03-12-13 02:43 PM
56 123
tools
    Thank you for taking the time to assist with this issue on .237 I followed your steps but when I go to Add/Remove programs, I only see my 3rd party apps and not any blackberry apps for removal. I want to remove visual voicemail, bb maps, etc. Any advice? I am using DM 4.7
    I was having the same issue. I could not see anywere to "uncheck" visual voice mail. But once I clicked next (or continue, I can't remember what it was called) it told me that the visual voice mail related stuff would be deleted. It did take about 15 minutes to do its thing, which freaked me out a little, but it worked. It must recognize that the stuff has been altered/deleted when it loads.

Oh, and I did what Garz suggested and deleted the .cod files related to vvm.
    03-09-09 07:57 PM
    Thank you for taking the time to assist with this issue on .237 I followed your steps but when I go to Add/Remove programs, I only see my 3rd party apps and not any blackberry apps for removal. I want to remove visual voicemail, bb maps, etc. Any advice? I am using DM 4.7
    Eek! Uninstall DM 4.7 and install DM 4.6. (DM 4.7 doesn't work well with the Bold.)
    03-09-09 09:17 PM
    thank you. worked fine.
    03-09-09 10:46 PM
    thanks, smoke. saved me from a re-install. i owe you 2 hours.
    03-14-09 03:53 AM
    This worked awesome!!! It's too bad that you have to go through that to get rid of it, and that it's not compatible with reg VM... Though I hear VSM is coming out March 25th, not sure if it was this site or another... I get confused at times...LOL

Thanks again!
    03-16-09 09:07 AM
    1) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\ and find the file 'net_rim_bb_vmm'.
    This is a terrific, easy fix, and you don't even have to disconnect from DM after reloading the third party apps and restoring. (Someone has been suggesting using CrackMem instead, but that seems both unnecessary and overkill.) I would note, though, in case it's not obvious to some folks, that the "file 'net_rim_bb_vmm'" is "net_rim_bb_vmm.alx"
    03-16-09 09:53 AM
    i dont get step 2 where to find required and change from true to false, can someone help me? do i need to delete that vvm file or just copy it and paste it to notepad, not sure what to do next.
    03-24-09 08:10 PM
    Just open the file in notepad, exchange the words as you stated, close (don't remember if you will see a prompt or not), and close. Either go thru the apploader or the desktop manager and uncheck the file

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 09:13 PM
    Worked perfectly for me with 247 os same issue. . Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 08:44 AM
    Damn! I missed about 8 messages because I didn't realize that the VM alert wasn't working. Thanks for the fix.
    03-30-09 10:19 PM
    I decided to make this a thread after a few questions in the .237 thread.

Installing v.237, I found that my voice mail (vmx) icon no longer showed when I got a call.

After re-reading the .237 thread, I found that the user VeryBold had identified this early on as an issue the cause being Visual Voice Mail (vmm).

The issue is the vmm overrides the vmx on .237. The fix identified was preload, but I had already loaded.

I am on a Bold, AT&T, running .237, and a crap load of 3rd Party apps. I also use DM 4.7

Here is what I did to fix my issue:

1) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\ and find the file 'net_rim_bb_vmm'.

2) Use notepad to edit net_rim_bb_vmm. Find and change "required" from true to false. This will allow vmm to be uncheck and unselected instead of forced in the install or upgrade process.

3) Save the file - VISTA USERS PLEASE NOTE: If you have trouble saving the file from notepad, save it to the desktop and then manually move it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\

4) Start Desktop manager

5) Connect Bold

6) Go to Apploader - use Add/Remove Programs

7) uncheck the Visual Voice Mail box

8) proceed with updating

This unistalled vmm for me, and my vmx icon reappeared and worked as normal.

The other work around if you do not want to do this is go to YouMail and change your voicemail service to a visual voice mail.

I hope this is helpful. Again, this worked for me.
    I meant to say THANK YOU! Did this on my last two upgrades (.237 and .247) on my Bold and have absolutely no problems!!!
    04-01-09 05:39 PM
    I have reloaded my machine since I upgraded to .237 and when I go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\ there is no \shared\ folder. Any suggestions?
    04-02-09 01:15 PM
    I have reloaded my machine since I upgraded to .237 and when I go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\ there is no \shared\ folder. Any suggestions?
    You need to reinstall the OS to your PC.
    04-02-09 02:51 PM
    OMG!!! I LOVE YOU... worked flawlessly. I have unlocked ATT bold that im using with tmobile. My OS is .247, and it still works. Voicemail is showing like it should.
    04-04-09 10:44 AM
    thks for the tip..now i have my voicemail symbol back
    04-07-09 04:13 AM
    Once i change the file from true to false and save it, the VVM option does not show up in the app loader for me to uncheck. I have tried it several times, any suggestions?
    04-15-09 12:54 PM
    This worked for me as well..Great write up...
    Last edited by BLAZE X; 04-15-09 at 10:08 PM.
    04-15-09 08:34 PM
    Dang! This worked like a champ!
    04-16-09 11:15 AM
    I did the find net_rim_bb_vmm and change "required" from true to false. But when I open DM (v4.7) there is no VVM box to uncheck. I also downloaded Crackmem v3.4 and tried to remove it there. It says the command was completed, but it's still there. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

I installed Youmail and it appears to be working. Just not sure I am going to like it.
    04-18-09 10:02 AM
    Thanks . About to do this now!
    04-22-09 12:19 AM
    Well...no problem with changing the net_rim_bb_vvm file....but that didn't work. so, then I deleted that file and the vvm.cod files....but that didn't work.
    Dang thing is still there, and my voicemail indicator is NOT!!
    04-23-09 04:41 PM
    OK, there is no net_rim_bb_vmm.alx file to edit. Deleted the COD files.....

No prompt to undcheck VMM in DM. When I resynch it, it does not remove.

Running .266, using DM 4.6....

What am I missing?
    05-19-09 09:10 PM
    I am also with ATT with a Bold, but I don't have a folder named Shared under the RIM folder, nor can I find the net_rim_bb_vmm on the entire C drive.
    07-27-09 09:47 PM
    Thank you so much! Worked like a charm!
    07-28-09 04:42 PM
    I decided to make this a thread after a few questions in the .237 thread.

Installing v.237, I found that my voice mail (vmx) icon no longer showed when I got a call.

After re-reading the .237 thread, I found that the user VeryBold had identified this early on as an issue the cause being Visual Voice Mail (vmm).

The issue is the vmm overrides the vmx on .237. The fix identified was preload, but I had already loaded.

I am on a Bold, AT&T, running .237, and a crap load of 3rd Party apps. I also use DM 4.7

Here is what I did to fix my issue:

2) Use notepad to edit net_rim_bb_vmm. Find and change "required" from true to false. This will allow vmm to be uncheck and unselected instead of forced in the install or upgrade process.

3) Save the file - VISTA USERS PLEASE NOTE: If you have trouble saving the file from notepad, save it to the desktop and then manually move it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\

4) Start Desktop manager

5) Connect Bold

6) Go to Apploader - use Add/Remove Programs

7) uncheck the Visual Voice Mail box

8) proceed with updating

This unistalled vmm for me, and my vmx icon reappeared and worked as normal.

The other work around if you do not want to do this is go to YouMail and change your voicemail service to a visual voice mail.

I hope this is helpful. Again, this worked for me.
    Hey....I did this process and when i came back to desktop manager there is no option to remove VVM in the application loader. Please help!
    08-02-09 01:47 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD