Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but through gizmodo i saw this link. I have not seen the video since i am at work but thought i would share it.
    The New BlackBerry WebKit Browser: Yes, It's Actually Good - BlackBerry - Gizmodo
    02-16-10 12:42 PM
    It has been all over. Either way no big news for us. It will be a while until it actually comes out as usual.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 01:02 PM
    yes I saw this and am really happy that they have it working
    02-16-10 01:04 PM
    won't be excited until i see flash running .
    02-16-10 01:16 PM
    you wont see flash running on it.. as they support html5 .. so they wont bother trying to support flash on it as youtube and vimeo are all switching over to html5 players..
    02-16-10 03:19 PM
    you wont see flash running on it.. as they support html5 .. so they wont bother trying to support flash on it as youtube and vimeo are all switching over to html5 players..
    zero, zero, zero proof of your claim.

however,
    Adobe Announces Full Flash Player for BlackBerry Devices & 35 Funded Flash Apps
    RIM announce Adobe Flash support coming to BlackBerry | BlackBerry Cool
    BlackBerry - Research In Motion and Adobe Systems Alliance
    02-16-10 03:24 PM
    i really don't get the Flash thing...... What would you even care about flash on a 9700??? The only thing flash will bring to the table is to slow you down. The browser does look good and happy that they officially talked about it.Nice to see the page render full .
    02-16-10 03:48 PM
    i really don't get the Flash thing...... What would you even care about flash on a 9700??? The only thing flash will bring to the table is to slow you down. The browser does look good and happy that they officially talked about it.Nice to see the page render full .
    because lots of websites don't have mobile versions, and many rely on flash as either a supplement or the entire base of their design.
    02-16-10 04:14 PM
    Does anyone know if the 9700 will be seeing an official update to get the webkit browser when it comes out...? Or will we have to wait for 6.0 OS or something?
    02-16-10 04:35 PM
    Really? The Daily Maverick :: YouTube turns five, hyperspaces interweb into the future

The numbers on YouTube are just silly. In terms of users there is nothing to compare it with except the Google search engine, or Facebook, or Wikipedia. But those sites deal mostly in serving text or a couple of hundred million still images. YouTube streams well north of a billion pieces of video every day. That makes for an outrageous amount of data...

...Google, which bought Youtube less than two years after it was founded for what was then considered outrageously expensive $1.65 billion, does not want Microsoft or Apple (or anybody else) to own the dominant video format. So it has become the biggest early tester of HTML5. Your browser doesn't support HTML5? Google launches its own browser, Chrome. Need to use Internet Explorer at work because that's all your IT department supports? Google launches a Chrome framework that effectively subverts IE and makes it HTML5-compatible. The final blow will be the day that YouTube switches off Flash and starts streaming only to HTML5 browsers. On that day all browsers will be HTML5 compatible or they will perish in the flames of user outrage.

By buying YouTube, Google took control of the entire online video advertising market, from embedding video ads before the content users want to layering text ads on top of playing video. It also bought itself a huge amount of influence on the future nature of the interweb. This is only its first use of that influence.
    02-16-10 05:13 PM
    Really? The Daily Maverick :: YouTube turns five, hyperspaces interweb into the future

The numbers on YouTube are just silly. In terms of users there is nothing to compare it with except the Google search engine, or Facebook, or Wikipedia. But those sites deal mostly in serving text or a couple of hundred million still images. YouTube streams well north of a billion pieces of video every day. That makes for an outrageous amount of data...

...Google, which bought Youtube less than two years after it was founded for what was then considered outrageously expensive $1.65 billion, does not want Microsoft or Apple (or anybody else) to own the dominant video format. So it has become the biggest early tester of HTML5. Your browser doesn't support HTML5? Google launches its own browser, Chrome. Need to use Internet Explorer at work because that's all your IT department supports? Google launches a Chrome framework that effectively subverts IE and makes it HTML5-compatible. The final blow will be the day that YouTube switches off Flash and starts streaming only to HTML5 browsers. On that day all browsers will be HTML5 compatible or they will perish in the flames of user outrage.

By buying YouTube, Google took control of the entire online video advertising market, from embedding video ads before the content users want to layering text ads on top of playing video. It also bought itself a huge amount of influence on the future nature of the interweb. This is only its first use of that influence.

That has NOTHING to do with Blackberry or the WebKit browser.

EDIT: Let me be clear, when I said there was no proof to his claim, his claim was that there would be no Flash support on BBs.
    02-16-10 05:32 PM
    Flash is a waste and no company would develop feature browsers for it. Everything will be html5.
    02-16-10 05:38 PM
    I'm cool with html5 overtaking flash. It seems faster and more compatible with mobile devices.

Webkit browser is going to support html5, right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD