Try leaving another voicemail and deleting it. It should clear itself out then.

thanks!!!! worked!!!! i dont get it, but it worked....damn computer!!! lol
    02-20-09 06:51 PM
    The icon in question for me (new user) is one that only shows when I'm using the phone. The icon looks like a small blue staircase with black outline.

What does it mean? I didn't notice it when I first got the phone last month...

thanks----

What did you find out about this? I'm having the same problem.
    02-26-09 01:25 AM
    It is the in call sound boost, kind of an EQ.

Go into the phone then in options/general options bottom 2, change them to none or whatever it is.

There is a hot key for it I found by accident when on the phone once... Havn't been able to find it again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 08:35 AM
    Hi,
    I am a newbie. I have read all the threads I find on icons but I still can't seem to find what this icon means...... Please help!

It looks like a gold envelope behind a mini bb with another gold envelope in front of it with a number 1 next to it.
    It is located on the left side of the time and on the right of my icon for my emails. I have no vm or sms or mms. So I can't figure out what it is for.

Thanks in advance!
    04-20-09 09:24 AM
    thanks for the help on the icons
    04-21-09 03:14 AM
    Newbie here, I've got this globe with a number one on the left side of it. Does anybody know what this is or how I can get it off?
    04-29-09 08:05 PM
    Damn it, the images are blocked from my network.
    05-01-09 09:54 AM
    I still say this is a good read even if you read your book

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 11:47 PM
    the globe means a saved webpage/something with the browser. look in your messages folder or the browser itself.
    05-02-09 12:55 AM
    Ok, so I have seen someone else post about this before but never saw a reply for it. I have a blue and black box (half blue, half black) that has white diamonds or stars (too small to really tell) going through the middle of it. Anyone have any ideas what it is? It is in the top right hand corner and appears when I'm on a call but disappears when I use speakerphone. Also I have a Pearl 8130. Thanks!
    05-09-09 04:24 PM
    I just noticed the same icon on my phone, the black/blue box with daimonds. Only on when in phone mode but off when on speaker. Have had phone for about a week and this didn't start showing up until yesterday. weird. any help?
    05-10-09 09:21 PM
    New to site. Hope I am posting correctly. Getting a scope symbol(circle with a plus sign in it) with a volume symbol next to it. It appears below the wifi symbol on BB 8350i Sprint/Nextel.
    05-11-09 03:31 AM
    Great info, thanks.
    05-11-09 09:47 AM
    Heckler37,

I found out that the symbol with the black and blue square with the diamonds in it is for Enhanced Audio. To turn it off, you need make a call to someone who doesn't mind you doing this with them. Once it starts ringing, click the menu key and go to Enhanced Audio and set it to normal. That should make it go away. Hope that helps.
    05-11-09 07:41 PM
    Newbie here, I've got this globe with a number one on the left side of it. Does anybody know what this is or how I can get it off?
    the globe means a saved webpage/something with the browser. look in your messages folder or the browser itself.

These are called broswer messages. To find them go to messages>menu>view folder>browser messages.

QUOTE=jmichelbook;2514185]Ok, so I have seen someone else post about this before but never saw a reply for it. I have a blue and black box (half blue, half black) that has white diamonds or stars (too small to really tell) going through the middle of it. Anyone have any ideas what it is? It is in the top right hand corner and appears when I'm on a call but disappears when I use speakerphone. Also I have a Pearl 8130. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I just noticed the same icon on my phone, the black/blue box with daimonds. Only on when in phone mode but off when on speaker. Have had phone for about a week and this didn't start showing up until yesterday. weird. any help?
    Heckler37,

I found out that the symbol with the black and blue square with the diamonds in it is for Enhanced Audio. To turn it off, you need make a call to someone who doesn't mind you doing this with them. Once it starts ringing, click the menu key and go to Enhanced Audio and set it to normal. That should make it go away. Hope that helps.
    Actually you don't have to make a call to turn it off. You can go to call log>menu>options>general options>enhance call audio: normal
    05-11-09 10:44 PM
    Can't see them at all
    05-11-09 10:48 PM
    Adam, your first post in this thread references four images, but you do not seem to still be hosting them on zeisman.com, or maybe you moved them. Do you still have the pictures?

Last edited by Snarfler; 05-27-09 at 09:14 PM.
    05-12-09 12:38 PM
    Next to some of my messages...right now i'm just noticing it on sent ones...there is a tiny D next to the checkmark...what does that mean?
    05-17-09 10:35 PM
    New to site. Hope I am posting correctly. Getting a scope symbol(circle with a plus sign in it) with a volume symbol next to it. It appears below the wifi symbol on BB 8350i Sprint/Nextel.
    That means that GPS is set to Location on. If GPS was set to E911 only, you'd get the crosshair without the little volume symbol next to it.

Next to some of my messages...right now i'm just noticing it on sent ones...there is a tiny D next to the checkmark...what does that mean?
    it means they have been delivered.
    Last edited by Snarfler; 05-18-09 at 03:31 PM.
    05-18-09 03:28 PM
    Thanks for the information for this Newbie
    05-19-09 09:47 PM
    hi everybody.
    I'm new to Blackberry. When I start calling it appear a rectangle and this rectangle is cut by diagonal. What does it mean?
    Thanks all
    05-21-09 11:29 PM
    I have read every where and tried everything suggested. I have a symbol with a 1 beside it. I have deleted every text and voice mail message, and and in the browser. Done a battery pull and a sim card removal. No warnings in my area from the weather bug. I just can't figure it out, please help. I do enjoy this site very much, if it wasn't for this place my 8310 would be in the dumpster. But thanks for all the smart and helpful people I now love it. Thanks for all the help and have a great Memorial Day!! Also does anyone know where I could find a red, white and blue theme?
    05-23-09 10:41 PM
    I have read every where and tried everything suggested. I have a symbol with a 1 beside it. I have deleted every text and voice mail message, and and in the browser. Done a battery pull and a sim card removal. No warnings in my area from the weather bug. I just can't figure it out, please help. I do enjoy this site very much, if it wasn't for this place my 8310 would be in the dumpster. But thanks for all the smart and helpful people I now love it. Thanks for all the help and have a great Memorial Day!! Also does anyone know where I could find a red, white and blue theme?
    Go to messages folder and hit "u" for unread messages, see if that helps. Also check missed calls and saved messages. What does the icon look like?
    05-23-09 11:05 PM
    hi everybody.
    I'm new to Blackberry. When I start calling it appear a rectangle and this rectangle is cut by diagonal. What does it mean?
    Thanks all
    It is a enhanced audio symbol. represents an equalizer, either in bass boost or treble boost. should be able to hit the BB key in a call and adjust it or turn it off

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

edit - grabbed some pics from the Storm manual, posting them in this thread because it seems like a good thread for them

Last edited by Snarfler; 05-27-09 at 09:19 PM.
    05-27-09 09:12 PM
    A thank you to Iceman about the globe icon representing a 'browser message'. Thanks for the info about finding it.
    06-01-09 10:54 PM
220 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD