This icon showed up on my phone yesterday, and it won't go away. I've searched this forum over and over and cannot figure out what it means. It is the little yellow phone symbol (like the missed call one) but it has arrows like this instead of an x, <<. Please help. Thanks. Eric
    The phone with << usually is for call forewarding. You can check call forewarding by hitting the call button, then menu, and there will be forewarding options in the menu. Disabling it should get rid of the phone>> icon.
    10-07-08 02:04 AM
    Thanks Azeis for the icon menu - I've been looking all over for that and just found this website today. Found exactly what I was looking for.
    10-09-08 01:36 PM
    Thx everyone!
    10-10-08 04:31 PM
    How about adding to this thread the "black and blue" audio icon? There seems to be a lot of talk about it.
    10-24-08 02:18 AM
    azeis: Where did the info in posts #1 & 3?
    I wanted to point someone here and noticed the info you posted
    is not there
    10-24-08 10:15 PM
    I have an upside down white rimmed glasses icon (with out the arms) with a number one beside it on the top of my black berry bold. Any ideas?
    12-01-08 08:22 AM
    Hey everyone, just wondering how to remove icons from the phone, I went to applications and removed facebook, but the icon remains, how do I get it off as well?
    12-01-08 09:58 AM
    Scrappy, that is the voicemail icon, check your voicemail

=]
    12-02-08 09:56 AM
    Hazey313 thank you! I was going through the trouble of downloading a screen shot program to post it here when I saw that you had answered. Voicemail- well it sort of makes sense, I guess its' supposed to be a cassette tape icon instead of glasses. It's sort of like trying to figure out a rorschach image
    12-02-08 10:24 AM
    LOL no worries Scrappy. I felt your pain and had to answer because I was confused about that symbol myself about a week ago!
    12-02-08 01:05 PM
    its R= received not read.
    I think the R stands for Read; since the D stands for Delivered, that would be the same as received. The D changes to an R when the contact has read the message (i.e. opened up the convo in BBM)
    12-03-08 12:51 PM
    On the top of the screen where SMS and email notifications (number and yellow letter) are shown, I have an icon I've never seen before: 1 and then a picture of a globe. Help! No clue what it is and how to get rid of it.

I accidently just saved a webpage I viewed. Maybe that's it?!?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    12-16-08 01:25 PM
    ok this is my first time, but i just got my 8320 and i have the smiley face with the star signifying a new message. Buuut I don't know where to go, i have checked all the places i think but i don't see a new message? please help. thank you
    Sorry, can you help me explaining what the happy face with a star means? And what to do?
    12-18-08 04:04 PM
    The one that looks like a sight on a scope? A circle with a plus sign? That is the GPS indicator...if it's on it means the GPS is set for "location on" as opposed to 911 only.

Hi, im new to BB and to a cell phon with GPS... I have the same icon, I also guessed its from the GPS, does that cosumes more battery? is there any way to turn off? than you a lot
    12-24-08 09:11 AM
    cannot see them...
    same
    for some reason they only worked once
    12-25-08 11:50 AM
    I have seen the question asked several times, but have not found an answer...does anyone know what the "A" symbol is (instead of "D" & "R") on blackberry messenger?
    Thanks
    12-27-08 05:05 PM
    i don't see anything under your post that says 'here is a list' there is a lot of blank space, is my computer not displaying something? Did you post a link? The pictures of the actual icons? text?

thanks?
    01-09-09 11:34 AM
    There are only red xs on the first page, so there are still those of us that STILL can't find a good source of the icons and what they mean.
    02-10-09 01:01 PM
    same here...red x's
    02-10-09 11:44 PM
    Have read and read - still need cure for icon on home page of double arrow pointing left, yellow phone and number 1.
    02-11-09 11:25 AM
    I have read the post a few times . the red "X" in the square, you guys lost me on it. what does that red X inside a square mean?? have seen it on computer pages also. sorry to be so noob!!
    02-12-09 10:28 PM
    there is way too much info on this site!! I am about to have a newbie-overload!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-20-09 11:27 AM
    Have read and read - still need cure for icon on home page of double arrow pointing left, yellow phone and number 1.
    I believe this is the notifier that you missed a call (or a voicemail is waiting).
    02-20-09 12:46 PM
    ...it wont go away....i have the voicemain icon on my bold....i have NO messages...but the voicemail icon will not go away....ive done the batt pull, but its still there....any help?

thanks
    02-20-09 06:34 PM
    ...it wont go away....i have the voicemain icon on my bold....i have NO messages...but the voicemail icon will not go away....ive done the batt pull, but its still there....any help?

thanks
    Try leaving another voicemail and deleting it. It should clear itself out then.
    02-20-09 06:44 PM
220 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD