The browser in OS6 is still slow to render non-mobile friendly sites. Part of that is due to its lack of Flash ability. You Tube videos & Vemo videos suffer because of it. If I need to get information about a certain disease from WebMD that requires me to view pictures, a Blackberry is not the tool to use. The quality is not there and neither is the speed. The other issue is PDF files. There's no way a Blackberry would help me in that case. I need a device where I can down load PDF files from the AAP when I'm studying.
    Webmd has mobile. Its still in beta but its stable. The os6 browser opens normal web pages just as fast. What you might be seeing is your network downloading slow. Switch to wifi and see the difference. If the page has embedded flash mine will not even try to open it. I get a message to install flash. I thought the browser would open a pdf that it was the os itself that didn't have a pdf reader. I'll look into this. We tested page openning speed and opera on android or win7 and ios4 didn't open any faster. They didn't back page any faster. We just got thru looking at some youtube videos and they look the same. We did notice though that the iso4 would buffer when we didn't and more often. We just chaulked it up to connection issues. I really think if we where in a wifi connection that would clearup.
    Other than my short list earlier the only problem with the browser for the other guys is that its on a BLackBerry. If this browser was on an iphone or htc etc we wouldn't hear a peep.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    grover5 and Fatoomah like this.
    02-20-11 11:15 AM
    what about the Browser on os6 sucks?
    For me, the lack of a Column View option is a deal breaker. If I zoom the page large enough to actually read it, I only see about 1/4 of it at a time and have to keep scrolling right to left. That alone is enough to keep me on Opera. Or maybe I'm just a dumb*** and can't find the option
    02-20-11 06:45 PM
    For me, the lack of a Column View option is a deal breaker. If I zoom the page large enough to actually read it, I only see about 1/4 of it at a time and have to keep scrolling right to left. That alone is enough to keep me on Opera. Or maybe I'm just a dumb*** and can't find the option
    On a touch screen, you can double-tap the text area to get zoomed column view. I don't know how to do that on a non-touch-screen, but I'd have to think the option is there somewhere.

02-20-11 06:51 PM
    Look don't just say the ip4 has a better browser. Tell us why it has a better browser. What does it have that Rim os 6 doesn't.

Videos from sites play without getting hung up, iOS load pages faster...Os6 is def an improvement as far BB browser, but compared to iOS,android,winmo7 its not even close.
    02-20-11 09:05 PM
    Videos from sites play without getting hung up, iOS load pages faster...Os6 is def an improvement as far BB browser, but compared to iOS,android,winmo7 its not even close.
    No it doesn't. My wifes ip4 hangs on youtube videos all the time. We compare page load times all the time. Ios4 does not load pages faster neither does Android. So your whole basis is on page loading speed? So how much faster have you seen opera and ios4 load pages faster than os6?
    18to12fitty, it seems like on my 9700 running os6 to colume view zoom on the page and it auto colume views. Of course you can over zoom and it it'll stay in normal view. It didn't show the % of zoom so I don't know how much it was zoomed. I only played around for a day so I really can't say mucb about it. I can't seem to tear myself away from my Torch.

02-20-11 09:25 PM
    On a touch screen, you can double-tap the text area to get zoomed column view. I don't know how to do that on a non-touch-screen, but I'd have to think the option is there somewhere.
    I would have thought so too. I have looked at every setting and option I can find and danged if I can find it. If anybody knows how, feel free to speak up.....
    02-20-11 10:32 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD