I saw a lot of hate post about BB Music player but i been using the BB Music player for a while and i really like it. So i'm confused why a lot of people say BB Music player is bad??
    Last edited by stark4; 09-28-09 at 01:35 AM.
    09-28-09 01:29 AM
    I am a new BB Bold user, and it's my first BB so I don't have any experience with others but, in my opinion, the music player is just great.

I'm referring to the mp3 player. I have not used the other music/media stuff and I've only listened using the ear-bud headset. But, the sound is full and rich and there are no glitches (I make my mp3s at 228 bps.) I'm using a 4gb card but I ordered a 16gb. I'll get a few so I can have different musical sets.

I have ordered the Plantronics Voyager 855 BT stereo headset based on some recommendation I found on Crackberry. I love Crackberry, too.

The only problem that I have with the music player is that it is like most other MP3 players that I've seen in that it organizes/files mp3s by Tags. I have an RCA Lyra Jukebox (80GB) that allows playing music by folder, and that is a much better way, as far as I am concerned because the tags don't have to be there at all when you can select the entire folder.

That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it.
    09-28-09 01:47 AM
    I am a new BB Bold user, and it's my first BB so I don't have any experience with others but, in my opinion, the music player is just great.

I'm referring to the mp3 player. I have not used the other music/media stuff and I've only listened using the ear-bud headset. But, the sound is full and rich and there are no glitches (I make my mp3s at 228 bps.) I'm using a 4gb card but I ordered a 16gb. I'll get a few so I can have different musical sets.

I have ordered the Plantronics Voyager 855 BT stereo headset based on some recommendation I found on Crackberry. I love Crackberry, too.

The only problem that I have with the music player is that it is like most other MP3 players that I've seen in that it organizes/files mp3s by Tags. I have an RCA Lyra Jukebox (80GB) that allows playing music by folder, and that is a much better way, as far as I am concerned because the tags don't have to be there at all when you can select the entire folder.

That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it.
    Hey. I'm using the same headset. They're absolutely fantastic. I'm sure you will enjoy them a lot. There's many little bonuses to it as well. It provides good sound isolation, the cord is weaved with fabric, making it very light-weight and unsusceptible to fraying, and it uses a micro-USB charging port (I can use one charger for both my BB and BT, so I keep the spare at work). Actually, I think the Bold uses the mini-USB port, doesn't it? Rats.

A couple main weaknesses you'll probably notice is that it scratches very easily (no biggie, they were dirt cheap to begin with off Amazon), and the signal is significantly weaker when you're outdoors. My only guess is that your body acts as a conductor and blocks the signal, which isn't an issue indoors since there's walls for the radio to bounce off. You'll have to find the right spot to place the phone on your body to allow a clear signal if you take it outside a lot. Either way, the 855s were worth every dollar.

Back on topic to the music player, I think it does a fine job. The sound quality isn't the best, but no MP3 player (not even the Rockboxed iAudioX5L I used to own) can compare to a computer with a sound card, nevermind a dedicated stereo system. A couple features I wish it did support are CUE sheets (gapless playback) and volume normalization through ID3 tags.
    09-28-09 03:35 AM
    I really like the BB music player, I don't what's to complain about

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 07:15 AM
    BB music player has come a long way and it is much better, because trust me! It used to suc* lol it does still need much improvement, but it isn't bad
    09-28-09 07:42 AM
    Not being able to play music by folder / file is a drawback for me. I have to open folders theough the explorer to do that; it's far more complicated than it has to be.

09-28-09 11:49 AM
    Not being able to play music by folder / file is a drawback for me. I have to open folders theough the explorer to do that; it's far more complicated than it has to be.

Use Itunes to do that, then use data sync to send to your bb. I have all the same folders I have in itunes on my bb.

Boomo
    09-29-09 04:48 PM
    I've had my S1 for 6 months now and I just got around to loading it up with tunes last night. I couldn't stand to see a 7gb memory card go unused. I used the new DM 5.0 on the IMac and it transferred the music over to my Storm very fast and easy. No problems.

Question 1. Can you only listen to music using ear buds? I can't get sound out of the phone speaker but the ear buds work just fine. Too good in fact. See question 2.

Question 2. How do you adjust the sound volume when you have the ear buds plugged in? The toggle switch on the right side of the phone advances the tune to the next song in the playlist. I can't find where to adjust the volume and it is too loud with the earbuds. It hurts my ears.

I have a Storm 1 with .328 if that makes any difference in your answer.

Thanks for your help.
    12-10-09 02:54 PM
    I really dont have any complaints about the media player. It works fine.
    12-10-09 11:55 PM
    Question 2. How do you adjust the sound volume when you have the ear buds plugged in? The toggle switch on the right side of the phone advances the tune to the next song in the playlist. I can't find where to adjust the volume and it is too loud with the earbuds. It hurts my ears.
    Thanks for your help.
    You should be able to tap the volume buttons on the side to adjust the volume. If you hold the button down, they become previous/next buttons.
    12-11-09 09:42 AM
    there is one thing i hate.. when i create a playlist they don't have the 'mark multiple items' to add songs.
    05-01-10 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD