I decided to make this a thread after a few questions in the .237 thread.

Installing v.237, I found that my voice mail (vmx) icon no longer showed when I got a call.

After re-reading the .237 thread, I found that the user VeryBold had identified this early on as an issue the cause being Visual Voice Mail (vmm).

The issue is the vmm overrides the vmx on .237. The fix identified was preload, but I had already loaded.

I am on a Bold, AT&T, running .237, and a crap load of 3rd Party apps. I also use DM 4.7

Here is what I did to fix my issue:

1) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\ and find the file 'net_rim_bb_vmm'.

2) Use notepad to edit net_rim_bb_vmm. Find and change "required" from true to false. This will allow vmm to be uncheck and unselected instead of forced in the install or upgrade process.

3) Save the file - VISTA USERS PLEASE NOTE: If you have trouble saving the file from notepad, save it to the desktop and then manually move it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\

4) Start Desktop manager

5) Connect Bold

6) Go to Apploader - use Add/Remove Programs

7) uncheck the Visual Voice Mail box

8) proceed with updating

This unistalled vmm for me, and my vmx icon reappeared and worked as normal.

The other work around if you do not want to do this is go to YouMail and change your voicemail service to a visual voice mail.

I hope this is helpful. Again, this worked for me.
    Last edited by smoke921; 02-22-09 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Updated saving for VISTA
    02-21-09 09:32 AM
    What did you save it as? I can't get it to save
    02-21-09 12:51 PM
    I noticed this as well. Thanks for the tip. I will try this out tomorrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 12:56 PM
    Just tried this myself and now my voicemail notification works again. Easy process to complete.
    02-21-09 01:28 PM
    will this work to add perdictive text
    02-21-09 01:46 PM
    Would you be able to tell me how you got it to save? I get to that point and it keeps telling me that I can't save it.
    02-21-09 01:57 PM
    Would you be able to tell me how you got it to save? I get to that point and it keeps telling me that I can't save it.
    Once you change the entry from true to false, when you click to close the window, it should ask you if you want to save the changes, just click yes ans close out of the window before going to DM and the next steps.
    02-21-09 03:27 PM
    same problem won't let me save it. says cannot create, make sure path and file names are correct.
    02-21-09 03:42 PM
    Just save the edited file to your desktop, close notepad, then copy it in manually. Vista will then give you the opportunity to authenticate as an admin and copy the edited file.

02-21-09 03:53 PM
    Just save the edited file to your desktop, close notepad, then copy it in manually. Vista will then give you the opportunity to authenticate as an admin and copy the edited file.
    Sorry, just saw the issue on saving. mrinella has the correct work around (quoted above). Issue saving is a VISTA issue. Save to the desktop then drop it in.
    02-21-09 04:31 PM
    You can also just delete the vvm.cod file, open up DM, use apploader and the voicemail icon with reappear again.
    02-21-09 04:39 PM
    This Issue only seems to affect people on AT&T, just thought i'd point that out. VVM doesn't show up in DM or my Phone on Orange UK.
    02-21-09 04:42 PM
    Sorry, just saw the issue on saving. mrinella has the correct work around (quoted above). Issue saving is a VISTA issue. Save to the desktop then drop it in.
    thanks, your solution worked.
    02-21-09 06:29 PM
    thank you works great.
    02-22-09 07:37 AM
    Good stuff.
    02-22-09 10:09 AM
    After re-reading the .237 thread, I found that the user VeryBold had identified this early on as an issue the cause being Visual Voice Mail (vmm).
    I can't take the credit for this fix. litkaj suggested this in the version .234 thread.

Great idea to post a separate thread for it! The question seems to keep coming up.

You might want to edit your original post about the issue with Vista users saving the file. I have a feeling this post will be referenced often.
    02-22-09 10:58 AM
    I can't take the credit for this fix. litkaj suggested this in the version .234 thread.

Great idea to post a separate thread for it! The question seems to keep coming up.

You might want to edit your original post about the issue with Vista users saving the file. I have a feeling this post will be referenced often.
    Done and Thanks!
    02-22-09 01:03 PM
    a little scary because it took awhile to load back up, but works great
    02-23-09 10:49 PM
    Thank you for taking the time to assist with this issue on .237 I followed your steps but when I go to Add/Remove programs, I only see my 3rd party apps and not any blackberry apps for removal. I want to remove visual voicemail, bb maps, etc. Any advice? I am using DM 4.7
    02-24-09 09:38 PM
    Works like a charm. Thanks for posting.

02-25-09 05:20 AM
    Thanks OP. I thought I might have to reinstall OS. Saved me some time.
    03-02-09 11:46 AM
    This an an older thread but here is the revival! This works beautifully. Thanks to the OP! If you are having the issue of .237 and the VVM icon, do this, it works! Thanks!
    03-06-09 12:28 AM
    Thanks a lot, this worked great, very easy to do..
    03-08-09 03:01 PM
    I am having the same problem as Braves 1995, anybody have any solutions?
    03-09-09 05:10 PM
    On .247, I just went here and deleted 1) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\ and find the file 'net_rim_bb_vmm' and then ran app loader on DM and that fixed the issue.
    03-09-09 05:14 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD