Does BBM require you to have a username? Mine is just my first name and so is all my friends. Such as, "Tom" "Jill" & "Carl"
    However, I just added another friend of mine this morning and she said that she tried to just use her first name and that her username was taken so she had to create some username as if it were an AIM username or something?

I have never heard of this, did BBM start requiring people to have usernames?
    12-16-10 09:45 AM
    the PIN code identifies the owner's phone. the display name can be "tom, ****, harry", like you said. no need for it to be unique.
    12-16-10 10:18 AM
    it can be whatever you want no matter who has the same username. my friends used to change their name to make it look exactly like our other friends usernames, then post some deranged garbage in our group chats so we actually thought it was them lol. so no, it doesnt have to be unique to only one person. are you sure she isnt talking about her blackberry id, which she would use to log into her appworld?
    12-16-10 02:59 PM
    It can be anything. One of my friends just uses a . as his bbm contact name and always changes the picture. At first I didnt know who it was and kept deleting him.
    12-16-10 03:15 PM
    Yea, I am pretty sure she is talking about her Blackberry ID.
    12-17-10 10:37 AM
    The person above sounds like he's on the money.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-10 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD