Hello, I am a new user, I have a BlackBerry Bold 9900. Previously, I was a Z10 user. I found many applications in the store of BB10, but has not happened me the same with BB7 shop. I'd like to know which applications you use to know what to look for. I have found very few interesting apps in the store. Thank you.
    04-14-16 05:51 AM
    It depends what do you need. How can we know what do you call "interesting app"?

For me, interesting app is Kindle, Sudoku, Solitaire, Doc To Go, Fancy Tran, Opera Mini, Tapatalk, TuneIn Radio, XPRSS, Shazam, Short Cut Me, deKlikken, BeWeather Pro, Advanced OS and LED, Google Maps(after reinstall it doesn't work correctly ), Wisepilot as turn by turn 3D navigation, Cloud explorer for One Drive, Bomberman vs Zombies, Contacts to CSV.

You can choose what you are interesting in.

Note: not every of this apps are still available in App World - but you can still find them on the other sites.
    Blaby likes this.
    04-14-16 06:26 AM
    Hello, I am a new user, I have a BlackBerry Bold 9900. Previously, I was a Z10 user. I found many applications in the store of BB10, but has not happened me the same with BB7 shop. I'd like to know which applications you use to know what to look for. I have found very few interesting apps in the store. Thank you.
    What do you intend to use the apps for so we suggest what apps might fulfill your needs? I.e. Task, Document editing, navigation, etc?
    Blaby likes this.
    04-14-16 06:29 AM
    It depends what do you need. How can we know what do you call "interesting app"?

For me, interesting app is Kindle, Sudoku, Solitaire, Doc To Go, Fancy Tran, Opera Mini, Tapatalk, TuneIn Radio, XPRSS, Shazam, Short Cut Me, deKlikken, BeWeather Pro, Advanced OS and LED, Google Maps(after reinstall it doesn't work correctly ), Wisepilot as turn by turn 3D navigation, Cloud explorer for One Drive, Bomberman vs Zombies, Contacts to CSV.

You can choose what you are interesting in.

Note: not every of this apps are still available in App World - but you can still find them on the other sites.

What do you intend to use the apps for so we suggest what apps might fulfill your needs? I.e. Task, Document editing, navigation, etc?
    Hi, thanks for responding. I would like to know the applications that you consider important and then I would select that liked me. Can't find many applications in the store, what are those sites where I could look? Any page in particular?
    04-14-16 07:23 AM
    I presently use on the BB7 Slacker, Pandora, Radio for BlackBerry (a totally amazing program with endless stations that really work and after you buy the app its all free), Radio.net, for Radio listening and music streaming. Music Finder Pro is a fun song searcher app that lets you save songs for listening too. I save the websites to my desktop for any music or talk radio sources that dont have a good BB7 app, and that works amazingly well.

With BlackBerry, you think first about what you want to do, then not 'is there an app for that,' but rather, 'do I need an app to do that?'

I used the browser for video but you have to be very patient waiting for it to load, its not the best tool for video, there are some video and youtube apps in BB7 you could experiment with.

If you left BB10 for BB7, you may want to consider the Q10 over the Bold and have the benefit of the faster OS with the small form factor and keyboard like BB7, but if you are happy with BB7 it still does plenty.
    Last edited by to boldly go; 04-14-16 at 09:47 AM.
    Blaby likes this.
    04-14-16 09:29 AM
    Hi, thanks for responding. I would like to know the applications that you consider important and then I would select that liked me. Can't find many applications in the store, what are those sites where I could look? Any page in particular?
    http://apps.blackberryvietnam.net/mobile/home.html

You can find on this page some apps which you won't be able to find in App world present day.

I have apps which I need only - no garbage on my BB or useless apps:

Short Cut Me - shortcuts for every function and app in BB, without moving from homescreen.
    TuneIn - radio station from all world
    XPRSS - RSS reader - easy and light - it can view my pages and articles without leaving the app - and I don't need any notification from it
    Sudoku Supreme - some training for my brain
    Opera Mini - browser
    Kindle - for ebooks
    Tapatalk - CrackBerry forum and one forum in Poland
    Fancy Tran - language translator
    BeWeather Pro - little info about temperature in some important cities for me
    Solitaire - game - brain training
    Bomberman vs Zombies - game
    deKlikken - make shortcuts for side keys
    Mail++ - some extra option added to the mailbox(edit, etc)
    Advanced OS and LED - plenty function to set you Berry as you wish
    Google Maps - unfortunately after reinstal it doesn't work fully property :/
    Wisepilot - turn by turn navigation - 3D view
    Docs To Go - some view of documents
    terminatorx likes this.
    04-14-16 03:30 PM
    Wow... I'm overwhelmed in nostalgia here

It's been mentioned a couple times but Advance OS and LED was one of my favorite apps on BlackBerry OS 7. Little Brother and Vlingo also provided me welcomed features.
    04-14-16 03:51 PM
    I usually prefer the default Blackberry apps, but i use a few others:

Face 10
    Messenger 10
    Blockit
    CB 10
    Enpass
    Nobex
    Score Line
    Livescore
    BSSH Pro
    Hg10
    Cleaner
    Web Design Cheat Sheet
    Soundcloud
    XE Currency
    04-14-16 04:39 PM
    Op has rolled backwards to bb7.1. So suggestions on bb10 apps is a rather moot point. Carry on...
    04-14-16 04:49 PM
    Whatsapp

IMDB

Tunein Radio

Opera Mini

Associated Press (news wire service)

My Rogers App

Client for Instagram

Photo Studio (editor)

screen Muncher

Color Splasher

ScrennDimm