Hello. I just wanted to know how safe it is to upgrade to the 'leaked' OS updates found here on Crackberry. I just received a replacement Storm running .75. The tech rep at Verizon made it clear that if something happened to the phone and I was running an OS not officially released by Verizon that the phone's warranty would be void. Is there a way to revert to the original OS if a problem were to arise?
    03-23-09 01:34 PM
    Beta OS Builds & Warning...

Always "at your own risk" .... in "most" situations you can revert back (or downgrade) back to the current release. You would just have to uninstall the leak / beta software from your computer and use the Desktop Manager to re-load the one you want.

As for the rumor about it voiding the warranty ... I never saw the actual text, but I did hear the "rumor" ...
    03-23-09 01:39 PM
    Hello. I just wanted to know how safe it is to upgrade to the 'leaked' OS updates found here on Crackberry. I just received a replacement Storm running .75. The tech rep at Verizon made it clear that if something happened to the phone and I was running an OS not officially released by Verizon that the phone's warranty would be void. Is there a way to revert to the original OS if a problem were to arise?
    Check out the links in my sig... as for the warranty I did notice when I took my old storm into the store to get a replacement the first thing they did was check my OS....
    03-23-09 01:41 PM
    i spent weeks toiling over what i should about the updates. eventually got way too tired of waiting for the non existent upgrade and got .109. greatest decision ever. no real issues at all. very safe as long as u follow the instructions
    03-23-09 02:38 PM
    i spent weeks toiling over what i should about the updates. eventually got way too tired of waiting for the non existent upgrade and got .109. greatest decision ever. no real issues at all. very safe as long as u follow the instructions
    That's basically what it all boils down to! Just follow the directions. And if you still encounter a problem, it's always fixable.
    03-23-09 02:41 PM
    Any new blackberry Storm users looking to up date the OS to .109 you can go to my sight and get it there and read on how to do the update.

Welcome
    03-23-09 02:52 PM
    Beta OS Builds & Warning...

Always "at your own risk" .... in "most" situations you can revert back (or downgrade) back to the current release. You would just have to uninstall the leak / beta software from your computer and use the Desktop Manager to re-load the one you want.

As for the rumor about it voiding the warranty ... I never saw the actual text, but I did hear the "rumor" ...
    I'm a mac user. I finally got Pocket Mac to work with the new phone today. (It didn't work with my first Storm. Go figure). Am I I able to install/uninstall software using this program?
    03-23-09 05:09 PM
    Its been said before - as long as you can follow instructions you can do the upgrade with little to no risk and end up being much happier with your phone...
    03-23-09 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD