Hey....I did this process and when i came back to desktop manager there is no option to remove VVM in the application loader. Please help!
    Yup, I am having the same problem. I do not see VVM in either loader.exe or the DM.
    08-04-09 06:49 PM
    Update: For those of you who still havent got this resolved, the easiest way is just to delete the VVM files from c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\*Version No*\Java. Sync with DM and all is well!
    08-17-09 12:49 PM
    Thank you so much!

This was needed since I just went from 4.6 to 5.0.238 on my Curve 8900 and T-Mobile doesn't support the feature.
    09-29-09 10:34 AM
    Update: For those of you who still havent got this resolved, the easiest way is just to delete the VVM files from c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\*Version No*\Java. Sync with DM and all is well!
    Didn't work for me. I'm on the latest Beta OS 5.0 .411 on a BB 8900
    12-26-09 12:47 PM
    ok when i go into the vvm file there are two places that say required and true, i change them both to false?

and while im at it since this will reload the entire OS again, I can do the same for the gmail one since I despise that plugin as well?
    04-12-10 06:29 AM
    My Blackberry Desktop (current version) has no AppLoader. I know in previous versions it did - but not that I can find today. SO I've followed all the directions, removed every aspect of VVM from the files as directed, but cannot get that revised version uploaded to my Torch. I SO miss my voice mail icon - can anyone help me get VVM off my phone?

So I have an answer to my own question and posting it here for others who are AppLoader confused.

1. There is no more Desktop Manager and the current Blackberry Desktop Software won't let you access AppLoader.
    2. It does exist though!. The path is computer/c drive/ program files/ common files/ research in motion/ apploader/and then click on the Loader icon.

If you have cleared the VVM's out of the current OS, when you run the Loader, it will indeed happily and successfully get the dreaded Visual Voice Mail off your Blackberry and the phone once again can show you have voice mails waiting. Cavaet, Blackberry support was very concerned, since they don't think this fix exists or is approved. Yet, it works and thought it was worth saying again. Thanks to everyone who figured this out!
    Last edited by Gayle Carpentier; 03-13-13 at 09:44 AM.
    03-12-13 01:43 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD