Going to be in Mexico for a couple weeks ,can i still use bbm or will i be charged extra for it...im on AT-T.. Thanks
    02-13-10 02:01 PM
    BlackBerry Messenger is part of your data plan so there is no additional fee no
    matter where you or your contact(s) are. Ever.

Enjoy your trip
    02-13-10 02:26 PM
    there may be roaming charges for data in mexico on at&t
    02-13-10 02:37 PM

"Penny for every letter."
    02-13-10 02:44 PM
    ya the data that was next question, so if i get emails but don't open them im i getting charge for that.....
    02-13-10 02:59 PM
    ya the data that was next question, so if i get emails but don't open them im i getting charge for that.....
    In order to avoid any international data charges, you will have to go to Manage Connections>Mobile Network Options>Data Services>While Roaming and select "Off."
    02-13-10 03:03 PM
    Yes, even if you don't open them, the data still hits your phone and counts against your plan. Only choice would be to not use data on the carrier, but only on WIFI if you have a WIFI capable BB.
    02-13-10 03:04 PM
    Thanks! for the info...
    02-13-10 03:09 PM
    Check with your provider. In most cases, I find that data roaming with BBM and email is cheaper then texting messaging.
    02-14-10 02:02 AM
    My friend bought a international data package from ATT for his trip 25.00 for 20 MB .... just playing around yesterday here at home i turned off the mobile network att . and tried to bbm and i couldn't do it
    02-15-10 09:33 PM
    My friend bought a international data package from ATT for his trip 25.00 for 20 MB .... just playing around yesterday here at home i turned off the mobile network att . and tried to bbm and i couldn't do it
    Did you have WIFI turned on and linked?
    02-15-10 11:01 PM
    i don't believe bbm will work over wifi. and contact your provider as far as data roaming charges. they vary from provider to provider and from country to country. bbm uses so little data that it shouldn't rack up a lot of roaming charges, but some might have a minimum charge of x amount of MB's.
    02-15-10 11:07 PM
    Going to be in Mexico for a couple weeks ,can i still use bbm or will i be charged extra for it...im on AT-T.. Thanks
    you"ll incur roaming charges and it could be quite steep.
    02-15-10 11:12 PM
    BBM definitely works over wifi. I don't have UMA. I turned off Mobile Network and left Wi-Fi on and it works just fine.
    02-17-10 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD