VENDELETE.CMD - VENDOR.XML file Remover

I wrote this simple command file to detect and delete the BlackBerry VENDOR.XML files from the following Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 locations:

32-bit systems -
    *systemdrive*\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    64-bit systems -
    *systemdrive*\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    Win XP (32 and 64) -
    *systemdrive*\Documents and Settings\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    *systemdrive*\Documents and Settings\*username*\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    Vista, Win7 (32 and 64) -
    *systemdrive*\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Res earch In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

With VENDELETE, you no longer have to hunt for and delete those pesky, hybrid-inhibiting Vendor.xml files yourself.
    It's completely safe when used as directed as it looks for the Vendor.xml file only, in the specified locations only.

How to use:
    1. Download VENDELETE.ZIP here
    2. Extract the enclosed VENDELETE.CMD file
    3. Double-click VENDELETE.CMD

Optionally, you may download the EXE version here. It works just the same as the CMD file, only slightly faster.

Please: I need testers of this, particularly Vista users. If you spot any problems with vendelete.cmd, please post them here and I will attend to them as soon as possible.

VISTA USERS: Please be sure to run this as Administrator

ubersurfer
    Last edited by ubersurfer; 12-06-11 at 04:59 PM.
    11-26-11 02:10 PM
    For anyone wondering if it's safe, It is.

Just checked the code.
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    11-26-11 03:21 PM
    For anyone wondering if it's safe, It is.

Just checked the code.
    That's okay ... so did I.

It's completely safe when used as directed as it looks for the Vendor.xml file only, in the specified locations only.
    11-26-11 04:10 PM
    nice did a reload and had to reinstall base used it to check on window 7 64 bit seems to work well , ty
    11-26-11 07:21 PM
    That's okay ... so did I.
    It was for people who are too afraid to download anything on the internet. :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-11 07:57 PM
    This could come in handy for lazy people like me.

Thanks!
    jmd.aKBar likes this.
    11-28-11 10:14 AM
    This could come in handy for lazy people like me.

Thanks!
    Ha! That's why I wrote it ... I got tired of folder-surfing every time I installed a new hybrid (which is every time a new hybrid is released). I guess that makes me lazy, too.

Even lazier: I compiled the CMD file into a stand-alone EXE. The EXE works about a nanosecond faster. I'll make it available for download if anyone cares to save nanoseconds.

jmd.aKBar and estroh like this.
    11-28-11 11:12 AM
    Awesome man!
    Is it ok with you if we package this in our hybrids?
    11-28-11 04:04 PM
    Awesome man!
    Is it ok with you if we package this in our hybrids?
    Thanks, I appreciate the offer!

I see no problem with you including vendelete in your hybrids (as long as you give me credit for developing it, of course ). I'm happy to help the BB community.

Would you rather include the EXE version, though? You can download it here.

Way too cool, SCrid. Way too cool.

11-28-11 05:12 PM
    (as long as you give me credit for developing it, of course )
    Lol, absolutely
    I'll have to check out the .exe version later (got class in a few), thanks again!
    11-28-11 05:16 PM
    Lol, absolutely
    I'll have to check out the .exe version later (got class in a few), thanks again!
    Thank YOU!

11-28-11 05:17 PM
    personally I think you should just stick with the cmd file....its easier to verify the code is clean, rather than having to decompile an exe.....the cmd file is def more transparent
    11-28-11 08:26 PM
    Just a note to Vista users: Remember to run it as "Administrator". When I trie to run it without doing that, I just got a "loop" of it trying to access the files, and the dreaded "Access Denied". Once I ran it as Administrator, it found and deleted both of the Vendor files without a problem.

Cool app.... Thanks for sharing!
    11-28-11 10:58 PM
    Hybrid+VENDELETE=rocket science.
    12-02-11 08:26 AM
    Thanks for script - no need to search/hunt for vendor.xml files anymore.

Has a minor issue though - it assumes windows is installed on C:

Though its correct for 99% cases i guess, but i have xp on c: and win7 on d: (apart from few linux distros on other partitions)

Replacing C: with %SYSTEMDRIVE% everywhere in the file seems to work.

Just for completeness, specially if Scrid or OSBB are going to include it in the hybrids.
    jmd.aKBar likes this.
    12-04-11 10:35 PM
    Thanks for script - no need to search/hunt for vendor.xml files anymore.

Has a minor issue though - it assumes windows is installed on C:

Though its correct for 99% cases i guess, but i have xp on c: and win7 on d: (apart from few linux distros on other partitions)

Replacing C: with %SYSTEMDRIVE% everywhere in the file seems to work.

Just for completeness, specially if Scrid or OSBB are going to include it in the hybrids.
    When you're right, you're right ... and you are right!

I've updated both the CMD and EXE versions accordingly. Links to the files are in the OP.

Thanks for pointing this out. I apologize for not having caught it myself.

12-06-11 05:03 PM
    Does this delete the second or third ones that are hiding sometimes?
    12-08-11 05:52 PM
    Does this delete the second or third ones that are hiding sometimes?
    as far as I am aware there is only 2 vendor files on either winxp, win vista/7. But I believe you are really interested in if it removes all the vendor files which would impact an os install....based on my personal use I have found this to work just fine...saves trecking through explorer

WIN XP, Vista/7 64 BIT
    Code:
    if exist "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml" goto DelAppLoader64
    WIN XP, Vista/7 32 BIT
    Code:
    if exist "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml" goto DelAppLoader32
    Windows Vista/7
    Code:
    if exist "C:\Users\"%username%"\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\Vendor.xml" goto DelAppDataV7
    Windows XP
    Code:
    if exist "C:\Documents and Settings\"%username%"\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\Vendor.xml" goto DelAppDataXP
    So depending on your system 32/64 Bit it would remove the vendor file from the program files location...depending on your windows OS version it will remove it from your AppData location....

EDIT: I should have just posted this:

Code:
    echo *********************************************
    echo * VENDELETE by ubersurfer - 26 Nov, 2011    *
    echo * Removes BlackBerry VENDOR.XML files from  *
    echo * Windows XP thru Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) *
    echo *********************************************
    It's a habit to be thorough....all be it...sometimes not as necessary
    Last edited by Justam; 12-08-11 at 08:57 PM.
    12-08-11 08:43 PM
    as far as I am aware there is only 2 vendor files on either winxp, win vista/7. But I believe you are really interested in if it removes all the vendor files which would impact an os install....based on my personal use I have found this to work just fine...saves trecking through explorer

64 BIT
    Code:
    if exist "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml" goto DelAppLoader64
    32 BIT
    Code:
    if exist "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml" goto DelAppLoader32
    Windows Vista/7
    Code:
    if exist "C:\Users\"%username%"\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\Vendor.xml" goto DelAppDataV7
    Windows XP
    Code:
    if exist "C:\Documents and Settings\"%username%"\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\Vendor.xml"
    Thanks and sure does. I remember seeing some threads where people said they found more but who know with all the crap on here lol.
    12-08-11 08:46 PM
    Thanks and sure does. I remember seeing some threads where people said they found more but who know with all the crap on here lol.
    Id be interested to know if there is more vendor file locations but I havent came accross it personally yet and I've been messing with leaked/official os's for quite a while now....but who knows....
    12-08-11 08:50 PM
    For awhile some were saying if you were online it would download another. I haven't experienced that though. Maybe that was only a certain version of DM?
    12-08-11 08:59 PM
    I do remember that actually...I think it was if you were using DM to do an os update...I have never experienced that with loader.exe....so for DM it could very well be true...but c'mon....y would you want to use DM to update/reinstall an OS.....I remember in that post this thorough explanation on turning off the auto update feature through the DM installer by going to the uninstall/modify in the system control panel....and again...y bother with that when the simplest answer is just use loader.exe.....

Not hating on the OP of that thread because I'm sure alot of people found that helpful and do not know about or aren't comfortable with loader.exe...but really that would of been a perfect time to educate no? Anyhow......stick with loader.exe and vendelete and you will be good to go.
    12-08-11 09:08 PM
    Oh I agree, always use loader. I think some people are scared to use it cause getting to is harder than opening dm.
    12-09-11 05:41 AM
    That happened to me once. Instead of loading the BB OS Hybrid that was on the computer,it went and downloaded a new one. That's really what it should do, because most people wouldn't download the newest OS DM is designed to go online and download the appropriate one for you based on released BB OS.

I do remember that actually...I think it was if you were using DM to do an os update...I have never experienced that with loader.exe....so for DM it could very well be true...but c'mon....y would you want to use DM to update/reinstall an OS.....I remember in that post this thorough explanation on turning off the auto update feature through the DM installer by going to the uninstall/modify in the system control panel....and again...y bother with that when the simplest answer is just use loader.exe.....

Not hating on the OP of that thread because I'm sure alot of people found that helpful and do not know about or aren't comfortable with loader.exe...but really that would of been a perfect time to educate no? Anyhow......stick with loader.exe and vendelete and you will be good to go.
    12-09-11 07:52 AM
    Downloaded the latest version for use in future hybrids Thanks again ubersurfer
    01-08-12 12:46 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD