So I keep seeing posts about hybrid os's on crackberry and I've always wanted to try one but i could never figure it out i've read through all the guides and stuff but im a tech noob and it doesnt make sense to me. is there a video of how to load up hybrid os? because i cant find one and i think a video would really help me as i am more of a visual learner

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-19-13 12:26 PM
    No video that I know of, but if you have basic computer skills then you should be able to do it just fine.

It's basically just a matter of copying and pasting files to create the OS then running app loader, though a wipe of the device is advised by many prior to installing the hybrid OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...hybrid-750854/
    sedalia066 likes this.
    03-19-13 12:41 PM
    the problem is the hybrid part. i dont know which file to download and when i read the hybrid posts they make no sense to me

03-19-13 08:00 PM
    Honestly, if you're that tech shy, I don't see why you'd entertain trying a hybrid. The likelyhood of you screwing up vs the lack of benefit using one on a OS7.1 phone, makes no sense.
    03-20-13 06:43 AM
    Don't worry, it's not that difficult as you imagine ... Most importantly ,do a full backup first (at blackberry desktop software) .. If an error occurs that makes the phone wiped, just restore from the last backup.. So nothing to be afraid when to do it ..., if encounter any problems, please do not hesitate to ask .. We're here to help
    * there's so many tutor @youtube, but that will makes u confused
    03-20-13 08:48 AM
    Don't worry, it's not that difficult as you imagine ... Most importantly ,do a full backup first (at blackberry desktop software) .. If an error occurs that makes the phone wiped, just restore from the last backup.. So nothing to be afraid when to do it ..., if encounter any problems, please do not hesitate to ask .. We're here to help
    * there's so many tutor @youtube, but that will makes u confused
    As per the OP's sig, s/he uses a 9900. First and foremost you'll need the latest OS as the base, which in this case would be 7.1.0.912 [B2508], I used the all language version which is HERE

Now you'll need a program called Vendelete+, that will remove all RIM vendor files, alternatively you can also use BBH Tool if you were to be shrinking your OS, on the start menu of BBH Tool to remove vendor files! Then again if you're using Windows 7, you can search from start button 'vendor.xml' is what you want to search for, and delete it or else you won't be able to use .912 as base. Now I personally live and breathe by the BerryLicious Ultimate 7.1 series hybrids. If you want the latest build it is THIS. That is the RC14B for .86x & .9xx SFI (except .862 SFI).

Once it has downloaded it will be a java folder and an .alx file which is the BBM. Now you're going to extract both those files into the following path.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9900AllLang_v7.1.0.912_P5.1.0.641

In that path you're going to see a UMTS folder, a Java Folder and a whole slew of other things. Once you extract its going to say folders/files exist, did you want to overwrite? Select YES.

Now I personally shrink my device, it is my mobile office, I'm here to get sh1t done! No non-sense, as you can see in the picture below.

Video on installing a hybrid OS?-71.88mb.jpg

After I shrink that beast, I make a back up of my device with ALL CONNECTIONS OFF.

Take out SIM card, wait for it to boot, and then I wipe it under phone tools in BBH Tool.

You're going to see ERROR 507. Don't panic that's a good thing!

Once it gives you that error, select launch loader and load 'er up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will boot up and say no SIM inserted or inserted wrong....just continue....now when you get to your home screen, make sure you turn off connections again, restore.......once it has fully restored insert your SIM.

I sign into BB ID first, then set up email, then BBM so I don't get any hiccups. The reason you remove your SIM is because after 7.1.0.825 I THINK it restores connections by default.

This is as thorough as I can probably write it up for you, if you have any issues shoot me a message!

EDIT
    this picture is what RC14B has, and that is what you're going to put into the base folder of the OS.
    Attached Thumbnails Video on installing a hybrid OS?-rc14javaalx.jpg  
    fahar, Jason Hoo and BLAZEDv3 like this.
    04-04-13 12:27 PM
    As per the OP's sig, s/he uses a 9900. First and foremost you'll need the latest OS as the base, which in this case would be 7.1.0.912 [B2508], I used the all language version which is HERE

Now you'll need a program called Vendelete+, that will remove all RIM vendor files, alternatively you can also use BBH Tool if you were to be shrinking your OS, on the start menu of BBH Tool to remove vendor files! Then again if you're using Windows 7, you can search from start button 'vendor.xml' is what you want to search for, and delete it or else you won't be able to use .912 as base. Now I personally live and breathe by the BerryLicious Ultimate 7.1 series hybrids. If you want the latest build it is THIS. That is the RC14B for .86x & .9xx SFI (except .862 SFI).

Once it has downloaded it will be a java folder and an .alx file which is the BBM. Now you're going to extract both those files into the following path.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9900AllLang_v7.1.0.912_P5.1.0.641

In that path you're going to see a UMTS folder, a Java Folder and a whole slew of other things. Once you extract its going to say folders/files exist, did you want to overwrite? Select YES.

Now I personally shrink my device, it is my mobile office, I'm here to get sh1t done! No non-sense, as you can see in the picture below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71.88MB.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	147422

After I shrink that beast, I make a back up of my device with ALL CONNECTIONS OFF.

Take out SIM card, wait for it to boot, and then I wipe it under phone tools in BBH Tool.

You're going to see ERROR 507. Don't panic that's a good thing!

Once it gives you that error, select launch loader and load 'er up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will boot up and say no SIM inserted or inserted wrong....just continue....now when you get to your home screen, make sure you turn off connections again, restore.......once it has fully restored insert your SIM.

I sign into BB ID first, then set up email, then BBM so I don't get any hiccups. The reason you remove your SIM is because after 7.1.0.825 I THINK it restores connections by default.

This is as thorough as I can probably write it up for you, if you have any issues shoot me a message!

EDIT
    this picture is what RC14B has, and that is what you're going to put into the base folder of the OS.

OMG thank you! This is the most clear explanation for installing a hybrid ive read yet. I'll try this over the weekend and let you know how it goes. hopefullly no problems :$ anyways i still don't really understand why i need to take our the SIM card?

04-05-13 08:28 AM
    can i use .861 as my base os instead of .912? i found that .861 had nice control over the memory leak problem that ive been having on previous versions.

Last edited by emad1995; 04-05-13 at 09:02 PM.
    04-05-13 06:45 PM
    Okay so i did everything you said and everything going good so far. The phone just turned on for the first time, now I'm just restoring all my data via desktop manager. So before I started restoring, I kinda played around with the phone and I can't tell whether I have the hybrid on my phone or not. Is there a way I can check?
    04-05-13 09:15 PM
    What exactly is a hybrid OS, and what does it do that stock 7.1 can not? I have been stuck in the world of 5.0 for my 9700 and just noticed "hybrid" section up here..
    04-08-13 12:49 AM
    Okay so i did everything you said and everything going good so far. The phone just turned on for the first time, now I'm just restoring all my data via desktop manager. So before I started restoring, I kinda played around with the phone and I can't tell whether I have the hybrid on my phone or not. Is there a way I can check?

Go to Options->Device->Application Management

Highlight BlackBerry 7.1.0 System Software and push the menu button then select MODULES.

Scroll down the list and some of the files should be a combination of 7.1.0.907 and 7.1.0.912. If you see that, all is well!
    04-08-13 02:32 PM
    What exactly is a hybrid OS, and what does it do that stock 7.1 can not? I have been stuck in the world of 5.0 for my 9700 and just noticed "hybrid" section up here..
    Hybrids are tweaks of various OS's that have been released. Faster browser, signal and GPS locking, battery, etc.
    04-08-13 02:33 PM