Hi all, so today I upgraded from 4.2x to 4.5.0.52 and was glad to see my camera become a video camera. However, I immediately noticed during install that the "multilanguage" version doesn't have Chinese.

I found on the forums that I should try 4.5.0.81, which has Chinese. I downloaded that, but have been unable to load it onto my Curve 8320.

When I installed 4.5.0.52, I removed the vendor file, started desktop manager, and it noticed the update and ran through the install with little hassle.

However, with 4.5.081, I did the same process (delete vendor file, start desktop manager, hook up device) and it didn't notice any new updates!

Any advice on why it noticed 4.5.0.52 just fine, but won't notice 4.5.0.81?

Alternatively, I'd be fine with sticking with the same OS if I could somehow add Chinese language support to it. Is there any way to do that?

Thanks for your help!
    12-04-08 03:58 AM
    Just a thought - could it be that desktop manager sees no real difference between 4.5.0.52 and 4.5.0.81 and therefore isn't loading it?

Do I have to go back to 4.2x then forward to the 4.5.0.81 with Chinese support? How do you reinstall and old OS?
    12-04-08 06:11 AM
    Not sure if you'll have to downgrade to get the support on there now that you already have a version of 4.5 on your device, but I know version 4.5.0.110 has support for Chinese display and entry. I just upgraded my 8310 to this about a month ago. And plan on doing it soom with my new 8320 soon. Just be sure you read all your options when instaling the OS to make sure you can choose what you need.
    01-14-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD