu key select enhance call audio and select the one you want the normal one will take the icon away while in calls.
    This site is Great! I'm a newbie and had this staircase icon to pop up on my 8900 yesterday. I went to the store and neither the rep or blackberry support could help with this icon. They were all clueless. I just followed your instructions and now the icon is gone. Thx!!
    08-24-09 10:10 AM
    There is a napplication update available to you.
    08-24-09 03:06 PM
    Same here. It's a circle with an arrow pointing to the 7 o' clock position from the 1 o' clock. It has a red asterisk next to it but nothing it lit. I thought it was a wireless update for a bbstore update but no dice. A battery pull did not get rid of it.
    So I found it today it means there is an update for one of the apps. So basically you get two indicators for it. The thing is if you do the update without checking the message it will not clear the indicator. The reason why you probably didn't see it is because you probably have your sms and emails seperate from the actual messages. When I went and looked at the messages and scrolled down through all the texts and stuff I found it on there so I guess I will need to check that once in awhile.
    08-26-09 04:32 PM
    black box right corner either oap cap in the box
    08-27-09 01:41 PM
    ................well what is it because i dont know yet.
    it is an application update...go to bbapp world and check your apps to see if there is an update avail....i am sure that there is.....

I have this icon in the top right hand corner of my screen that displays EN in a little quare the same size of when you click shift. I've had my 8900 for a while and I've never seen this. I know it stands for the language selection as English, but how do I get rid of it? It only shows up in text fields, other than that it's not displayed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    you have multi language option on your phone...this just lets you know that you are not in another language.....

I can't see the icons as well. Can anyone repost the original post? Anyway, I'm completely new to the BB. I've connected the phone to my PC and I clicked a window which I think is to update the BB. Then the screen turned white with a two icons. One icon looking like the BB and another icon which looks like a PC. Then small arrows in between the BB and the PC both pointing in the opposite direction. It has been in this screen for so an hour now and can't open anything in the desktop manager. My question is can I disconnect my phone from the PC while in this state, or is a software update ongoing and I should wait for it to finish? Thanks!
    this is normal...when you open desktop manager with your berry connected this is letting you know that your berry and your computer are talking to oneanother.....don't be worried....if it is taking too long....disconnect it.....do a battery pull and read some information on sync-ing your berry with your PC....this should be a very easy task....

black box right corner either oap cap in the box
    this lets you know that you are in CAPS lock mode....if you hit (right-alt)+(left-shift) that will put your phone in caps lock....if you hit (right-alt)+(right-shift) this puts NUM in the top corner and you will only be able to enter numbers and secondary characters....maybe you should read the manual and look on youtube for beginner blackberry tips and tricks.....

good luck to everyone....welcome to the CrackBerry Nation.....

check out YouTube on your PC to see some Beginning Tips On Your New Blackberry and that should answer a lot of questions you have.....also....post in the forums under the model of Blackberry that you have to get quicker responses.....
    08-27-09 02:17 PM
    Everytime i Call there is a rectangle box with circled plus signed going diagonally from the topleft of the box to the bottom right of the box on the upper right of the screen?
    08-30-09 11:49 AM
    Has anyone seen this icon before? It showed up after a reset, then magically disappeared after a day or so.
    09-02-09 04:43 PM
    looks like you got voicemal, a LOT of voicemail.
    09-02-09 05:02 PM
    Check out this thread, someone else got the same exact icon...with the same exact number...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/str...number-307361/
    09-02-09 05:08 PM
    Everytime i Call there is a rectangle box with circled plus signed going diagonally from the topleft of the box to the bottom right of the box on the upper right of the screen?
    That is called the enhanced audio icon. With it you can enhance bass, treble. The majority of people find it by selecting "L" while they are on a call.
    09-03-09 11:18 PM
    That is called the enhanced audio icon. With it you can enhance bass, treble. The majority of people find it by selecting "L" while they are on a call.
    Thank you, I thought it was the reason why my phone dies in like 10 hrs. I bought a new battery, but my phone still dies in 10 hours, it use to be able to get like 60 hrs. Blackberry flip has been unpleasant cellphone experience i hope i can trade in for a new phone and not break contract rules
    09-04-09 12:40 AM
    Ok one more question is there any way to keep all of the google apps in one folder on your screen instead of all separated?

yeah u just move em using the bb button.
    09-04-09 05:11 AM
    Thank you, I thought it was the reason why my phone dies in like 10 hrs. I bought a new battery, but my phone still dies in 10 hours, it use to be able to get like 60 hrs. Blackberry flip has been unpleasant cellphone experience i hope i can trade in for a new phone and not break contract rules
    You are welcome. Welcome to crackberry!
    09-04-09 10:52 PM
    I have a joypad icon up at the top, and i was wondering how to remove it, i know how i got it, but when i open up the game it doesnt tell me anything to get rid of it, would love to be able to remove it, but as of yet unable to
    10-19-09 07:32 PM
    What icon
    11-01-09 12:32 PM
    Ive come across a multi colored envelope on my bb storm. it has the red asterisk in the upper right corner. I tried searching on here but didnt come across anything. i tried unhiding all my icons but nothing worked. its right under the time and day/date in portrait mode.

thanks for any help.
    12-06-09 04:03 PM
220 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD