:::Pulling up my chair:::

I found a reason why the hybrid did not work for me at first. Norton Internet Security / Norton 360 has a feature in it called "SONAR". This feature MISTAKENLY finds the hybrid.exe to be some form of malware. If you try the install, it appears as though it works, however, the Norton SONAR disables some of the .cod's. THIS is the ONLY reason I could not use any of the hybrid's at first from Irtehun.

Check your security software, you may have to temporarily disable it in order to do a proper installation. Since I dug deep into this issue and found a viable solution, my subsequent hybrid installs from Irtehun's .exe's are working flawlessly!

Wating patiently with all of you, my patience is running thin though. haha!
    Even more reason to hate Norton software lol.

I co-sign with all of you that irtehun's 5.0 7.11 is amazing, definitely recommend it to anyone who has the Tour
    11-29-09 12:57 PM
    Norton? 15 years ago I used Norton. It has since become a bloated, sluggish, intrusive resource hog that catches no more security problems than it's competition, and often catches less. Other than that, it's a fine product.
    11-29-09 01:13 PM
    Norton? 15 years ago I used Norton. It has since become a bloated, sluggish, intrusive resource hog that catches no more security problems than it's competition, and often catches less. Other than that, it's a fine product.
    Completely false. Used to be that way 3 years ago, but the most recent 2 or 3 versions have been noted by many industry reviewers as being a very small footprint and uses less resources than the competitors' products.
    11-29-09 07:11 PM
    Completely false. Used to be that way 3 years ago, but the most recent 2 or 3 versions have been noted by many industry reviewers as being a very small footprint and uses less resources than the competitors' products.
    Hmmm. May be 'completely false' based on magazine reviews. Yet, I still get clients with modern dual core machines that run like 386s on Win3.0. As soon as I dump the Norton security software they've had on for less than one year and replace it with Nod32 or, pretty much anything else (well, except McAfee...), the machines stop bogging down.

Seriously, I have noticed a big improvement in Norton in the past year or so, but comparing Norton AV to my current fave, Nod32, the Symantec product stills comes out on the bloatware side of things. Maybe the latest version of Norton, just released or just about to be, may change that. But on working, in use computers? Haven't seen it yet.

Used to be a big fan of Symantec. Especially Norton Ghost. Their earlier stuff saved me a lot of headaches. But, I have to confess, I really owe more to their later versions. I've made more than a few bucks removing them...
    Last edited by Arninetyes; 11-30-09 at 09:07 AM.
    11-30-09 12:37 AM
    lol @ the concept of a waiting lounge...this is great
    11-30-09 09:55 AM
    LETS SEE some leak love for the TOUR!!! That is all.
    12-01-09 04:17 PM
    yea! i want some joosy updates!
    12-01-09 05:01 PM
    Looks like I started something there, lol. Anyhow, still waiting... ugh.

Hot dogs are almost done. Anyone see what I did with the horseshoes? Dang, looks like we are opting for paper football.
    12-02-09 12:33 AM
    Wow seriously... still no love for the Tour?!
    12-02-09 08:45 PM
    Wow...the other day I said jokingly that the 8530 would see a leak before the Tour. Guess I was right...So frustrating watching leaks come out for every bb on earth except the one i need...grrrhhhhhhhhhhhh
    12-02-09 08:50 PM
    lets face it... the tour is obsolete i guess....
    12-02-09 09:05 PM
    lets face it... the tour is obsolete i guess....
    no way...

there is obviously something going on at verizon and sprint to prevent leaks.

all the gsm devices have had multiple leaks each lately and almost nothing for the cdma devices
    12-02-09 09:14 PM
    the tour 2 is gonna come out then the BB tour will fall
    BB Storm 2
    BB Tour2
    BB Bold 2
    BBCurve2
    BB Curve 8330<<<<OS5.0
    BB 957 "proton"<<<<1990's OS1.0
    BB tour os5 .230<<Leak of .231 maybe
    12-02-09 09:17 PM
    Its gonna gets worse before it gets better. BBLeaks posted a carrier's list of up and coming release. Tour is no where to be seen..........

List of Upcoming BlackBerry OS 5.0 Versions - BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews

Someone should pass out another round of beer. This really sucks!!
    Last edited by rollj83; 12-02-09 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Beer
    12-02-09 09:24 PM
    even if that is true about the os not leaking until the essex is released.. how does that have anything to do with why the leaks are slow for the tour? im not saying your wrong, just explain... i know willyboy did a while back but i dont get it, :P
    12-02-09 09:33 PM
    even if that is true about the os not leaking until the essex is released.. how does that have anything to do with why the leaks are slow for the tour? im not saying your wrong, just explain... i know willyboy did a while back but i dont get it, :P
    Let me preface this by saying this is mostly speculation based off of information I have received from others who are more familiar with the situation than myself.

I compare the pushed back OS5.0 release to the release schedule for the Storm and Storm 2. I believe the same reasoning means we can expect the "official" release right before the launch of the Essex.

I compare the lack of leaks for the Tour to the lack of leaks for BBM5.0. If you remember, there was a leak, only worked with some 5.0's, everybody was freaking out "I'M NOT UPGRADING TO ANOTHER LEAK BECAUSE BBM5 WON'T WORK WITH IT". If you didn't know better you would have thought the world was ending. Well, we've seen RIM do it before, so why isn't it believable that they can hold back their leaks again?

I am a believer that the people that actually code the OS's leak OS's on purpose to get feedback and have the mass public find bugs. This is more than likely not true for ALL leaks, but it makes sense for some at least.

It makes sense that RIM and the carriers came to some sort of agreement that they would coincide the release of 9630 5.0 with the Tour2 for whatever reason (quell the mutiny?). I kind of get the impression that they have reached a point where they found an official one that they are going to release. I'm told this will be a .3xx build.

I guess only time will tell. Until then I'll be swapping radios and hybrid builds hah
    12-02-09 10:08 PM
    I really hope we don't have to wait till the Essex release to get OS5.0..
    Who knows when that would be...
    12-03-09 12:51 AM
    i just dont understand why EVERY other device has gotten a solid leak from RIM and we're stuck with hybrids as our best bet.
    12-03-09 11:29 AM
    Rim does not operate that way, they know if its not a full version then it will only cause them problems, and they would rather avoid having to deal with them.
    12-03-09 11:56 AM
    If rim built quality products, there would be nothing for hybriders to do!!!
    12-03-09 12:05 PM
    has anyone seen a picture of this operating system running on someones tour ala the old days when leaks were known and you had something to look forward to?
    12-08-09 09:02 AM
    has anyone seen a picture of this operating system running on someones tour ala the old days when leaks were known and you had something to look forward to?
    i only know of the OS from here

http://forums.crackberry.com/f151/bl...r-page-274590/

and since kevin's the author of the thread i trust it
    12-08-09 09:13 AM
    Even if and when .XXX drops it will be old.... RIM is far higher in .XXX builds.
    12-08-09 09:18 AM
    Bumppp. Lets get someone to leak something.
    12-27-09 06:03 PM
    damnit, i really hate to admit it, but willyboy6's theory is looking to be correct...
    12-30-09 05:33 PM
100 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD