Try taking a screen shot and posting it. It might be easier for someone to recognize it if they saw it.
    08-13-10 05:10 PM
    I have a strange icon the just popped up a couple of days ago. It is a white box with a squiggly line in it, with the number 31 beside it. It is in the upper left screen. Does anyone know what this is?
    08-29-10 02:42 PM
    I tried posting a picture, but it says I need 10 posts first. Let me try one more time.
    08-29-10 02:43 PM
    08-29-10 02:50 PM
    can someone help me? i have an icon at the top of my screen and its a little black circle with a diagonal arrow in it with a red asterick next to it and a 1 in front of it....normally this means blackberry app world has updates or soemthing but i updated everything and i dont know what the icon means...and i dont know how to make a post!!! i am new to this site and i need helppp! please!!! anyone!!!

***NEVERMIND!!!**** found it! i had deleted something the wrong way i guess? and i reinstalled it then deleted it again and the icon went away!
    Last edited by apierma5; 09-09-10 at 09:58 PM. Reason: found solution to my problem!
    09-09-10 09:48 PM
    Attachment 72592
    So I have waited and searched but I cant figure this thing out. I have a yellow phone facing up and to the right with a half arrow pointing at the middle of it. kindof like this"^' but the bottom line is parrellel to the ground and then a forty five degree up and away. it is not a missed call and there is not a call in my call log with the symbol.

any suggestions or places that need specification?
    I too have this icon on my Telus Tour. I hope my screenshot attached.

I have deleted some apps in hope of figuring out what was causing this.

Any advice would be appreciated.

BTW newbie
    Last edited by Freddda; 09-19-10 at 10:40 PM. Reason: New photo
    09-19-10 10:28 PM
    it means you still have a message from web, go to all your messages where they are held and if there is a one by the globe that means one was unread
    10-05-10 04:19 PM
    So I found it today it means there is an update for one of the apps. So basically you get two indicators for it. The thing is if you do the update without checking the message it will not clear the indicator. The reason why you probably didn't see it is because you probably have your sms and emails seperate from the actual messages. When I went and looked at the messages and scrolled down through all the texts and stuff I found it on there so I guess I will need to check that once in awhile.

This is exactly what it was! Thank you so much! I did the same as everyone else it appears, ignored the message (it was an update for a theme I don't use) and deleted the theme that wanted to update in the first place, thereby making it impossible to update anything!

End of story, I checked the messages (I don't use SMS inbox anymore...) and like magic it was gone! I didn't even have to read the message, just open it or mark it as read...
    01-19-11 12:37 AM

I would guess that this is the Enhanced call audio enabled ...

from the phone app .. press BB button, Options/ Enhanced Audio
    Thank-you so much for posting that picture...the same icon has been bugging me since Aug 2010 and it was impossible (until now) to identify the icon so I could take care of it. When a number 2 popped up next to the Browser Push Icon, I got even more annoyed. I took it to the Sprint Store to have them look at it and they couldn't figure out what it meant either, even after switching my theme to the original, manufacturer's theme (shows it as yellow while my current theme shows the icon as red). I found the solution from some other website but they didn't have a picture of the icon so I wasn't sure and didn't have the patience to attempt to hunt through all my notification messages either unless I knew for sure I was looking at the correct solution.

Thanks again, I appreciate the help and co-op.
    04-26-11 08:33 AM
    So just like many others who have an icon they've never seen.....I got another one. I got an idea of what it is, just don't know how to retrieve the content. Picture this: an envelope with the bb app world logo on top of it, along with the number 1. Obviously, it seems I have mail, but mail in the app world?! I'm more than sure we don't get mail there other than an update (and yes, I know what icon is used for that). Any ideas.....
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-28-11 07:29 PM
    Can i change the icons on my curve 8320?
    06-29-11 05:00 PM
    I have a Golden Globe icon on the home screen. OS 6. The numerals prefix to it are increasing. Presently it is at 5. Please advice.
    Thanx all in advance.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com.

07-05-11 11:51 AM
    So just like many others who have an icon they've never seen.....I got another one. I got an idea of what it is, just don't know how to retrieve the content. Picture this: an envelope with the bb app world logo on top of it, along with the number 1. Obviously, it seems I have mail, but mail in the app world?! I'm more than sure we don't get mail there other than an update (and yes, I know what icon is used for that). Any ideas.....

You have received a msg (In one of your various email folders), informing you that an app you have installed, has just been updated in App World.
    07-05-11 07:50 PM
    I can't see the icons in the original post, so it couldn't help me much. I see a red, upright rectangle on the upper right side of my Blackberry. All I know is that it's some kind of counter. What the heck is that thing?
    07-25-11 05:41 PM
    Very helpful! I also keep getting the App World Update icons on my OS6 default theme at the top but when i click it or go into app world it doesnt exist. I even did battery pull and icons go away then reappear later on. Im not sure really whats happening, maybe its the facebook updates messing up my phone
    07-26-11 06:04 PM
    Hi what does the sound icon look like on a blackberry curve i am trying to change my ringtone.thanks in advance
    12-24-11 12:29 AM
    Useful... thanks
    12-26-11 07:38 AM
    does anyone know what the icon means that is a timer with a + sign after it? It just started showing up when I'm charging or have my clock showing.
    01-12-12 09:43 PM
    does anyone know what the icon means that is a timer with a + sign after it? It just started showing up when I'm charging or have my clock showing.
    Yeah, me too! I was just wondering what this was. I just updated to OS 7.1 a couple of days ago; I'm not sure if that is when it started showing up. Sure am curious what it is...
    01-13-12 05:36 PM
    What about this "emergency messages" that showed up with the upgrade to 7.1? How do I use this?
    01-13-12 07:16 PM
220 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD