I am stuck in an E.R. Right now and don't have access to my pc I have been doing a forum search for the last hour and not found the answer to my question. I have seen many posts (flames) about people ranting and raving about "another webkit post" so I'm not looking for any flames, but I did not really find the answer to my question. What is a webkit? What difference will it make compared to the native browser or operah? I must know why I and everyone else wants it to happen so badly, please keep the flames to a minimum and excuse my ignorance but, what is a webkit?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by rick9700; 02-16-10 at 10:14 PM.
    02-16-10 08:11 PM
    Some reference material I'll need to read later, myself

Last edited by BergerKing; 02-16-10 at 08:26 PM.
    02-16-10 08:19 PM
    a webkit browser is a major upgrade to the current browser webkit is used on the iphone droid handsets and palm handsets now.. it renders pages pc like.
    02-16-10 08:21 PM
    In my mind this will make BB better than the iphone in every way. The browser is the only thing I prefer on the iphone over bb.
    02-16-10 08:26 PM
    I'll be looking forward to upgrading to where I'd have a chance of running it.

02-16-10 08:28 PM
    Thank you for the link Bergerking but I'm just not getting it??? Let me use Facebook as an example....the app sucks imho but the mobile site is ok but if I go to the full version Welcome to Facebook | Facebook the native browser opens the page pretty much like my pc dose, what will the webkit do for me in this instance? Thank you so much for the help guys!!!!

02-16-10 08:40 PM
    Yeah its all good for me,thanks! Aunt broke her hip, not so good for her......

02-16-10 09:03 PM
    Sorry about your aunt glad you are there for her
    02-16-10 09:49 PM
    What difference will it make compared to the native browser or oprah?
    Compared to the current native browser, it will provide a much more natural web browsing experience, much more "PC-like", and faster rendering. Compared to Oprah...well it really can't compare to Oprah, being that one is a mobile browser and the other is a famous talk show host.

(I know, sorry...but I couldn't help myself)
    02-16-10 10:04 PM
    I did mention I was in the ER right??? Damn letters are too small.............lol

02-16-10 10:17 PM
    Sorry about your aunt glad you are there for her
    Thanks Jude, finally home now.......

02-17-10 03:14 AM
    Bolt is a webkits browser too !

I am using it !

02-17-10 03:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD