Can anyone help me with this, just got a new macbook pro and want to put OS 5.0 on my Tour but can not figure it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 11:27 AM
    Hi nannotwo,

To my knowledge there is no way to upload an unofficial OS using a Mac.

This frustrates me as I am a Mac user myself, and have to boot into my Windows 7 partition in order to tinker with anything on my BlackBerry.

If there is someone who can figure out a way of how to tweak the OS files using the Mac interface it would be greatly appreciated if you could share your methods.

Hope this helps!

Can anyone help me with this, just got a new macbook pro and want to put OS 5.0 on my Tour but can not figure it out.

12-11-09 06:37 PM
    This really pisses me off...what is the best partitioning software to use?

Hi nannotwo,

To my knowledge there is no way to upload an unofficial OS using a Mac.

This frustrates me as I am a Mac user myself, and have to boot into my Windows 7 partition in order to tinker with anything on my BlackBerry.

If there is someone who can figure out a way of how to tweak the OS files using the Mac interface it would be greatly appreciated if you could share your methods.

Hope this helps!
    12-11-09 09:32 PM
    heard bootcamp might work im in the same situaion with my mac but i havent explored any options
    12-18-09 11:27 PM
    yes bootcamp works fine
    12-19-09 02:15 AM
    if it is an official OS you can connect your BB to you Mac and Desktop manager and it will let you know that it there is an update...back up all your data on DM from your BB before doing anything...its pretty easy after that. But if you are trying to update with a Leaked OS..that's a different story and you may have to use a windows program or wait for an official release....I have a Mac and waiting patiently for an official release OS for my S2. good luck
    12-19-09 03:16 AM
    Wow and bummer... I have a mac mini and don't think I can do bootcamp on that. bummer.
    12-20-09 01:50 AM
    Time to make the switch to Windows 7. It just works.
    12-20-09 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD