I recently purchased a Curve 8310 through AT&T, who is my personal cell carrier. My employer (a Korean company) has an enterprise server, but the only carrier that the server interfaces with in the US is Verizon. When I try to activate the enterprise server function on my phone, the application bombs out after a half hour, or so. I see the activation email being sent, but the server fails to respond. I was told that there is some issue with the server only working with Verizon accounts, and since I have AT&T, my IT people are scrambling to find a solution. How do I make this work?
    I dont believe that's correct.. it could be a Exchange account issue or your company's firewall blocking inbound connections..

It could also be that your on a Personal BIS plan trying to activate on a BES, this wont work either.. (at least according to AT&T)..

Your IT needs to check inbound logs and make sure that it's not blocking the connections needed..

My BES has ALL sorts of carrier devices on it, I have Sprint, ATT and Verizon all mixed and all activated, working fine.

I even have Bell users from Canada connecting to my BES in my Los Vegas data center..
    04-11-08 12:01 PM
    Can anyone give me instructions I can forward to my IT guy to reconnect me to the BES after I do a upgrade of OS. Usually I loose my activation and he has to delete and readd me, and usually complains about it. Is there an easier way and if so could you include instructions I can just forward to him.

Thanks for all the help and insight for those of you wiser and more experience than us newbies.
    04-17-08 08:57 AM
    You should just need a new activation...no contact to the Admin at all.
    04-17-08 09:06 AM
    Usually I have IT send me an activation email that has a password and I go into the enterprise activation on the bb. Is there another, easier way to reactivate?
    04-17-08 09:15 AM
    Hi there !

Is there a way through BIS to get in sync your outlook mail, contacts, calendar etc.. wirelessly ?
    04-17-08 03:46 PM
    Hi there !

Is there a way through BIS to get in sync your outlook mail, contacts, calendar etc.. wirelessly ?
    Not through the normal means.. you may have to use Google Sync.

BIS is typically only email, and it's not reconciled.
    04-17-08 04:43 PM
    Usually I have IT send me an activation email that has a password and I go into the enterprise activation on the bb. Is there another, easier way to reactivate?

That is all they need to do for you to do a enterprise activation.
    04-17-08 05:03 PM
    hi i have installed 'nav4all' for my blackberry but it says i dont have BISB server how do i get this or install this?.. cb asap
    05-11-08 10:10 AM
    I'm still having problems with my corporate email.

I contacted my company IT dept. They sent me a password. I went into setup wizard, enterprise server activation, entered my corp. email addy, then the password, hit activate and then saw a screen saying " activating" but nothing ever happens.

I put another call into the IT dept. Just seeing if anybody knows anything else.

I just got the Curve, could it be that VZW did not add the BES option to my plan?
    05-17-08 10:07 AM
    I am considering upgrading my blackberry. I want to continue accessing my work emails through my company's BES system, but want to configure my new blackberry to receive emails from my personal yahoo account. The person at the AT&T store said that on the BES system, access to all email, including access to Yahoo accounts are run through your employer's server. A second AT&T employee told me that I could download Go Yahoo on the blackberry and that way my personal email would run through the yahoo server independent of the BES server. What, if any of this is true?
    05-17-08 07:43 PM
    Hello to all with my first post..
    Actually my first post comes with a question

Why BES subscription is expensive than BIS subs.?
    I mean I pay around 40$ to my carrier for BES..
    only BIS costs around 28$
    07-05-08 08:06 AM
    how do I get rid of the continuous RIM "This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server." I'm getting them every 20 minutes. I have the BIS set up. they just started last night.
    07-10-08 09:07 PM
    I am more confused now with BES and BIS
    07-12-08 09:35 PM
    By forwarding all work email to the gmail account setup on your Blackberry does this also take care your calendar updates?
    07-12-08 09:37 PM
    I have a question:

I have a my own bb (ATT) set up to push my corp. email as well as several other accounts via BIS. What I would like to do is have my corp. email only set up via bes so that I can have true synching (my job uses T-Mobile if that matters). What do I need to do? I don't want the job issued 8700 bb and I want to keep my ATT plan, all I want is my job emails via bes, can this be done?
    07-25-08 09:12 AM
    You'd need to get IT involved for anything BES related. They must import your account from the GAL, then add an activation password.

If they know it's personal, they may not add it.

There's nothing you can do to get around this.. IT MUST be involved to create the account on the BES.
    07-25-08 10:02 AM
    I know that they have to get involved, the question is...is there any issues with me running my corp email from BES and still using my other acounts via BIS and using my own ATT voice/data services. IOW, I want to keep everything I have now as is, just access corp email via BES. I don't want to have to switch over to their plan or phone. I realize that they would put some sort of policy on my phone, but their policy isn't that restrictive.
    07-25-08 10:40 AM
    Do you have a BES plan on your personal device? If not, AT&T blocks the connectivity I believe..this is why there's the personal BIS plan, and enterprise BES plan..

It's pretty stupid, but it's their way of extorting money out of you for absolutely no reason at all..
    07-25-08 11:09 AM
    Ahh, I though I could just give IT, my IMEI or whatever info they needed and they could just give me an enterprise activation password. Not that simple eh?

So If I switched to a BES plan, how would I access my other accounts?
    07-25-08 11:27 AM
    BES plans allow for BIS connectivity, but not 100% sure if a BIS plan will connect into a corporate BES.. I dont believe it will.
    07-25-08 11:57 AM
    I am not a BB user yet, but will have to change from Palm OS to either BB or MW, probably on a Treo. I'm trying my best to determine some important characteristics about BB email. I have three email accounts, an Exchange account that will be set up by my IT people. I have a Yahoo paid account with POP, and a Gmail IMAP that I have had pushing to my Treo 700P using Chatteremail.
    1. Will I be able to get push from Gmail, which has an IMAP option?
    2. Will I be able to get push from Yahoo, which doesn't?
    3. On arrival to the phone, will all three accounts be displayed in one mailbox? If so is there a quick way to determine which comes from which account?
    4. How does any of this relate to BIS/BES? Will I need both? I clearly will need BES.
    5. What do you mean by saying that the non-corporate accounts won't reconcile? Does that mean that deleting on the device won't delete on the server?
    07-25-08 12:25 PM
    Do you have a BES plan on your personal device? If not, AT&T blocks the connectivity I believe..this is why there's the personal BIS plan, and enterprise BES plan..

It's pretty stupid, but it's their way of extorting money out of you for absolutely no reason at all..
    BES plans allow for BIS connectivity, but not 100% sure if a BIS plan will connect into a corporate BES.. I dont believe it will.
    Well I did it, all I had to do was contact AT&T and add BES support to my plan, then once I got the service books, I went to options-->Advanced Options-->Enterprise Activation and entered my email address and the password given to me by IT and it took some time, but it went through fine and I still have all my other BIS email accounts. And I asked IT what kind of policy they'd push through and they said since it's my phone and I pay for all of my own services that they wouldn't restrict anything. So they pushed through a "default" policy. It doesn't even require me to have a password if I don't want to (although I always do)
    07-29-08 04:53 PM
    I work for a school district, and I have a BB for my personal use. I was able to set up my school e-mail, my personal AOL address and my BB address so that I get ALL my e-mail on my BB. I don't know if my info will help anyone, but I've not had any problems getting my e-mails, and I'm BIS only.
    Let me add that I LOVE CrackBerry!
    07-29-08 06:16 PM
    Let me explain this.. If your company has an Exchange server and a BES, you can STILL get your company emails through BIS. It's basically just as simple as going to "Setup Wizard", adding in your work email address and password.

If your IT has security and you're required to change the password to your account every such-n-such days, each time you change your password, it will need to be updated on your Blackberry.

So yes, you can get your work/corporate email through BIS as well as BES. Bes is more secure and syncs contacts, calendars and tasks whereas BIS does not.

You can easily tell when someone's using BIS vs BES. On BES, when sending an email, it puts "Sent from my Wireless Blackberry" or something along those lines as your signature.. If you are on BIS, it adds "Sent from my Verizon Blackberry" or "Sent from my AT&T Blackberry" as your signature.

=)
    Last edited by sniffs; 07-29-08 at 11:16 PM.
    07-29-08 11:14 PM
    how do I get rid of the continuous RIM "This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server." I'm getting them every 20 minutes. I have the BIS set up. they just started last night.
    I am getting these too, help
    08-07-08 05:28 AM
168 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD