Hello guys i have received a BBM from a friend
    the msg had the RIM MSG Color ....kind of purple.....looks like a hack to me

or maybe i am wrong

Blackberry advises This message is to inform all our customers, our servers have been very busy recently, so we are asking your help to solve this problem. We need our active users forward this message to each of the people in your contact list to confirm our active users using BlackBerry Messenger, if you do not send this message to all your contacts in BlackBerry Messenger, then your account will remain inactive with the consequence of losing all your contacts. The automatic update icon on your BlackBerry, will appear with the transmission of this message. Your default will be updated within 24 hours, will feature a new design and a new color for chat. Dear BlackBerry users, we do an update for MSN BB from 23:00 pm to 05:00 am this day. If you do not send this to all your contacts the update is canceled and will not be able to chat with your contacts if you have the previous version this is the real upgrade code for your blackcerry: BB859Z23380; to spread this message to all your contacts Tel automatically you will shut down and turn and you can have the new blackberry 6.8
    10-11-11 02:27 AM
    It's not a virus or a hack. It's naive people forwarding every stupid thing they get. Scold your friend for not using common sense and forwarding you nonsense.
    Ti-Mike likes this.
    10-11-11 02:48 AM
    I have never seen anything like this before. Whew, glad its a spam message.
    10-11-11 02:51 AM
    thanks for the explanation
    10-11-11 03:02 AM
    Seriously, it's amazing how people just love to take any opportunity to create chaos.

Don't send that to anyone and have your friend delete it and not forward it anywhere anymore. Then have him join the site. Win-win!!!!
    10-11-11 03:03 AM
    I have never seen anything like this before. Whew, glad its a spam message.
    You can do it too. It's called a 'Broadcast Message'. It usually annoys the life out of people because most times, broadcasts are very silly forwarded messages but they can be helpful if used appositely.
    10-11-11 03:05 AM
    Blackberry 6.8 made me lol.
    10-11-11 03:25 AM
    Was that signed by Jim Balsamic! Hahaha!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-11 02:18 PM
    The one question I would be asking is this. Who started this and how did it propagate so quickly?

It seems every BIS outage has some kind of spam running through it. Does RIM have a security issue?

Not looking for arguments here just curious. BBM is a invite accept based app. So the question is did a spammer get into the BBM servers?
    10-11-11 02:28 PM
    this is what i thought this morning .....if everyone on some guys phone has been copied in ....well the system would not support this to long.
    I had received a another msg a few weeks a go ....how to clean your memory....if everybody has forwarded this .....ka boum .....system down
    10-11-11 02:50 PM
    You can do it too. It's called a 'Broadcast Message'. It usually annoys the life out of people because most times, broadcasts are very silly forwarded messages but they can be helpful if used appositely.
    It annoys the crap out of me to get ANY broadcast message. I hate them. I warn the BBM contact once to quit spamming me then after that, they get deleted.
    xazizx88 likes this.
    10-11-11 03:30 PM
    False BC's.
    I got so many when it went back online earlier this morning, before it was down again.
    Too much time.
    10-11-11 03:34 PM
    The one question I would be asking is this. Who started this and how did it propagate so quickly?

It seems every BIS outage has some kind of spam running through it. Does RIM have a security issue?

Not looking for arguments here just curious. BBM is a invite accept based app. So the question is did a spammer get into the BBM servers?
    If I fabricate a message and send it to all my BBM contacts with some quasi techhie sounding language and advise them that they need to do x y z, I've created what the person in the message at the top of this thread has created - a bottle neck.

I will not have touched one single RIM server, I will not have performed one single hack. I will have simply created a nuisance for my friends and a message that could conceivably be sent to thousands in just a few hours. It does not take that long.

I see no evidence in to suggest that this is any issue with Blackberry security. I find that to be quite a leap. The only so called hacker was someone with a bad sense of humour with too much time in his/her hands in desperate need of attention.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 10-11-11 at 04:04 PM.
    10-11-11 03:48 PM
    Allo, My name is George Akkaaandddoooey, All I require from you all is your bank account details, yours mothers maiden name, address, security password and question......
    10-11-11 03:51 PM
    just a dumb chain letter pretty much
    10-12-11 04:22 AM
    Dumb chain letter. That is all. Do not forward.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-11 04:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD