I've done all the searches I can, and I cannot find the answer to this.

When I go into the BB Browser, in the status bar across the top of my screen (to the left of the unlocked lock) is a small green rectangle with two small squares over it, one on the top left and one on the lower right corners of the rectangle. Does anyone know what it means?
    07-22-08 01:46 PM
    I think it means that the connection is "live" if there 2 red crosses instead of the boxes it means there is no signal. Hope this helps
    07-22-08 01:50 PM
    i have H-T letter on my screen almost on the right hand side upper corner.. any one know's what does it mean?
    07-22-08 01:59 PM
    How about a bright blue dot at the top (near the signal strength indicator)?

Thx
    07-23-08 02:48 PM
    The one that looks like a sight on a scope? A circle with a plus sign? That is the GPS indicator...if it's on it means the GPS is set for "location on" as opposed to 911 only.
    Okay. So I'm New, but thats besides the point. People thought I was crazy because I described the little icon the same way. However, I turned my GPS to 911 Only and saved it but the icon is still there? Can anyone help? Thanks
    07-30-08 12:04 PM
    Ok..whats this one?

like a world or something
    ^^^
    I have an indicator that looks like a globe with the number 1 next to it. Anyone know what this is. It is next to my message indicatiors and below the EDGE indicator.
    You guys have web browser messages. Go in your sms icon, hit the menu/bb button, scroll down to view folder, and the first one should be browser messages.

I've done all the searches I can, and I cannot find the answer to this.

When I go into the BB Browser, in the status bar across the top of my screen (to the left of the unlocked lock) is a small green rectangle with two small squares over it, one on the top left and one on the lower right corners of the rectangle. Does anyone know what it means?
    I think it means that the connection is "live" if there 2 red crosses instead of the boxes it means there is no signal. Hope this helps
    ^^^ 110% correct

How about a bright blue dot at the top (near the signal strength indicator)?

Thx
    ^^Depending on which carrier you have and the theme running, if there is a white symbol that looks like a B, your bluetooth is enabled.
    07-30-08 12:31 PM
    The one that looks like a sight on a scope? A circle with a plus sign? That is the GPS indicator...if it's on it means the GPS is set for "location on" as opposed to 911 only.
    Okay. So I'm New, but thats besides the point. People thought I was crazy because I described the little icon the same way. However, I turned my GPS to 911 Only and saved it but the icon is still there? Can anyone help? Thanks
    Robin is somewhat right; that symbol will not disappear. There are two options: Location on--> black circle with the plus sign and a little black symbol that is to the right of the circle or 911 only--> black circle with the plus sign only.
    07-30-08 12:38 PM
    Hi - new to the forums - great info here, thanks.

I have a BB Curve. In the top status strip, there is what appears to be the voice command icon - blue person figure with red indicators by the head. It matches the voice command icon from the menu, but is small like the other status indicators.

Any idea? I don't recall activating anything to cause this.

Thanks so much!

Ken
    07-31-08 08:37 AM
    Robin is somewhat right; that symbol will not disappear. There are two options: Location on--> black circle with the plus sign and a little black symbol that is to the right of the circle or 911 only--> black circle with the plus sign only.
    Hey Thanks! Now, my next question is does it really matter which setting its on?
    07-31-08 11:48 AM
    Hey Thanks! Now, my next question is does it really matter which setting its on?
    Location on ---> meaning you want to use the gps chip in the phone to locate you from the satellites. Since Verizon uses navigator and doesn't unlock the chip unless Navigator is being used, I would leave it on 911 --> in emergency situations help can find you.
    08-01-08 06:38 PM
    Location on ---> meaning you want to use the gps chip in the phone to locate you from the satellites. Since Verizon uses navigator and doesn't unlock the chip unless Navigator is being used, I would leave it on 911 --> in emergency situations help can find you.
    Hey buddy! Thanks, especially that little tid-bit about Verizon. I love clarity and closure.
    08-02-08 03:19 PM
    On my homescreen it shows the cassette symbol with a 3 to the left of it. However, I have no voice mail messages. How can I get rid of that symbol?
    08-02-08 08:29 PM
    Thanks for this post!!
    08-16-08 03:24 PM
    hi everybody...i'm sorry if this one has already been asked before. the icon that i don't recognize is of the planet Earth. it's small but you can easily see that its the globe. Any ideas? Thanks.

spncr19
    08-23-08 09:52 PM
    Bowtie.Boy
    that is the vm icon. take out the battery then put it back in. if that doesn't work call and double check you vm for skipped /missed ones. thats about it

spncr19
    it's prob your browser
    08-23-08 10:21 PM
    hi everybody...i'm sorry if this one has already been asked before. the icon that i don't recognize is of the planet Earth. it's small but you can easily see that its the globe. Any ideas? Thanks.

spncr19
    Should be a browser message. Check you inbox and see if there are unreads in there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 11:08 PM
    Alright, after chatting on BB Messenger, I cleared the message, and then a Smiley Face with a 1 next to it popped up on my main screen, no red asterisk or anything like the smiley icons shown here, just a yellow smily face with a 1 next to it... cant figure out what it's trying to tell me, and cant seem to find any messages or BB messenger options to get rid of it... any ideas?
    What I have noticed is if you look at a message in BB Messenger, but don't reply, it keeps the message as unread. I have had to go into the conversation and hit the space bar then back completly out and the smiley face icon is gone. Hope that helps & makes sense
    08-23-08 11:30 PM
    I have a new one... well I think it is new but maybe because I am new to the BB world. (Wow I said the "new" a lot!) I have a efw icon that only appear when I am on the internet. One is a green square with a smaller black square on the upper left and another in the lower right.... The other is right next to that one and it is a orange rectangle (looks like a message icon) with what could either be a small camera in the upper right or a small grey box with something black inside it...??? When I end my online session they go away. Any ideas?
    08-26-08 02:25 PM

Just curious, how do you change the GPS options? I have the 8310 and dont see anywhere that will let me change the options. I have not installed any maps yet so that may be the problem.

Julian
    08-26-08 03:25 PM
    This icon showed up on my phone yesterday, and it won't go away. I've searched this forum over and over and cannot figure out what it means. It is the little yellow phone symbol (like the missed call one) but it has arrows like this instead of an x, <<. Please help. Thanks. Eric
    09-01-08 12:25 PM
    i have one on my screen only appears durring calls that looks like a square with a dotted line going from one corner to the other and one half is blue the other half is black. whats this mean?
    09-01-08 10:19 PM
    AWESOME!!! Thank you so much I was curious about the bulls-eye.
    09-01-08 10:47 PM
    So nobody knows what the phone with the << to the left of it means?? There is also a 1 on the right side.
    09-07-08 12:46 AM
    Ok, here is a new one.

8330 on verizon and while on a call I get an icon that is like a little box with what looks like blue stairs or like a little box showing my signal, but it just started showing up about a week ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 08:09 AM
    Does the "waiting for response" icon mean the person has not read the message yet?
    10-05-08 07:01 AM
220 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD