so i was watching a video by sal on youtube and he said that blackbery would becoming out with a webkit browser, does anybody have any information on this? Also, does anyone know when an official .428 os update wil lhappen?
    01-16-10 01:03 PM
    Browser: No one knows for sure.

Official OS Update: No one knows for sure.

Many of your answers can be found here: http://forums.crackberry.com/search.php
    01-16-10 01:14 PM
    RIM bought Torch Mobile over the summer. They create a webkit browser, so it is pretty safe to assume a webkit browser is in the works.
    01-16-10 01:57 PM
    RIM bought Torch Mobile over the summer. They create a webkit browser, so it is pretty safe to assume a webkit browser is in the works.
    Yep. Torch Mobile, upon being acquired, immediately ceased development of Iris, their Windows Mobile webkit enabled browser (was in beta) and shut down their website. Torch Mobile

Additionally, a patent recently surfaced, filed by RIM, that is designed to boost internet browsing speeds by establishing a proxy on the local device which can send/receive compressed data (currently all data transmissions are uncompressed) making the whole affair more efficient.

Patent link: http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...tion%22.AS.%29

I'm thinking things will start to happen over the summer.
    01-16-10 03:49 PM
    I'm thinking things will start to happen over the summer.
    I hope they do. Didn't they say that by summer the BlackBerry browser will match the speed of the Iphone's browser? Will the upgrade be an OS upgrade or something downloadable?
    01-16-10 04:52 PM
    This is just a rumour, but it is said that the fabled Storm3 has a very powerful flash-equipped browser. Seems like Torch has been a little busy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 01:23 PM
    The only thing missing from RIM is a perfect browser.
    01-17-10 05:29 PM
    Remember people...Tomorrow never comes.
    01-17-10 05:31 PM
    Remember people...Tomorrow never comes.
    i thought tomorrow never died?
    01-17-10 07:38 PM
    what would a webkit do???
    01-19-10 09:07 AM
    i thought tomorrow never died?
    You can Die Another Day......

01-19-10 10:43 AM
    This may be a silly question but would current BlackBerrys be able to support a WebKit-based browser with flash?
    01-19-10 06:34 PM
    this looks wiked cool!
    01-20-10 01:55 PM
    Remember that your current blackberry may not be able to handle a webkit browser for whatever reason. Personally I'm making this my number one feature to look for in an upgraded blackberry, and will hold onto my money until then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 08:24 PM
    Remember that your current blackberry may not be able to handle a webkit browser for whatever reason. Personally I'm making this my number one feature to look for in an upgraded blackberry, and will hold onto my money until then.
    But if our current BlackBerrys can support the new browser then we can load leaks on our phones way before the new device comes out :P
    01-20-10 08:26 PM
    what would a webkit do???
    Render pages correctly and be awesomely fast. (for a mobile browser at least.)
    01-20-10 09:29 PM
    I hope they do. Didn't they say that by summer the BlackBerry browser will match the speed of the Iphone's browser? Will the upgrade be an OS upgrade or something downloadable?
    I remember hearing that the browser will come out along with a OS upgrade. I know for the S3, rumor has it that it will include widgets also. I would gamble for a OS upgrade along with the Browser
    01-21-10 12:39 AM
    I personally like Opera Mini 5 better than all the webKit browsers out there. Seriously, other than being in beta with minor problems, it does everything well and then some.
    01-21-10 01:48 AM
    we need the webkit browser fast,real fast.
    01-21-10 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD