+1 MojoSwag

I wish the borders weren't so big in the chat window. I would like to have that screen real estate back to fit more messages on-screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You can make the chat window look more like the old one in the Options.

My biggest complaint is definitely the way files get sent. It looks like they made the change so that images don't reside on RIM's servers, now it's a direct device to device transfer.
    10-10-09 11:14 AM
    pic transfer sucks bad....it either fails or is skull-crushingly slow.

please rim, go back to the way it was before. not broke, don't fix.
    10-10-09 02:46 PM
    +1 MojoSwag

I wish the borders weren't so big in the chat window. I would like to have that screen real estate back to fit more messages on-screen.

agreed. my biggest grip with the new bbm is waste of screen real estate. I think there should be an option to turn off the profile picture on the top, I rather see 2 more lines of chats! also, what's with the thick black border around typing area?

all in all, not bad, would be better if they throw in classic style as an option.
    10-10-09 04:31 PM
    The only complaint I have is that I am still getting notifications of new messages when I have my status set as "busy."
    10-10-09 04:55 PM
    The fact I can't tell if my contact is online or offline unless im doing
    something wrong here ! I have contacts that I know are off line and when I view the info for them it says there are online when indeed they are really offline! whats up with that?
    10-10-09 05:02 PM
    I HATE the way that a "Groups" Calendar is created and there's no way of deleting or removing it.

I even set my Gmail Calendar as my default in advanced options and as soon as I selected a day/time to create an entry it defaults to "Send Using: Groups" so I have to keep remembering to change to my gmail calendar each time I add a new entry!! and when I forget I have to do a calendar merge! PITA!! Nothing got rid of this even leaving/deleting the groups in BBM 5.0, tried deleting BBM and also tried restoring backup and clearing/wiping the calendars using the device and DM!

Only fix was to wipe the whole device and restore from backup which DIDN'T restore the Groups Calendar thank god!

If anyone knows how to get rid of this calendar without wiping the device prais tell!?
    10-10-09 06:02 PM
    I've noticed a significant reduction in my battery life since I downloaded BBM 5.0.....has anyone else had this problem
    10-11-09 09:06 PM
    Haven't noticed any real batt. drain diff. but have noticed that there was a clock in the upper right of each mess. sent and received that is no longer there. Pretty strange? Now I have to mve cursor over the mess. to see when it was sent/rec.
    10-11-09 09:41 PM
    I would like to be able to stop having group message alerts sent to me when I am busy. I do not get BBM from individuals when I am busy, but the group messages still come through. RIM, please fix that.
    10-11-09 09:44 PM
    Well, I wish I could complain like the posts before me but I'm very much satisfied with RIM's progress over the old BBM. Perhaps this is because I never loaded the leaked version but it is day and night better than the old messaging. I see most complaints as small fixes easily handled with an update. I also see the new messenger as a great attempt to make the Blackberry stack up better against the iPhone and Android.
    Imho.

10-11-09 09:54 PM
    my cons

- file receiving " why do i have to save to view ? "
    and i think its too slow or something isnt working right
    sometimes it cant be sent or received

- typing suddenly disappears in typing box after some time or long convo's

- sometimes you cant open a convo due to ??!!
    and only a battery pull would fix it

- when you set an alert for a contact and then decide to remove it
    the alert icon doesnt change back till you get any kind of alert
    " doesnt have to be from same contact .. any alert would clear it "

- the invite contact line - does it have to be there forever ?
    shouldnt it go away the minute you add at least one contact ?

- it gives the device some kind of a strange lag

this is what i have seen till now

i think RIM should really consider a REAL update
    with REAL FEATURES

this is only a face lift for BBM with minor tweaks and additions to look new
    i dont think its stable at all

BBM 5.0.0.33 = TOO MANY BATTERY PULLS
    10-12-09 02:19 AM
    I have to do a battery pull a couple of times day since I installed BBM 5.0. I've never had to do battery pulls since I bought my bold a couple months back
    10-12-09 03:15 AM
    1. I don't like the color gradients compared to the one on 5.0.0.8 (leaked version)
    2. SMS contacts should be sorted by activity or alphabetical order
    3. Why include flags when we can't see them in the emoticons area and still make them work? What if people don't know about these flags? How could they ever know about them if they can't see them? There should be a flag slection menu just like there is one for emoticons.
    4. The file size of the application is almost 1.5MB bigger than 5.0.0.8, why?

Before I decided to install 5.0.0.33 it was at 2.7MB on AppWorld, now that I uninstalled it it shows up as 2.8MB if I want to reinstall. Wierd.

I'm running 5.0.0.8 right now and I'm more than happy with it in contrast to 5.0.0.33

10-12-09 04:30 AM
    1. Dont like the fact sms msg show up in BBM, should have an option to switch it off. If i have msg sorted by theme, does that mean, it will show two alerts for sms and mms? one in pin box and one in sms box

And must I really duplicate contacts in address book to seperate their pins from sms??

2. Although options set to sort activity, it is still hard to distinguish who sent me a recent msg, mainly sms.

3. sending/transfering images, why must I save?

4. Invite option does not need default selection on main screen.

5. I dont mind seeing profile pics in convos, but they could reduce the borders a tad.
    10-12-09 07:37 AM
    I seem to be the only person who hasn't had an SMS go into Messenger....all my SMS's are going to the right place!
    10-12-09 07:51 AM
    I seem to be the only person who hasn't had an SMS go into Messenger....all my SMS's are going to the right place!
    are you running os5.0? You need 5.0 to get that feature
    10-12-09 08:00 AM
    Ahhh.....that explains it! I'm on an 8900 with 4. something....never worked out how to tell the OS version againstthe App version and platform version!
    10-12-09 08:01 AM
    I don't like how I have to click "r" twice to reply to a message when I'm in my message area. With the old BBM I only had to tap "r" once, then I could start typing. I have my BBM, text, and email set on combined.
    10-17-09 11:37 PM
    folks bbm is always running, having a shortcut to it from quicklaunch is totally redundant, how about this, f quicklaunch, i want to have a shortcut from quicklaunch to run quicklaunch, so i can quick while i launch
    10-18-09 12:37 AM
    i don't use bbm often, but decided to get it today...really really hate that it doesn't let you use a shortcut app like QL, it also doesn't work on ShortCutMe which is what i have
    Since almost a month ago ShortcutMe is able to launch BBM 5.0 if you create a shortcut using "InstantMessagingApps" as AppName.

Use "Set Parameter ..." key to see information and example for how to set proper parameters for it.
    (Set parameter to 0 if you only have one instant messaging app, or 1, 2,3, 4 depending on where BBM 5.0 show up on the "Instant Message" menu in the Message program).
    10-18-09 10:16 AM
    i hate the sms sync
    it should have option to disable this
    10-18-09 10:49 AM
    1) The new red icon on bbm shows up when you get an SMS even when you have read and replied the msg
    2) My cousin's bb died so she is going back to her old phone for awhile so she doesn't have bbm, and when the blackberry contact is linked between her phone number and her PIN, msgs from her go into bbm account. Soo its annoying now cuz I can't delete her or else I'll lose her PIN. I could just remove it and get it later but thats annoying.

I never use emoticons anyways soo I don't really care. haha but they do look pretty plain.
    10-18-09 04:00 PM
    sending and receiving pictures! what a pain having to wait for it downloading.... since the older one allows you to just view it. oh well.
    10-18-09 06:10 PM

I installed and reinstalled BB messenger after OS 5.0 upgrad, and gets successful load messages, but I can't find the button! where is it? how can i search for it?

thanks

11-04-09 03:56 PM
    Quicklaunch now works with it.
    11-04-09 04:53 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD