I got tired of waiting and out of sheer boredom decided to upgrade to the leaked version of OS 5.0....230. It's been stuck on "wait for device initialization" for about 4 hours. Any ideas on how I should proceed? I deleted the vendor file in case anyone is wondering.

Thank you.
    12-27-09 01:02 PM
    Unplug it and battery pull it. I hope you backed up first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 01:30 PM
    Yes, I backed it up first. Should I try reinstalling it all over again? Is there anything else I should do with my phone first? Ughh.
    12-27-09 01:32 PM
    Ok, I unplugged, did a battery pull, then my phone just started up and took me through the setup wizard, I plugged it back in and the installation kicked in again. It's going through the "restore service data" process now. I hope my phone will be ok....

Thank you for your suggestion pkcable!
    12-27-09 01:45 PM
    Oh my gosh, I can't believe how much cooler this OS is. I knew I should have done it sooner!
    12-27-09 01:58 PM
    Does 5.0 have the mms feature or just the link to download it on sprint... can't remember..
    12-27-09 02:46 PM
    5.0 has the mms feature, its just the same as my previous 4.5? But I have Verizon.
    12-27-09 03:08 PM
    Coolest thing about it is the threaded txt. It looks just like blackberry messenger with a picture icon and everything. Same old ugly themes though. Now I can download 5.0 themes! BUt it deleted out my BBM and BB App World.
    12-27-09 03:28 PM
    Coolest thing about it is the threaded txt. It looks just like blackberry messenger with a picture icon and everything. Same old ugly themes though. Now I can download 5.0 themes! BUt it deleted out my BBM and BB App World.
    I'm glad to hear ya got it up and running, if you haven't already redownload bbm .57 and then app world.
    12-27-09 03:42 PM
    I'm glad to hear ya got it up and running, if you haven't already redownload bbm .57 and then app world.
    I will and thank you! I'd be lost without this forum...
    12-27-09 03:53 PM
    Does 5.0 have the mms feature or just the link to download it on sprint... can't remember..
    I don't think an os upgrade will change that. I think its just a hardware issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 03:56 PM
    I thought 4.5 took care of the MMS issue with Sprint? Maybe it's the 8330m that got the fix.
    12-27-09 04:39 PM
    After I upgraded to OS 5.0, Gmail plug in is always running in the background. Is this normal? I don't think I even had that before on my old OS.
    12-27-09 11:47 PM
    After I upgraded to OS 5.0, Gmail plug in is always running in the background. Is this normal? I don't think I even had that before on my old OS.
    Yes the gmail plugin always runs. If you have a gmail account it enables features such as remote search and reporting spam.
    12-28-09 01:19 AM
    I realized the gmail plug in only ran in the background when I was using one particular theme I purchased for my phone. It never runs with any other theme I use. That was enough to irritate me into deleting it out. It has since disappeared.
    12-28-09 09:51 PM
    Every time I reboot my phone which is often it reads that the media card is encrypted and not compatible with my device or whatever. How do I make it stop? I still have access to all my old pics. If i reformat it will it delete my pix?
    12-30-09 05:22 PM
    My 5.0 upgrade problem!

I followed ALL the steps below, but it is still not upgrading to 5.0......

After downloading the OS, ran it as per usual and all the RIM screens/steps appeared. Then ran LOADER, but did not load 5.0 - only options for 4.6. Why????

Any ideas where I have gone wrong?

Step 1: Download desired OS to your PC.
    Step 2: Install and complete the setup process to have the OS installed.
    Step 3: Remember to delete vendor.xml file if your carrier is not AT&T.
    Step 4: Do a comprehensive backup in case anything goes wrong.
    Step 5: Connect Bold to PC and click on the Loader and let the process initiate. Loader can be found in the same folder as the vendor.xml file.
    Step 6: Do not unplug the Bold during the process. Process may take around 30-60 minutes to complete.
    Last edited by carsten; 12-30-09 at 06:18 PM.
    12-30-09 06:06 PM
    hey guys quick question.. i downloaded the new software for my storm 9530. its like the 5.0.0 something lol and some of the apps show up and some dont, am i doing something wrong? i already tried adding the apps twice and on the applications screen they show. like for example. the blackberry messenger shows in the list of apps on my BB but its not in the instant messages or any other folder. along with Facebook, MSN messenger, AIM.. weatherbug however does show up in my apps folder (not in options but the actual folder) is there a way to fix this is? thank you.
    12-30-09 06:11 PM
    Oh also.. How about the flip scrolling or whatever..it doesnt feel like that.. I know cuz i tried it on another storm yesterday.
    12-30-09 06:13 PM
    I had to reload most of my apps too...I think that's normal?
    12-30-09 06:21 PM
    My 5.0 upgrade problem!

I followed ALL the steps below, but it is still not upgrading to 5.0......

After downloading the OS, ran it as per usual and all the RIM screens/steps appeared. Then ran LOADER, but did not load 5.0 - only options for 4.6. Why????
    I had this problem too. What I found works is I uninstalled 5.0 from my computer. Then reinstall it again, it'll take you through the setup and when it asks if you want to start up Desktop Manager, check the box and when DM starts up, plug in your phone and OS 5.0 will be there. I installed OS 5.0 two times on my phone, both times the desktop manager would not acknowledge OS 5.0. I did this both times and it worked for me.
    12-30-09 06:25 PM
    it says it on the phone tho.. what could be the problem now?
    12-30-09 06:27 PM
    it says it on the phone tho.. what could be the problem now?
    Well, the Facebook icon was still on my homescreen, but I had to go in and re-sign in and everything and go through the FB setup wizard again. Same with Yahoo and Msn messenger. I just had to re-register all my information again. I don't know, your problem is a little confusing to me....perhaps someone will come along who can answer you better.
    12-30-09 06:39 PM
    I had this problem too. What I found works is I uninstalled 5.0 from my computer. Then reinstall it again, it'll take you through the setup and when it asks if you want to start up Desktop Manager, check the box and when DM starts up, plug in your phone and OS 5.0 will be there. I installed OS 5.0 two times on my phone, both times the desktop manager would not acknowledge OS 5.0. I did this both times and it worked for me.
    Don't uninstall the desktop Manager! I just realized this might be confusing. Uninstall OS 5.0. Then reinstall it again.
    12-30-09 06:43 PM
    hey what i did was uninstall the apps.. and now im waiting for that to be done.. but still no flip scroll =\ isnt that supposed to be there??? should i uninstall the 5.0 off the phone altogether and restart that? i mean it did- partially- upgrade lol
    12-30-09 06:56 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD