I have owned Blackberry's for 8 years or so and have always upgraded the phones with aftermarket applications and themes, so this post is certainly not coming from a newbie. With that being said, please do not respond with "search" or "it's a leaked OS not official what do you expect" etc.

Anyway I upgraded to OS 6.0 last night and the first thing that I noticed is my application memory with no more or less applications went from ~306MB to ~270MB or so. Again I attribute this to the increased graphics that probably take up more memory but did not think much of it.

Until using the phone today I realized that the phone was going MUCH slower than before, typing now severely lags behind the speed at which I am actually pressing the keys. In addition, when I open a text message for a specific person it doesn't immediately go to newest unread message, there is a second or so lag where it shows an earlier message and then after a second it gets to the unread message.

Also - when it comes to dialing a contact right from the homescreen I noticed that this is a much, much slower process now that the search is universal. I know you can change in options what all you are searching and I can ultimately make it search just contacts - but I am wondering if everyone else is experiencing an extremely noticeable lag in performance after upgrading from 5.0 to 6.0?

The overall look of the OS of course is better, tabbed browsing I have enjoyed so far, but there are such as the overall phone lag that are absolutely killing this OS for me.

Has anyone used Shrink-An-OS with this new leaked OS 6.0? Or possibly messed with certain settings? Because so far I really like the Arial font but if it is going to slow down the phone by this much I cannot deal with it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    09-20-10 07:20 PM
    Try installing one of Lyricidal's OS6 Hybrids from BBHybrids Forums - BBHybrids - Home

He already released one with the java files from today's Torch leak

and do a few battery pulls too
    09-20-10 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD